Council meeting for Mark and I (1 Viewer)

tisza

That's the point isn't it? The four years was never mentioned until we were at Birmingham and all of a sudden the council were claiming their previous statements only applied to that initial 4 year lease. It's clearly nonsense as CRFC were mentioned alongside CCFC, "this deal would not have happened if it threatened the future of the Sky Blues or Coventry Rugby Club".
Does handing out large numbers of free tickets not count as threatening CRFC?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Does handing out large numbers of free tickets not count as threatening CRFC?

If their games clash yes. If not, probably not.

Could argue that a free ticket there may get someone up to then not bothered about rugby interested enough to attend other rugby games, which could include CRFC games.

Not the strongest argument, but one that could be made.

mark82

Will try to get something up tomorrow between us. I've not had 5 minutes this evening to look through the notes.

In all honesty, there won't be anything particularly mind-blowing or unexpected.

cc84cov

Will try to get something up tomorrow between us. I've not had 5 minutes this evening to look through the notes.

In all honesty, there won't be anything particularly mind-blowing or unexpected.
Didn’t think there would be much new mate but fair play lads 🙌🏻

Liquid Gold

Honestly, did you feel like it was worth it?

Sky Blue Pete

It’s all worth it friends. Relationships are what will make ccfc successful

Like our other conversations with Joy and Dave and Wasps we were respected and straight questions received straight answers. As Mark says there was nothing new and some questions received political answers.
We have our brief notes but there was a minute taker and the notes will be made public in due course.
Some headlines though

Martin Reeves said no discussions with Derek in the week when deal fell through and any conversations with Wasps would have been general in nature

Ccc were not names on any nda or side agreement

No request was made to wasps to indemnify any future legal action

Martin Reeves gave a very clear statement of how they desire Ccfc to play in Coventry as every other party in this mess has also done
Something which frustrates the hell out of us

On to the next meeting later this week.
Which party is going to break the deadlock and say I’m gonna make a move towards a different future?
I know who my money is on

Nick

Administrator
Did you ask them about the condition of sale that Ann Lucas publicly said about?

Did Reeves say why the council seemed more bothered about the Aldi?

Sky Blue Pete

Did you ask them about the condition of sale that Ann Lucas publicly said about?

Did Reeves say why the council seemed more bothered about the Aldi?
Yep we did the answer was that was genuinely what they wanted to happen

Didn’t ask about Aldi but he did talk about being proud of the organisations that had relocated into the city. I did mention to keep quiet just at the moment about Ofqual!

tisza

Martin Reeves gave a very clear statement of how they desire Ccfc to play in Coventry as every other party in this mess has also done
Anywhere in Coventry or just the Ricoh?

"Which party is going to break the deadlock and say I’m gonna make a move towards a different future?
I know who my money is on "
Who and why?

Sky Blue Pete

What did they say about the condition that Lucas said about?
Exact wording will be in the minutes
We asked what was the precise minute and what was the spirit of what it meant? They didn’t have the wording, they wanted the sentence to be true about it not negatively impacting ccfc but they had a duty to the whole city and not just ccfc. We pushed this a little around regretting the impact on the fans and didn’t ccfc deserve special treatment as it’s a 137 year institution that requires passing down from one generation to another with care and consideration and ultimately the answer was ‘for the good of the city’ not just ccfc or the supporters. Martin Reeves did make what to me seemed a genuine claim that since his involvement since about 2008 that ccfc has been treated better than other businesses because it is the football club.

I can see how that’s true in some ways but in other ways. You sold the ground to wasps

Like I said all parties are people who can express themselves well. They all have a bias to their point of view, they all want their party to be successful, they all want ccfc playing in coventry. Which one is gonna break from the cycle of I’m right your wrong, you hurt me so I’m gonna injure you, ive got every right to ..... and sort the mess out??!!!!!

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Exact wording will be in the minutes
We asked what was the precise minute and what was the spirit of what it meant? They didn’t have the wording, they wanted the sentence to be true about it not negatively impacting ccfc but they had a duty to the whole city and not just ccfc. We pushed this a little around regretting the impact on the fans and didn’t ccfc deserve special treatment as it’s a 137 year institution that requires passing down from one generation to another with care and consideration and ultimately the answer was ‘for the good of the city’ not just ccfc or the supporters. Martin Reeves did make what to me seemed a genuine claim that since his involvement since about 2008 that ccfc has been treated better than other businesses because it is the football club.

I can see how that’s true in some ways but in other ways. You sold the ground to wasps

Like I said all parties are people who can express themselves well. They all have a bias to their point of view, they all want their party to be successful, they all want ccfc playing in coventry. Which one is gonna break from the cycle of I’m right your wrong, you hurt me so I’m gonna jury you, ive got every right to ..... and sort the mess out??!!!!!

Yeah but saying "They wanted it to be true" isn't the same as it being true.

Martin Reeves thought CCFC was treated better than any other business? Jesus Christ.

giphy.gif

Fair play to you for not bursting out laughing and walking out at that point.

Sky Blue Pete

Anywhere in Coventry or just the Ricoh?

"Which party is going to break the deadlock and say I’m gonna make a move towards a different future?
I know who my money is on "
Who and why?
They are just words and they were public words to two fans one of whom is a constituent

Anywhere - felt genuine and I know others will disagree and say you can’t trust a word Martin reeves says.

Can I not say and see what happens? No ok. I’ll dare to say what needs to happen

Sisu - clear statement that the Eu complaint is the last step in legal action against the sale of acl to wasps. If it’s lost we will do no more. That’s their step
Ccfc - Can do nothing at this moment that I can think of
Efl - clear statement that ccfc should be in coventry and its still possible at any stage this season
Ccc - Clear Statement that they will do all they can to practically support ccfc. And when more detail is available they should give a clear statement of intent to facilitate the new stadium at uow
Wasps - Talk about the damage the Eu complaint caused and how their empathy is for Ccfc supporters and suggest a contingent deal that isn’t impossible for Sisu / ccfc to sign

Thanks for asking I have my roadmap

Sky Blue Pete

Martin Reeves thought CCFC was treated better than any other business? Jesus Christ.

giphy.gif

It was a teams call so I’m not sure how that could be done. I can see how that opinion would be valid up to the rent being clearly too high and the sale of acl

shmmeee

If you're saying the council are correct to say that the promises made at the time of the sale only relate to the 4 year lease the club signed upon returning from Northampton why were CRFC also mentioned when they never had a lease with ACL?

The statements made by the council at the time were very clear. I can't imagine anyone seeing those statements and thinking they obviously mean ACL under Wasps ownership have to honour leases made while ACL was under council / Higgs ownership but past that can do what they like.

Im. Not. Saying. That.

Read the fucking post you quoted. Jesus Christ.

Sky Blue Pete

giphy.gif

And to the first point of course it’s not true. One thing that frustrated me was hindsight wasn’t really allowed in their thinking. Some of this I get. How anyone voting for that thought crfc and ccfc wouldn’t be negatively affected is a buffoon an absolute buffoon. Shmmee has said it many times it meant nothing then and means nothing now

shmmeee

They are just words and they were public words to two fans one of whom is a constituent

Anywhere - felt genuine and I know others will disagree and say you can’t trust a word Martin reeves says.

Can I not say and see what happens? No ok. I’ll dare to say what needs to happen

Sisu - clear statement that the Eu complaint is the last step in legal action against the sale of acl to wasps. If it’s lost we will do no more. That’s their step

Wasps - Talk about the damage the Eu complaint caused and how their empathy is for Ccfc supporters and suggest a contingent deal that isn’t impossible for Sisu / ccfc to sign

Thanks for asking I have my roadmap

What about the current deal do you think makes it impossible to sign from your conversations so far? What is it Wasps need to change about it?

Did you ask about CCC not just not asking for indemnity but not needing it at all?

Nick

Administrator
And to the first point of course it’s not true. One thing that frustrated me was hindsight wasn’t really allowed in their thinking. Some of this I get. How anyone voting for that thought crfc and ccfc wouldn’t be negatively affected is a buffoon an absolute buffoon. Shmmee has said it many times it meant nothing then and means nothing now

Which is what is meant by Duggins and Lucas publicly bullshitting about it and not being held to account.

Reeves has been involved all the way hasn't he? Did he expand on why he thought CCFC had preferential treatment and some examples?

Being charged all year round for business rates instead of a company he was a director of gives you an idea of that.

Users who are viewing this thread