Council admits Ricoh Arena was not sustainable without CCFC (2 Viewers)

Bennets Afro

Or because two parties were now interested in buying the debt, so YB hung on for the full amount and the council were desperate to pay it maybe to get one up on SISU????

Rusty Trombone

I think they did. That where the £14m mortgage came from wasn't it?

The full amount owed including the hedging arrangement was £19m, they paid £14m incl the hedge. Yes, that's where loan came from. I'm not aware from anywhere that SISU put any bids in (not suggesting they should have done).

Figures from the JR, but a bit too wordy to copy out.

NorthernWisdom

When I read her views on franchise sport, I think she's independent of her own sanity.

What bothers me most is when she became leader, I was pleased. Here's a fan of the club who stood by her principles over King, but still a fan. Here was someone who seemed a lot more approachable than Mutton, whose rhetoric had helped drive a wedge.

The frightening thing, to me, is just how far removed the recent statements have been from that first impression as leader. At least with Mutton, I knew where he stood and there was little doubt over his position. At least he was, dare I say it, 'straight' and I can respect that, even if I disagree or think some things said and done were crazy.

What frustrates more is I think hindsight says I'd rather Mutton had stayed on!

Sky Blue Pete

Such a red herring!!

Sisu are taking our club to bits and spitting it out the other side - they couldn't give a flying toss.

Moff

Oh dear. Is it past your bedtime? Look at the grumpy wee man in the evening.

Dear me Tony, in responding to Sickboy you seem to have missed the irony in your post.

To quote you in post #587, "At least I add points to debate not just insult people I don't agree with. Insults are hardly the height of intellect is it."

skybluetony176

Dear me Tony, in responding to Sickboy you seem to have missed the irony in your post.

To quote you in post #587, "At least I add points to debate not just insult people I don't agree with. Insults are hardly the height of intellect is it."

Sorry. My inner child made me do it.

duffer

Whether the ricoh arena was profitable and whether lucas lied

That's not a red herring Pete, that lie has indirectly lead to Wasps owning the stadium revenues for the next 250 years. At one point it was claimed ACL was making lots of money and there was no pressure to sell to anyone, let alone CCFC, then suddenly it wasn't and the Council had to sell to Wasps.

SISU are indeed terrible owners, but whoever the next owners are they will almost certainly face horrendous problems as the result of this. From what I can see we'll either be stuck in the Ricoh as a tenant with little access to revenues, or be somewhere smaller and further away. Now that FFP is here that's the end of any chance of us getting back to the top table in my lifetime, I'd say.

'Let's talk to Wasps' is the cry from many here. That's a good idea, I'd agree - but realistically what do those suggesting it think that Wasps will want or be able to give us?

Last edited:

shmmeee

That's not a red herring Pete, that lie has indirectly lead to Wasps owning the stadium revenues for the next 250 years. At one point it was claimed ACL was making lots of money and there was no pressure to sell to anyone, let alone CCFC, then suddenly it wasn't and the Council had to sell to Wasps.

SISU are indeed terrible owners, but whoever the next owners are they will almost certainly face horrendous problems as the result of this. From what I can see we'll either be stuck in the Ricoh as a tenant with little access to revenues, or be somewhere smaller and further away. Now that FFP is here that's the end of any chance of us getting back to the top table in my lifetime, I'd say.

'Let's talk to Wasps' is the cry from many here. That's a good idea, I'd agree - but realistically what do those suggesting it think that Wasps will want or be able to give us?

It is a red herring.

The Wasps deal was brought on by Sisu playing silly buggers. Everything else is an attempt to divert attention from where it is deserved.

The owners of our club are responsible for our club. No one else. They chose to break the lease. They chose to spoil relations with the landlord. They chose to say they didn't want to play there any more.

It really is that simple. Sorry to Nick that that doesn't sustain a forum for a couple of years of pointless debate, but that's it. CCFC made a decision, it was a bad one.

Users who are viewing this thread