Council Hearing Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Yes it is, if the assertion is that any offer made by SISU would have to be put before the full council then you need to define at what point any talks become an offer.

Why do you bother?

Nick

Administrator
You get paid to fight Wasps corner.

But it's ok because he then ironically accuses of other people of being on SISU's payroll. I am still yet to see anybody back SISU as much as he did, to the point they get snappy with other posters who don't. More irony.

Nick

Administrator
How is it clutching at straws? Are you seriously going to say every conversation that takes place about the disposal of any council asset goes before the full council?

Well no, because the other week he was saying Wasps weren't in touch about the Ricoh years in advance even though there was documentation to prove they were. So it must have been in front of them surely?

It was played down as an off the record conversation...

Moff

To be honest. Sisu are the 'dog shit' on the pavement of life and I just wish they would move on and let us rebuild the club without them.
Other than a few Sisu hangers on, no one wants them here.

You can trawl that line out time and time and time again, but it means f*ck all though if no one wants to buy them out.

skybluetony176

Yes it is, if the assertion is that any offer made by SISU would have to be put before the full council then you need to define at what point any talks become an offer.

How can a council debate an informal offer? They weren't discussing the sale of a transit van surplus to requirements from the works departments. It would have been a multi million pound transaction and an extension to a lease on something that the council own the freehold on. If its not a formal offer it's not an offer.

That's why I asked if it was a serious question. Seriously. What planet are you living on?

stupot07

You can trawl that line out time and time and time again, but it means f*ck all though if no one wants to buy them out.

There are also no Sisu hangers on who want them here....its just a lazy throw away comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

NorthernWisdom

Point me in the direction of one person that didn't want to give Sisu a chance at the start?

/waves

If people had read the right books, the right articles... they'd have kept well, well away.

Wouldn't mind, but I spent however long banging on about the dubious business practices, including some of their past record and... few listened :(

Still, at least it's good news that more are aware now.

The bad news is any potential owners (Haskell!) get the same unquestioning welcoming that SISU had :(

Last edited:

chiefdave

You're also speculating though aren't you? You are not privvy to all the details. You're not Joy or Ann? You say SISU never made an offer even though Joy met Ann in Mayfair. Now was an offer made during that meeting? Can you say categorically there was or wasn't? What if Joy made an offer but Ann didn't think it was acceptable?

This may come as a shock to you but a council is not a dictatorship it's a democracy. Which means that should an offer had been placed it would have been approved or disapproved at a full council meeting as the Wasps offer had to be. So no it's not supposition to say there was no offer. We've seen what happens when an offer is made.

How can a council debate an informal offer?

The suggestion from SBZ was that Lucas and Sepalla could have discussed the sale of ACL with Lucas dismissing it out of hand. You stated this was not possible as it would have to have gone between the full council. You're now saying that only a formal offer would have to go before the full council.

skybluetony176

The suggestion from SBZ was that Lucas and Sepalla could have discussed the sale of ACL with Lucas dismissing it out of hand. You stated this was not possible as it would have to have gone between the full council. You're now saying that only a formal offer would have to go before the full council.

Is that not obvious?

I tell you what. I like my local park, it has a playground for the kids and a nice field to walk the dog round. I'm going to get my local councillor to come round my house and I'm going to offer him a fiver for it. Now do you think I should expect my offer to be discussed in a full council meeting or should I just not pretend to be that stupid. Seriously. What planet are you on.

Ian1779

To be honest it was always going to turn out this way. The ethics committee is not going to bite the hands that feeds them is it?

What will be more pertinent is what comes back from the court case... not this mummer's farce.

NorthernWisdom

Oh, a little anecdote time... and I'll wave a cheery hello to SISU's lawyers as I say it :D

Now, I don't have the search tools available to me I did then, and certain things appear to have... disappeaered so, I'm absolutely convinced this is not SISU, OK!

But back when they took us over, I checked for information on them. There was an article about a hedge fund who had taken over a failing company in France. At first, all was good... the local council and the new owners worked together to try to turn it around, but it was a futile task - the company was as good as dead and should have been put out of its misery.

Instead of doing that, however, the hedge fund owners suddenly started behaving seemingly irrationally and confrontationally with the council. There were numerous court actions and the like and... the company died, the workforce ended up out of work, and local government was exhausted by the battle.

I popped that up on GMK at the time, but the GMK cocksucking server has died, and with it my proof of that :(

Ah well.

Now hi SISU lawyers. I'm now emphasising this is not at all how your company conducts business, and this is just an anecdote about the worst practices of hedge funds. Thankfully, yours are not like that.

olderskyblue

/waves

If people had read the right books, the right articles... they'd have kept well, well away.

Wouldn't mind, but I spent however long banging on about the dubious business practices, including some of their past record and... few listened :(

Still, at least it's good news that more are aware now.

The bad news is any potential owners (Haskell!) get the same unquestioning welcoming that SISU had :(

Blimey NW, why didn't you tell us that before?? ;);)

italiahorse

It's a two way street Nick. Integrity, Honesty, and Transparency. Something we've never had from SISU OR CCC. So don't take the piss by saying that!

There are accountable processes for CCC and the one today is being ridiculed because it didn't show the council guys to be wrong.
Sometimes you just need to accept that Sisu are wrong.

lordsummerisle

They vote on the big decisions and we vote them in to make the decisions. That's as near as it gets ;)

to be fair would be nice if we even knew that they were making the big decision to sell the "Community Asset" to Wasps before it was done.

Shame that the Trust didn't manage to get the Ricoh registered as a community asset to stop it being sold to people who might just use it to raise money against.

What happened to that idea anyway?

Always thought it was a good plan myself.

NorthernWisdom

Shame that the Trust didn't manage to get the Ricoh registered as a community asset to stop it being sold to people who might just use it to raise money against.

tbf, I always thought that was a bit of a crazy idea.

Admittedly that was before I realised our public sector were as mercenary as the lot of 'em!

Maybe I'd reconsider if I had my time again ;)

Ian1779

You can't change the fact that it happened.
Nobody is praising it but most realise we need to move on.

I'm pleased for you that you have finally come to terms with the Sixfields move. It's important to let go and all that.

skybluetony176

to be fair would be nice if we even knew that they were making the big decision to sell the "Community Asset" to Wasps before it was done.

I think it's a little disingenuous to suggest that we didn't know. Aside from the fact it wasn't sold until it had been approved and we all knew where and when that meeting was before it happened. Also according to some on here it was a done deal two years ago and even if you don't believe that it was fairly common knowledge from around the Easter before the offer had been made public that Wasps were on the scene and putting a bid together. Although I only heard it second hand myself I believe the original source was apparently SISU (which begs the question if true why did they continue to play silly buggers and not table a bid?) on that scoop to posters on here in meetings arranged by admin on here. If you really wanted to stretch it AL was quoted several times in the press as saying that they are talking to more than one interested party around the same time she announced that she was going to see JS at SISU towers.

We knew.

Last edited:

lapsed_skyblue

Reading this thread and the CT report should I be surprised that a hedge fund is such a sensitive entity?
On the other hand if SISU was a burglar they would probably sue the police for restraint of trade.

dadgad

The whole thing is ridiculous and a complete waste of time. No idea how they get away with it time after time.

Sick Boy admits he 'has no idea'. This will not shock many.....

Meanwhile the Law finds in favour of Council who don't like owners of local football club.

Have personal differences soured a favourable outcome for our beloved club?
I'd say definitely. Sisu, always played hardball.
'We batter people in court' mantra.
Who was that supposed to impress???

Probably just Sick boy, and one or two others from the misguided, hard of learning mind set.

Has all this shite affected the club at a critical time, yet again?

Undoubtedly.

Users who are viewing this thread