Council announcement today? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

torchomatic

Council agrees multi-million pound bale out of Ricoh Arena

RoboCCFC90

Anyone fancy dumbing that down and explaining exactly what it means for city...

Basically Council have handed over the ACL's repayment money to Yorkshire Bank so now SISU won't be able to bully their way to a smaller rent..

smileycov

Facebook User
It means without the threat of ACL going bust, they can legaly demand the over due rent. If SISU refuse to pay they can force us into Administration.....SISU have had there bluff called!

torchomatic

This will have CJP et al creaming in their pants.

hill83

They shouldn't have made this announcment today. It's -3 degrees outside. Think of the kids.

RoboCCFC90

SISU must accept the offer that was on the table now, yes its not what they wanted but unfortunately taking everything into account regarding the Ricoh, I think its fair..

Mucca Mad Boys

SISU must accept the offer that was on the table now, yes its not what they wanted but unfortunately taking everything into account regarding the Ricoh, I think its fair..

CCFC should hold out for a better deal. Sub 400k I think.

Ashdown1

Whilst we all want lower rent for City, the way the Mayfair scumbags were operating was just plain underhand. I'm glad they are getting a bloody nose ! SISU have the money, I don't doubt it but whether they will pay is another thing. I can see them forcing the council/ACL to take action and kill the club and they will walk away leaving the blame in the West Mids. Those shits only ever came to make a profit on a big slice of CV6, nothing else.

RoboCCFC90

CCFC should hold out for a better deal. Sub 400k I think.

This situation could work both ways tbh either

(a) ACL sticks to it's guns and leaves the rent offer that they supplied on the table, its a good offer for the Ricoh and like its been said we maybe a League One club looking to pay that sort of estimated standard rate but unfortunately the Ricoh is the best ground in League One by some margain.

Or

(b) With ACL's backs now covered they could lower the rent to suit themselves and CCFC, as the council have said they are not looking for a huge lump sum return in payments so ACL probably could afford to take a hit, but taking this approach may make them look like they have been pushed over slightly..

I reckon ACL will go with option (a)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread