Council Protest (1 Viewer)

TurkeyTrot

So how many actually genuinely turned up for this protest, do we have any photos?

There is a pic on the kcic Facebook page, I'd say about 30 -35 Max if you include the guy standing in the elections and the photographers.

Skyblueweeman

So much of a 'rip off' your mates at SISU didn't notice this glaring 'exploitation' in the due diligence process, eh? And you still can't bring yourself to criticise their take-over of the club?

How can you simultaneously hold both views?!?!?

FFS! We're not SISU insiders/moles!

Hyperbole gone mad!!

chiefdave

Surely the past owners can be blamed for it not happening also?

What we went through to end up with SISU whilst not technically administration was the same process. A third party was appointed to find a buyer for the club, as part of that purchase those owed money had to agree to write off a portion.

It's absolutely correct that once we came out of that process the first thing SISU should have done was to resolve the issue of high rent but they chose not to so seemingly it wasn't a priority.

To be clear I'm not saying previous regimes are blameless just that the time for blaming them has passed. When you come in as owner you take responsibility. SISU knew, or at least should have known, what they were getting into and whatever plan they had to gain a return for their investors has failed. It's not like we were taken over by a couple of fans with limited resources who were saying from day one it was going to be a huge struggle.

skybluetony176

No, you said, our owners are the only group that can take criticism for not putting us into administration. The truth of the matter is different to that statement. Previous owners could also have put us into administration....therefore SISU shouldn't be the only ones castigated for not putting us into administration.

Out of curiosity, why do you feel that BR or MM'G shouldn't take blame for not putting us into admin? Why just Sisu?

Our current owners did put us into administration, hence ccfc ltd is being liquidated and otium are in charge.

What doesn't add up is how we're in a worse position now than we were before. The mountain of debt is as bad as ever and were generating less revenue than we were while we were still paying the rent. You can't blame that on anyone else but otium, this has all happened since they took over and there has been no involvement from ACL/CCC/Higgs.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So you won't complain if the Higgs ever lose shit loads of money from investing in football as they shouldn't have got involved ;)

It's entirely their look out, Nick. Investments go up and down. That's the risk, otherwise we'd all do it. Higgs have no more right to expect a return, than SISU do to use very turn possible not to take a loss

Skyblueweeman

Our current owners did put us into administration, hence ccfc ltd is being liquidated and otium are in charge.

What doesn't add up is how we're in a worse position now than we were before. The mountain of debt is as bad as ever and were generating less revenue than we were while we were still paying the rent. You can't blame that on anyone else but otium, this has all happened since they took over and there has been no involvement from ACL/CCC/Higgs.

Can't disagree with that Tony. WM

Mary_Mungo_Midge

All fair points but where have I done that? I'm as crticial of SISU as the next person. Taking us out of Cov, lack of interaction with fans, false promises etc etc, I could go on.

I just see the bigger picture and realise that whilst SISU have been awful for us in some aspects, previous regimes play as big a part for our current siutation, regardless of sh*t due dilligence.

Again, when you buy a club, or business; you take over responsibility for the assets and liabilities of that business. If you don't want that, you don't buy. Or you change it fundamentally before buying.

That's what I'm saying, SISU didn't change it fundamentally, and we're now living with the consequences of THAT decision. And THAT specific decision is one that only SISU can take responsibility for. That's my point

(The use of capitals only being used to add emphasis to what I'm trying to say, not designed to be shouty or condescending)

M&B Stand

For a Coventry City fan to downplay the contribution of the football club to the city is utterly bizarre. Some attitude that, the idea that they'd agree to a negotiate a higher rent if the club went up the divisions made fuck all sense, the more successful the club the more money would come into the city. Don't take a genius that. The council are the reason the city centre is such a shit hole and Coventry is a laughing stock.

wingy

Can't see Rob S there ?

Who Is the one doing the ultra impression with hood up and about 3 scarves covering there face ? Joy Seppalla or a Russian separatist/

We're just too civilized in this country to hold a dodgy referendum or Torch a few buildings

señor Santiago

Coventry city fc were homeless, went begging to the council for a ground. Coventry city build them a ground.Even give them 50% ownership.Due to the football club financial incompetence had to sell their share to Higgs trusts. Then they complain the council rent was too high. How ungrateful can you be. Now the football club want the ownership of the stadium for free

Grendel

Coventry city fc were homeless, went begging to the council for a ground. Coventry city build them a ground.Even give them 50% ownership.Due to the football club financial incompetence had to sell their share to Higgs trusts. Then they complain the council rent was too high. How ungrateful can you be. Now the football club want the ownership of the stadium for free

What a pile of innacurate shit.

Astute

What a pile of innacurate shit.

Our club never ended up homeless after having sold HR.

Our club never had the Ricoh built for it.

Our club wasn't given a 50 % share of ACL.

Our club never sold their 50% share.

Our club didn't complain that the rent was too high.

Our club doesn't want the arena for free. They want to pay many millions more than it is worth.

Whilst back on planet earth...............

stupot07

Top wumming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

RoboCCFC90

One poster on here attended, (looked to be enjoying himself) did Rob S attend? Not sure what he looks like.

That was me.. I wouldn't say I was enjoying myself however it's not a situation we should be in.

I am in the photos but I won't point myself out to insensitive comments such as yours..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I am in the photos but I won't point myself out to insensitive comments such as yours

I'm no internet sleuth, but at the weekend, I saw some Twitter messages from someone who has the same screen name you use on here; and that person was lying down outside the council house. From a process of deduction, I concluded you and this gent are 'as one'.

If you seek anonymity, I suggest you employ a different nom de plume from site to site ...

RoboCCFC90

I'm no internet sleuth, but at the weekend, I saw some Twitter messages from someone who has the same screen name you use on here; and that person was lying down outside the council house. From a process of deduction, I concluded you and this gent are 'as one'.

If you seek anonymity, I suggest you employ a different nom de plume from site to site ...

Okay so I was tired and wanted a little rest, so big deal! I protested really hard as anyone else there can attest to! Plus I am sure people who know me personally will also attest to that the picture you saw was apart of my humour and charm, but of course MMM I wouldn't expect different from you to assume I was being an idiot..

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Okay so I was tired and wanted a little rest, so big deal! I protested really hard as anyone else there can attest to! Plus I am sure people who know me personally will also attest to that the picture you saw was apart of my humour and charm, but of course MMM I wouldn't expect different from you to assume I was being an idiot..

No problem with you lying down. Quite an artistic pose, really. Might have joined you myself, at a different location. I'm just saying that there's no point telling folk on here you don't want to identify yourself for fear of piss taking; then using exactly the same screen name on Twitter, with a great big picture of you outside the council house?!?

RoboCCFC90

Okay the picture that MMM is referring to I have attached to the thread, yes that is me, many regulars to games unlike MMM will also know that I am quite the joker so that this was meant in all good humour..
ze5y9u6u.jpg

RoboCCFC90

No problem with you lying down. Quite an artistic pose, really. Might have joined you myself, at a different location. I'm just saying that there's no point telling folk on here you don't want to identify yourself for fear of piss taking; then using exactly the same screen name on Twitter, with a great big picture of you outside the council house?!?

From what I saw the picture wasn't shared much so it has to be said that I didn't expect people to see it..

I lie down on my own unless it's a smoking hot blonde/brunette, please understand MMM your not my type you give me too much abuse like my ex fiancée used too!

Astute

Trying not to think of what this location could be where you want to lie down with Rob :whistle: :D

Users who are viewing this thread