Council Protest (1 Viewer)

hill83

Sat in The Castle swigging Newcastle brown ale and there's 16 people outside the council house protesting. Good show people.

Houdi

Sat in The Castle swigging Newcastle brown ale and there's 16 people outside the council house protesting. Good show people.
Well that has grown quickly then,as when I drove by the Council House at about 12.47 I saw just 3 people stood by the Council House steps. It doesn't bode too well for their electoral campaign, I doubt if Ann Lucas will be having too many sleepless nights.;)

ccfc92

This is a genuine question, what is today's march trying to achieve? Purely highlighting CCFC fans have not given up on the club? or to make the council act?

Spionkop

Seems to me that it was a bit of council bashing.
You know, those terrible people who part funded the building of the Ricoh.
The ones who offered an 80% reduction in the rent.
Awful people aren't they!

ccfc92

Seems to me that it was a bit of council bashing.
You know, those terrible people who part funded the building of the Ricoh.
The ones who offered an 80% reduction in the rent.
Awful people aren't they!

well this is what I'm asking. Fair enough protest for the council to keep trying to bring CCFC back to the Ricoh.

But do people genuinely expect the council to hand the Ricoh over to CCFC/SISU for nothing? Because that's what SISU want, the Ricoh for hardly anything.

TurkeyTrot

well this is what I'm asking. Fair enough protest for the council to keep trying to bring CCFC back to the Ricoh.

But do people genuinely expect the council to hand the Ricoh over to CCFC/SISU for nothing? Because that's what SISU want, the Ricoh for hardly anything.

Seems about 30 do, they're making there feelings known outside the council house, fair play to them. At least they're making their voices heard for what they believe.

RoboCCFC90

4esava5a.jpg

People will prejudge on here I'd expect no different but for those who couldn't make it an ex Councillor is standing against Anne Lucas to try and provide some clarity to this situation..

CCFC is suffering from all of this that was good enough reason for me to be there.

A little sing song as well and the people who turned up are true passionate CCFC fans so think before you post, because these people follow City through thick and thin and they don't deserve slating..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfc92

4esava5a.jpg

People will prejudge on here I'd expect no different but for those who couldn't make it an ex Councillor is standing against Anne Lucas to try and provide some clarity to this situation..

CCFC is suffering from all of this that was good enough reason for me to be there.

A little sing song as well and the people who turned up are true passionate CCFC fans so think before you post, because these people follow City through thick and thin and they don't deserve slating..

can you give some light on the aim of the protest mate?

RoboCCFC90

can you give some light on the aim of the protest mate?

In affect the aim is of the protest is to highlight the issue of the Ricoh Arena and CCFC runs deeper than just a Football Club, we are talking about a City that loses X amount of millions in revenue from the fact that CCFC doesn't play at the Ricoh. It's not a stance that blames certain parties, it's a stance that blames all parties and demands negotiations for the best of the Club and the City itself.

We want all parties to talk, the past is the past, you can't forget not can you change it but what you can do is change the future..

ccfc92

In affect the aim is of the protest is to highlight the issue of the Ricoh Arena and CCFC runs deeper than just a Football Club, we are talking about a City that loses X amount of millions in revenue from the fact that CCFC doesn't play at the Ricoh. It's not a stance that blames certain parties, it's a stance that blames all parties and demands negotiations for the best of the Club and the City itself.

We want all parties to talk, the past is the past, you can't forget not can you change it but what you can do is change the future..

okay thanks :) is it going to be similar to the protest last year or is it finished already?

RoboCCFC90

okay thanks :) is it going to be similar to the protest last year or is it finished already?

There will be more protests until this issue is sorted, there are plans in the pipeline to try and sort this issue but of course it will take time..

The point we are try to make is that we all know there are two parties to blame, we all know that things have been said and done, but it's time to put the past to the side and resolve the issue for the best of the Club and the City. Did you know that Foleshill itself loses £2.5m a year in finance with the Club not playing at the Ricoh? I didn't know that but it was explained to me today and it's a lot of money, that just being Foleshill!

ccfc92

There will be more protests until this issue is sorted, there are plans in the pipeline to try and sort this issue but of course it will take time..

The point we are try to make is that we all know there are two parties to blame, we all know that things have been said and done, but it's time to put the past to the side and resolve the issue for the best of the Club and the City. Did you know that Foleshill itself loses £2.5m a year in finance with the Club not playing at the Ricoh? I didn't know that but it was explained to me today and it's a lot of money, that just being Foleshill!

I imagined it would be around this. Something that all parties should remember :(

CCFC at the Ricoh, that's all I ask.

J

Jack Griffin

What research was done to get this figure, has there been a formal study?

Does that number represent a loss to Coventry or is it made up of a redistribution away from the immediate locality plus a much smaller loss?
Speaking personally I've just spent the money I would have spent in Foleshill (mainly at Tesco) in other areas of Coventry, so no loss on my account.

Ultimately I am not convinced by someone saying £2.5M is lost, I want clear evidence. After all that number represents something like £10 per person per match at the Ricoh.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboCCFC90

What research was done to get this figure, has there been a formal study?

Does that number represent a loss to Coventry or is it made up of a redistribution away from the immediate locality plus a much smaller loss?
Speaking personally I've just spent the money I would have spent in Foleshill (mainly at Tesco) in other areas of Coventry, so no loss on my account.

Ultimately I am not convinced by someone saying £2.5M is lost, I want clear evidence. After all that number represents something like £10 per person per match at the Ricoh.

Maybe if you wanted answers you should have been there Jack?

I didn't ask to many questions I just acted like the Class Clown, however it's something I am intrigued to and wanted to know, I got an answer. Simple as that.

edgy

Good effort by all there. Considering the lack of publicity it received beforehand.

Another one planned after the JR maybe?

Snozz_is_god

£2.5 million... you're havin' a laugh, made up number I'm afraid.

personally when I went to the arena I spent £4 only (apart from the ticket) & that was to park the car. No beer or junk food, primarily because when I went to the Ricoh I went to see a game of football.

RoboCCFC90

£2.5 million... you're havin' a laugh, made up number I'm afraid.

personally when I went to the arena I spent £4 only (apart from the ticket) & that was to park the car. No beer or junk food, primarily because when I went to the Ricoh I went to see a game of football.

But not everyone is the same Snozz..

Spionkop

Lost count of the number of invitations to come and discuss the situation the council have made. Sisu either ignore them or decline.
Rob, you're on a losing wicket here. The vast majority don't have much of an issue with the council, they place the blame at Sisu's door.

RoboCCFC90

Lost count of the number of invitations to come and discuss the situation the council have made. Sisu either ignore them or decline.
Rob, you're on a losing wicket here. The vast majority don't have much of an issue with the council, they place the blame at Sisu's door.

To be honest I don't think I am, I think my opinion and that of many others is playing down the leg side and has a chance of finding the boundary..

Ian1779

But you conveniently forget the vast amount of times that CCC/ACL have been asked to comment and clarify their position and have ignored every one.

Just because the majority have a particular opinion.. it doesn't automatically make them right. Everyone is to blame - not just SISU.

italiahorse

Your outside the Council house, so what do you want CCC to do?

The way I see it, CCC want the club back but will not sell SISU the stadium.
Sisu don't want to rent it so are building a new stadium.
Do you want them to sell the stadium to SISU ?

Last question.
How do you see SISU getting the money back they have lost if they buy the stadium at it's correct valuation?

Grendel

But you conveniently forget the vast amount of times that CCC/ACL have been asked to comment and clarify their position and have ignored every one.

Just because the majority have a particular opinion.. it doesn't automatically make them right. Everyone is to blame - not just SISU.

Ignore him. He loaths the football club. Just ignore him.

italiahorse

To be fair neither party is saying anything concrete. I suspect they are limited by their JR lawyers so they don't prejudice their case.

I assume the facts we are after will come out at the JR.

Bennets Afro

the new leadership will be prepared to do a deal with the club probably along the lines of the HoT agreed. Simple really!

Peoples attitudes will change within the council. Its only the current leadership that doesn't want CCFC back in Coventry

Ian1779

To be fair neither party is saying anything concrete. I suspect they are limited by their JR lawyers so they don't prejudice their case.

I assume the facts we are after will come out at the JR.

I think this, amongst many reasons is why a protest at Council is worthwhile in conjunction with others

They should have just come out and said ages ago that they will make no comment until the conclusion of the JR. At least people wouldn't be left guessing.

Last edited:

italiahorse

the new leadership will be prepared to do a deal with the club probably along the lines of the HoT agreed. Simple really!

Peoples attitudes will change within the council. Its only the current leadership that doesn't want CCFC back in Coventry

But they have said they want them back.
Which leader says they don't want them?

Sorry, what is HoT agreed ?

Last edited:

Bennets Afro

I also want the team back, but unfortunately I am not in a position to influence or do anything about bringing the team back.

The council are in a position and can help bring the club back. It isn't hard to start talking to the club again to try and see what can be done. Be the bigger person and make an effort to try start a resolution to the problem.

duffer

Maybe if you wanted answers you should have been there Jack?

I didn't ask to many questions I just acted like the Class Clown, however it's something I am intrigued to and wanted to know, I got an answer. Simple as that.

So in other words this £2.5m is a number without any evidence. Sort of a 'fat bloke down the pub says that we're losing two million quid a year in Foleshill' kind of thing.

Sorry mate, but there's not much point in quoting figures like this to support your case. There has to be some attempt to prove it or it isn't really worth anything, imho.

Users who are viewing this thread