Council admits Ricoh Arena was not sustainable without CCFC (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

This-Bitch-OMG-GIF.gif

skybluetony176

I'm not surprised. I don't think anyone believed it when it was said so nothing is new and I'm not upset by that.

What I am upset by is describing a team founded in the City as a franchise. She needs pulling up on that.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So, it appears shes either a bare faced liar or incompetent.......or both....

“We said that ACL was profitable without the football club, the accounts show different. I fully accept that. The actual reality of not having the football club there for that year meant ACL couldn’t wash its face.But we never had a problem with the company repaying its loan and they have never come to the council requesting more money. Would they have if we hadn’t sold the company to Wasps? Who knows.”

What's wrong with that statement? Name me one businessperson who's got every projection right. I wish SISU would evidence at least one percent of that honesty and contrition

Covstu

i would say both Jimmy. There was no chance of selling to CCFC so sold the the highest bidder and sod the outcome. Just read the other sotry from Simon about noone turning up to the meeting about cuts accross the city, gotta love our council.

Covstu

“We said that ACL was profitable without the football club, the accounts show different. I fully accept that. The actual reality of not having the football club there for that year meant ACL couldn’t wash its face.But we never had a problem with the company repaying its loan and they have never come to the council requesting more money. Would they have if we hadn’t sold the company to Wasps? Who knows.”

What's wrong with that statement? Name me one businessperson who's got every projection right. I wish SISU would evidence at least one percent of that honesty and contrition

hmm i think there is a marked difference between knowing when a company is profitable or making a £400k loss surely? She was very bullish at the time making these types of statements so did she just accept what someone told her or made it up herself?

Sick Boy

Surprise surprise.

Even now there are those on here still defending the council despite admitting that they lied. Why do these people have such affinity to a council?

Just like the Thorn debacle, the minority have once again been proven to be correct.

skybluebeduff

“Now it’s operating with a double sports franchise. If Wasps weren’t confident they could make it work they would never have bought the company.

So according to Anne we're a franchise? What a c-unit.

Samo

We said that ACL was profitable without the football club, the accounts show different. I fully accept that. The actual reality of not having the football club there for that year meant ACL couldn’t wash its face.But we never had a problem with the company repaying its loan and they have never come to the council requesting more money. Would they have if we hadn’t sold the company to Wasps? Who knows.”

You don't see what is wrong in that?

italiahorse

Surprise surprise.

Even now there are those on here still defending the council despite admitting that they lied. Why do these people have such affinity to a council?

Just like the Thorn debacle, the minority have once again been proven to be correct.

... because we pay rates and they stopped Sisu getting the Ricoh for nothing.
... and Sisu business of getting public assets on the cheap is just wrong.

I understand why some CCFC fans are thinking if Sisu got it for nothing it could benefit CCFC, but rights right and wrongs wrong.

Covstu

fuck me, if Joy come out with a statement like this we would be on page 12 of abuse by now, not 'lets move on'.

italiahorse

“Now it’s operating with a double sports franchise. If Wasps weren’t confident they could make it work they would never have bought the company.

So according to Anne we're a franchise? What a c-unit.

She got that wrong and needs to explain.
Unless she's jumped the gun on CCFC moving to Birmingham and nicking Brum and Villa fans :)

LB87ccfc

Okay. To do what?

I mentioned whilst we was at the cowshed, that the council were going to fuck us over and we needed to take a mass demonstration to them regarding the Ricoh Arena, we only returned by the looks of it because ACL were LOSING money and Lucas has finally admitted they were.

Unfortunately many just said oh be quiet and continued to lick the councils arse.

Then what happens, ah they royally fuck the club over because they did not want to do any business with SISU even when SISU at the 11th Hour mind you came begging and offered more.

AndreasB

Sold the citys football club down the the river on a lie...thats Anns legacy.

Otis

They are all a bunch of tossers and do we expect our council to be anything but incompetent given the City's history of messing everything up?

Sisu are tossers, the council are tossers.

It's just degrees of tossiness that's all.

Ashdown

This is not meant to be a comparison between SISU and the council in levels of integrity or culpability. We all know that the hedge fund are ultimately responsible for the demise of the football club but what this does is give credence to those who think that the sale of the Ricoh elsewhere was done so in a rush and out of spite ! Ann Lucas and her cronies have stitched up local sports fans to satisfy her own lust for power and revenge !

italiahorse

This is not meant to be a comparison between SISU and the council in levels of integrity or culpability. We all know that the hedge fund are ultimately responsible for the demise of the football club but what this does is give credence to those who think that the sale of the Ricoh elsewhere was done so in a rush and out of spite ! Ann Lucas and her cronies have stitched up local sports fans to satisfy her own lust for power and revenge !

What do you think would have happened if Wasps had not taken over the Ricoh ?
Do you believe with Wasps gone that Sisu would have purchased at the same price or do you think Sisu would drive the value down to zero ?

SkyBlueScottie

The arrogance of her statement astounds me...

" we said that ACL was profitable without the Football club. The Accounts show different. I fully accept that"

all thats missing from there is a "and, so what"

lordsummerisle

She added: “It’s a very profitable enterprise. We wouldn’t have bought the loan if we thought it would be money at risk.”

So by buying the loan with it not being a profitable enterprise at all put the money at risk?

Ashdown

What do you think would have happened if Wasps had not taken over the Ricoh ?
Do you believe with Wasps gone that Sisu would have purchased at the same price or do you think Sisu would drive the value down to zero ?

Err no idea ! We'll never know either !

italiahorse

But it's fine that your beloved Wasps now own it is it??

I never said that.
It was the best of the 2 poor options available to the Council.
I would also say that the Wasps option was known whilst the Sisu options were unknown (Discounting the new stadium when I say that)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread