Council announcement today? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsccfc

Meetings at 1 and 2 according to that PDF, so either in process or soon to start. Crikey.

ajsccfc

'The councillor would like to confirm to the board that the leaked kit is in fact an amateurish drawing and not the legitimate product'

'Aye, rabble rabble rabble'

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its a council meeting......you know, attended & run by councillors.....

....tea, coffee, donuts and finally an agreement to hold another meeting....

...Thats my prediction.

Its open to the public according the pdf.......anyone nearby the venue fancy popping in ot get the low-down......

...better be quick otherwise the donuts will be gone.

torchomatic

ajsccfc

Someone was saying here that they'd heard rumour of an announcement today, weren't they? It's nice when you get the odd legitimate one.

TheRoyalScam

There is no mention of CCFC/SISU/ACL/Ricoh Stadium in any of the agenda.

The 'rent issue' could be brought up in the cabinet meeting by a member introducing this:

Any other items of public business which the Chair decides to take as a matter
of urgency because of the special circumstances involved.

RoboCCFC90

I wouldn't get my hopes up guys, can't see this being what we all hope for!

ashbyjan

If it isn't announced during the meeting it will be appearing on Telegraph site in next hour. Trust have been informed of news but we have been asked not to give details as the CT have been promised exclusive.

ashbyjan

It is not directly connected to rent agreement or settlement of it but relates more to what OSB speculated ACL might be doing to safeguard their business.

Sky Blues

Loing at the agendas the only item I could even vaguely imagine it appearing under (if it was not bought up as an urgent item) was a private one (i.e. Not discussed in public) about Capital Refinancing. As council finances should normally be open to public discussion (it's public money) the idea of holding that discussion behind closed doors doesn't seem right unless the refinancing had something to do with a commercial enterprise (such as a stadium or football club for example) where commercially sensitive information might be discussed.

But I couldn't figure out how council capital refinancing would fit in with Coventry City. That left me speculating along the lines of: Could the council be about to raise the finances to buy out the Higgs Charity and take the stadium under sole ownership? If so, to what end? To enable it to do a deal with the club? Maybe along similar lines to Donny? Or at the other extreme, to take decisive action to enforce the rent? These are just mental shots in the dark really. Probably won't hit anything with ' em.

Davo

It is not directly connected to rent agreement or settlement of it but relates more to what OSB speculated ACL might be doing to safeguard their business.

Will it be good news for the club, in terms of being able to concentrate on on field matters, or is it neither here nor there?

RoboCCFC90

no and no ;)

How positive are you on this out of 10 if you don't mind me asking?

Just I wouldn't rule anything out at this moment.

torchomatic

ashbyjan

How positive are you on this out of 10 if you don't mind me asking?

Just I wouldn't rule anything out at this moment.

10 As has been stated before Trust have been in communication with all parties and have been told what it is about but we have been asked out of courtesy not to reveal details as CT have been promised exclusive. Its quite frustrating not to be able to say but if we say too much we may not be trusted with information in future.

Bluegloucester

10 As has been stated before Trust have been in communication with all parties and have been told what it is about but we have been asked out of courtesy not to reveal details as CT have been promised exclusive. Its quite frustrating not to be able to say but if we say too much we may not be trusted with information in future.
Ash, when are the CT revealing the Council's announcement?

Sky Blues

Or providing the funds to build a roof on the Ricoh to turn it into a fully-fledged indoor arena should the football club no longer wish to pay to play there? (Shot in the dark #3) :)

Or some similar course of action that allows ACL to make up the loss or revenue streams? It might not actually be intended to happen unless the club is thrown out/pulls out, but be an attempt to show the football club that ACL could survive without it as a tenant.

RoboCCFC90

Nope that's fine I won't hold a gun to your head and ask just yet ;)

torchomatic

torchomatic

Which they wouldn't be able to. White Elephant springs to mind.

but be an attempt to show the football club that ACL could survive without it as a tenant.

RoboCCFC90

Has anyone else got the feeling this is going to be very Anti-Climatic?

lordsummerisle

Or providing the funds to build a roof on the Ricoh to turn it into a fully-fledged indoor arena should the football club no longer wish to pay to play there? (Shot in the dark #3) :)

Or some similar course of action that allows ACL to make up the loss or revenue streams? It might not actually be intended to happen unless the club is thrown out/pulls out, but be an attempt to show the football club that ACL could survive without it as a tenant.

Make it a glass roof and they could market it as a new Eden Project.

Though Eden and Coventry not two words that would normally associate with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread