Corporate Season tickets/Executive boxes (2 Viewers)

GIMOC

Almost every single box is not renewing. Even the surprise shirts lot are backing out. Let’s hope the waiting list are happy to pay for the increase

djr8369

Doug’s rightly putting a premium on the product - it’s still up to him to provide a reason for a premium product.

acting like a top 6 club off the field and promising a top 6 club 3/5 seasons needs to be backed up on the pitch
Cast your mind back a few weeks and try to recall where we finished last season.

pusbccfc

djr8369

Almost every single box is not renewing. Even the surprise shirts lot are backing out. Let’s hope the waiting list are happy to pay for the increase
I don’t get why you’re so invested in it to be honest. If they don’t sell I’m sure they’ll reduce the prices next season.

theferret

What has "Internationally recognised" got to do with it? A mildly successful firm in Coventry would take one of these at this price, use it for commercial purposes, entertaining suppliers/new clients etc. include the odd employee... it's almost like Doug is aiming it at this scenario and not, as many have put it, a gang of mates wanting their own toilet.

No company, outside of marquee club sponsors, gets a box at a Championship club and uses it for commercial reasons expecting it to yield a return. I worked for two companies who had a box in the early Ricoh years. Almost never invited a client. It was nothing more that a perk, a treat for the company owners who were city fans. For one it was more of a vanity exercise to be honest. These corporate boxes never get close to paying for themselves.

At 25K you might be testing the loyalty of these smaller local businesses. But, perhaps the boxes will fill at the higher price and it's a case of tough shit for those who cannot afford it. We'll see.

SAJ

that’s where the issue lies for many. when you think of corporate you think VIP treatment but it’s certainly not what you call first class service. You pay for what you get and the price does not reflect the service
Norwich same price and it’s a hotel room

GIMOC

I don’t get why you’re so invested in it to be honest. If they don’t sell I’m sure they’ll reduce the prices next season.

because if you know how football works. it’s all about momentum. When you start upsetting fans then it back fires. King has had an easy ride thus far. let’s hope in 2 months we have a product on the pitch to reflect the price increase. otherwise unrest will begin again and we know how that plays out.

djr8369

because if you know how football works. it’s all about momentum. When you start upsetting fans then it back fires. King has had an easy ride thus far. let’s hope in 2 months we have a product on the pitch to reflect the price increase. otherwise unrest will begin again and we know how that plays out.
The club loses money.

pusbccfc

well let’s hope bigger companies come in then

I'm very confident mate if I'm honest. The interesting thing for me is what current boxes holders choose to do. Whether to move to the general seating or to fill the lounges and new Mill package.

SAJ

isn’t what happens on the pitch the priority? it’s what gets bums on seats. Not a nice pitch. King needs to invest in the squad otherwise the honeymoon period will soon be over for him.
It may well be the priority but if you want to attract better quality players sponsorship etc you have to look at the whole business model.

GIMOC

I'm very confident mate if I'm honest. The interesting thing for me is what current boxes holders choose to do. Whether to move to the general seating or to fill the lounges and new Mill package.

I won’t be so sure. Genuinely hope I’m wrong and we get a lot more income which will boost the transfer kitty. you’ll no doubt see a few move into the cheaper option but even then, many who used to take kids in those lounges will no longer be able to with no concessions

GIMOC

It may well be the priority but if you want to attract better quality players sponsorship etc you have to look at the whole business model.

agree but that doesn’t happen overnight. one bad season which is possible then it comes back to haunt us.

skyblu3sk

I will. I’m reading the room and it’s very similar to how the reaction was for season ticket prices and look what happened there. As I’ve stated, I’ve spoken to several people who had boxes and non are renewing. Time will tell
The reaction on the season tickets was people complained then we nearly sold as many in a few weeks to date as we did all last season?

djr8369

agree but that doesn’t happen overnight. one bad season which is possible then it comes back to haunt us.
Should we keep everything at league 2 prices in case we end up back there?

I don’t really understand your perspective. Yes, hypothetically we could have a poor season but the stadium could also be destroyed by a meteorite.

SBAndy

As a now definitive ex-boxholder, I do get the point that prices had to go up. Expected them to be around double if I’m honest, which would have been ballpark £15k+VAT. It’s a colossal jump and I think it’d have worked better to split it over 2 seasons. The challenge they now have is that ‘if’ they don’t sell well there is a huge range of where the optimal price-point sits. Hope they manage to sell them at the inflated price. Not ideal that Premier League package is now closed as well (not that I was taking it up anyway).

skyblu3sk

Should we keep everything at league 2 prices in case we end up back there?

I don’t really understand your perspective. Yes, hypothetically we could have a poor season but the stadium could also be destroyed by a meteorite.
It'd such a daft take isn't it. Even if the club break even on the boxes and have some spare they can offer single match packages at a premium rather than underselling them to fill them. Will make the whole experience more exclusive.

Perryccfc

I won’t be so sure. Genuinely hope I’m wrong and we get a lot more income which will boost the transfer kitty. you’ll no doubt see a few move into the cheaper option but even then, many who used to take kids in those lounges will no longer be able to with no concessions
You mean those who paid league 2 prices to take the family to see top end championship football will no longer do it because our club is finally being run properly and they’re throwing their dummies out??? Fucking GOOD!

djr8369

It'd such a daft take isn't it. Even if the club break even on the boxes and have some spare they can offer single match packages at a premium rather than underselling them to fill them. Will make the whole experience more exclusive.
Good shout. Most likely none will go empty.

wingy

You mean those who paid league 2 prices to take the family to see top end championship football will no longer do it because our club is finally being run properly and they’re throwing their dummies out??? Fucking GOOD!
Didn't you actually get the family zone?

The subject is always going to be divisive because it involves money, the root of all evil as the saying goes. But to put some perspective on it last season I was more than happy to pay £150 each for my two grandchildren's season tickets. They have increased the price by 550% for each of their season tickets !! £300 has now become £1650, understandable people have an opinion don’t you think 😉

slowpoke

As a now definitive ex-boxholder, I do get the point that prices had to go up. Expected them to be around double if I’m honest, which would have been ballpark £15k+VAT. It’s a colossal jump and I think it’d have worked better to split it over 2 seasons. The challenge they now have is that ‘if’ they don’t sell well there is a huge range of where the optimal price-point sits. Hope they manage to sell them at the inflated price. Not ideal that Premier League package is now closed as well (not that I was taking it up anyway).
I think King is confident he will sell them, he will have put the feelers out I’m sure.

Perryccfc

The subject is always going to be divisive because it involves money, the root of all evil as the saying goes. But to put some perspective on it last season I was more than happy to pay £150 each for my two grandchildren's season tickets. They have increased the price by 550% for each of their season tickets !! £300 has now become £1650, understandable people have an opinion don’t you think 😉
£300 for season tickets in a box? I have an opinion on that!

PVA

The corporate experience is fine if you know what you're getting.

If you go in expecting 5* luxury treatment then yeah you're going to be disappointed

Users who are viewing this thread