Council Hearing Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Sick Boy admits he 'has no idea'. This will not shock many.....

Meanwhile the Law finds in favour of Council who don't like owners of local football club.

Have personal differences soured a favourable outcome for our beloved club?
I'd say definitely. Sisu, always played hardball.
'We batter people in court' mantra.
Who was that supposed to impress???

Probably just Sick boy, and one or two others from the misguided, hard of learning mind set.

Has all this shite affected the club at a critical time, yet again?

Undoubtedly.

It's nothing to do with the law you clueless imbecile.

italiahorse

You were hardly as supportive of our temporary move as you are of Wasps permanent move were you??

You were supportive then of the 'temporary' move ?

Wasps are here to stay so I'll leave you to fight the futile battle against them.
I'll enjoy the experience because I can't effect anything !!

Ian1779

You were supportive then of the 'temporary' move ?

Wasps are here to stay so I'll leave you to fight the futile battle against them.
I'll enjoy the experience because I can't effect anything !!

I was certainly supportive of breaking the crippling rental agreement. IMO we only ever went to Sixfields due to ACL rejecting the CVA - this spiteful, vindictive action cost the club 10 points before a ball was kicked. Had that not happened we never would have gone.

I went to support the team in the knowledge we would never be in Northampton forever.

italiahorse

I was certainly supportive of breaking the crippling rental agreement. IMO we only ever went to Sixfields due to ACL rejecting the CVA - this spiteful, vindictive action cost the club 10 points before a ball was kicked. Had that not happened we never would have gone.

So Sisu would have paid the rent if ACL had accepted the CVA ?
Your in cloud cuckoo land pal.

You got everything you deserve then.

Ian1779

So Sisu would have paid the rent if ACL had accepted the CVA ?
Your in cloud cuckoo land pal.

You got everything you deserve then.

Not what I said was it.

If CVA had not been rejected then club would have had the opportunity to get round the table and agree a mutually beneficial deal so that they stayed in Coventry. It may well have been short -term like, not dissimilar to what they agreed at the end of the previous season.

Either way - the money paid at the end of the process was the same amount they would have got if they accepted the CVA. It was totally unnecessary.

tisza

Not what I said was it.

If CVA had not been rejected then club would have had the opportunity to get round the table and agree a mutually beneficial deal so that they stayed in Coventry. It may well have been short -term like, not dissimilar to what they agreed at the end of the previous season.

Either way - the money paid at the end of the process was the same amount they would have got if they accepted the CVA. It was totally unnecessary.
aren't you blurring the history a bit?
1. wasn't it the football league who subsequentlu made SISU pay what the amounts owed?
2. there couldn't have been discussions at the time due to the outstanding monies?
3. there were major questions at the time (which I haven't seen answered yet) around the movement of assets etc. between the various football companies involved with CCFC?

Ian1779

aren't you blurring the history a bit?
1. wasn't it the football league who subsequentlu made SISU pay what the amounts owed?
2. there couldn't have been discussions at the time due to the outstanding monies?
3. there were major questions at the time (which I haven't seen answered yet) around the movement of assets etc. between the various football companies involved with CCFC?

1. Yes the FL insisted that ACL were paid the same amount as part of the agreement to let CCFC play in league.
2. So there couldn't have been discussions but ACL made 'rent offers' prior to the CVA meeting...? (Incidentally they couldn't have been accepted because only offered to club whilst in admin - something FL would not allow club to remain in)
3. ACL's sole responsibility was/is to its shareholders. It's is not the moral bastion that we empower to investigate the ethical practice of a hedge fund. Primary objective was to secure maximum monies for the company. Other motivations should have been irrelevant. In addition if this 'dastardly practice' needed looking at further - where was the official complaint that should have accompanied the CVA rejection?? It either never happened (which would seem strange give the supposed rationale for rejection) or it did happen but we heard nothing about it because nothing untoward was found.

skybluetony176

I went to support the team in the knowledge we would never be in Northampton forever.

What a crock of shit. The rental agreement was broken by the administration process and are we really supposed to believe that a hedge fund is so sensitive that they ran away crying to Northampton because big bad ACL hurt their feelings. Either they're in the wrong business or you're practicing a comedy routine.

Ian1779

What a crock of shit. The rental agreement was broken by the administration process and are we really supposed to believe that a hedge fund is so sensitive that they ran away crying to Northampton because big bad ACL hurt their feelings. Either they're in the wrong business or you're practicing a comedy routine.

What part of in my opinion did you miss?

So in your opinion - if they didn't run away 'crying' why did they go? For the ambience?

chiefdave

Is that not obvious?

I tell you what. I like my local park, it has a playground for the kids and a nice field to walk the dog round. I'm going to get my local councillor to come round my house and I'm going to offer him a fiver for it. Now do you think I should expect my offer to be discussed in a full council meeting or should I just not pretend to be that stupid. Seriously. What planet are you on.

And again you twist the narrative to suit. Using your example what if the market value was a fiver and you offered a fiver and got told to get lost.

The simple fact is you have no idea what talks took place, as with all of us you can only guess. The difference is whenever someone suggests a possibility that doesn't fit with your narrative you declare it factually incorrect when you have no way of knowing if it is correct or not.

For all we know Sepalla could have offered Lucas £100m at their meeting. You're already admitted that if that wasn't tabled as a formal offer it wouldn't be put to the council so if Sepalla did make a verbal offer and Lucas told her 'no chance in hell' we wouldn't know about it.

italiahorse

Actually if you look at Wasps previous moves the move to the Ricoh is following a very familiar path. And as we know both their previous moves saw them later walk away for a perceived better option.

It's nothing like it.
They were renting and had no access to incomes.

One day you guys will face reality. Sisu fucked us up for good and we will need to rent off Wasps for the foreseeable future.

skybluetony176

And again you twist the narrative to suit. Using your example what if the market value was a fiver and you offered a fiver and got told to get lost.

The simple fact is you have no idea what talks took place, as with all of us you can only guess. The difference is whenever someone suggests a possibility that doesn't fit with your narrative you declare it factually incorrect when you have no way of knowing if it is correct or not.

For all we know Sepalla could have offered Lucas £100m at their meeting. You're already admitted that if that wasn't tabled as a formal offer it wouldn't be put to the council so if Sepalla did make a verbal offer and Lucas told her 'no chance in hell' we wouldn't know about it.

What if the market value was a fiver? Sounds like you're the one changing the narrative Dave not me. "For all we know Sepalla could have offered Lucas £100m at their meeting" you know your scenario was more believable when you suggested the offer was a fiver.

If SISU had have tabled any formal offer we'd have known about it by now.

lordsummerisle

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by italiahorse

They were renting and had no access to incomes.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by italiahorse
we will need to rent off Wasps for the foreseeable future

Six legs good, four legs bad.

italiahorse

What part of in my opinion did you miss?

So in your opinion - if they didn't run away 'crying' why did they go? For the ambience?

Err because in their world they were the only people who could rent the arena and by removing CCFC for a while ACL would fold.
By keeping them away even longer the freehold could have become available.
If they had filled Sixfields ( as TF suggested :) ) it could have worked but they didn't account for fans staying away and ultimately Wasps deciding to move in.

NorthernWisdom

If they had filled Sixfields ( as TF suggested :) ) it could have worked but they didn't account for fans staying away and ultimately Wasps deciding to move in.

The thing is, they'd have always accounted for losses to make their play. Ultimately, we were pretty irrelevant in all that.

And even if there was relevance, then the sale of Wilson and a huge Arsenal attendance would have more than covered them.

But... we've been there, done that. Move on, as you might say ;)

(Remind me what this thread was about?)

italiahorse

What was to stop Sisu buying into ACL at the start and then influence all the rents including CCFC's ?
Even buying the Higgs share back at the agreed price would give them a say on the rent.

Oh yea ... that's what a proper business would do but not a hedge fund.

Grendel

What was to stop Sisu buying into ACL at the start and then influence all the rents including CCFC's ?
Even buying the Higgs share back at the agreed price would give them a say on the rent.

Yet only 3 years ago you fully supported their strategy.

Ian1779

Err because in their world they were the only people who could rent the arena and by removing CCFC for a while ACL would fold.
By keeping them away even longer the freehold could have become available.

They probably didn't account for Wasps you are right. But then who would when the local council went on record countless times claiming how wrong it was for a team to be removed from its home town.

Who knew that whilst the emotional propaganda was being dished out by the council it had secretly begun to begin a process that would sell a home town teams stadium to an out of town franchise.

Ian1779

In 2007 - yes should have happened. By 2009 I would suggest £24m for the F&B revenues alone would be quite the barrier - a fine calculation by a Mr Gidney IIRC.

chiefdave

Really? Buying Higgs share wouldn't give them a controlling interest in ACL and wouldn't give them any say in decisions such as rent. Sure they could have made a suggestion that the rent be lowered but with no controlling share and a lease in place it wouldn't have given them a strong position to push ACL down that route.

Do you think buying a 50% stake in ACL at £10m was fair to the football club given the price Wasps have purchased 100% for with a 200 year lease extension?

cloughie

Really? Buying Higgs share wouldn't give them a controlling interest in ACL and wouldn't give them any say in decisions such as rent. Sure they could have made a suggestion that the rent be lowered but with no controlling share and a lease in place it wouldn't have given them a strong position to push ACL down that route.

Do you think buying a 50% stake in ACL at £10m was fair to the football club given the price Wasps have purchased 100% for with a 200 year lease extension?

one might consider that the value was obviously different at that time ie no rent strike and a high rent paid etc

Grendel

Why does anyone bother arguing with Italia and Tony anymore?

Italia is not stupid. He is just an old ham whose making hay while he can.

Tony is stupid but tries to look clever. He reminds me of Nursey in black adder 2. A sad pathetic figure who craves attention.

Best to put them both on ignore.

italiahorse

Why does anyone bother arguing with Italia and Tony anymore?

Italia is not stupid. He is just an old ham whose making hay while he can.

Tony is stupid but tries to look clever. He reminds me of Nursey in black adder 2. A sad pathetic figure who craves attention.

Best to put them both on ignore.

This board would grind to a halt.
Other than the mutual back slapping by the hair shirt brigade what else would go on?

Users who are viewing this thread