Corporate Season tickets/Executive boxes (1 Viewer)

theferret

Prices were clearly too low, but the price hikes could have been staggered over a couple of seasons. As has been stated, the facilities are shite and why have these prices been delayed beyond the point that people could have bought a PL package instead?

I know some people come out in a rash when anyone criticises the club and loads of 'I'm alright jack' replies here, but this hasn't been handled well.

I very much doubt those on the waiting list when boxes were 9K will be falling over themselves to get one at 25K. We'll see though.

pusbccfc

This view for me is a worry. The idea that we keep the likes of Hamer because we've sold more season tickets or have expensive boxes doesn't really correlate.

The investment in the club is clear as day at the moment. New pitches, new media team etc. He's building the club up from the bottom, not just throwing money at players.

GIMOC

This view for me is a worry. The idea that we keep the likes of Hamer because we've sold more season tickets or have expensive boxes doesn't really correlate.

The investment in the club is clear as day at the moment. New pitches, new media team etc. He's building the club up from the bottom, not just throwing money at players.

isn’t what happens on the pitch the priority? it’s what gets bums on seats. Not a nice pitch. King needs to invest in the squad otherwise the honeymoon period will soon be over for him.

pusbccfc

you’ll be surprised. There won’t be the uptake you think. mark my words

We're a Championship club with big sponsors. They'll go very quickly.

The issue we've had in recent years is a lack of supply for these companies. The everyday fans with a few extra quid and some very small companies have had them since League 2 and therefore there was no space for the big businesses to return since our successes.

Fraser's, CBS, Jaguar and co would snap them up quickly.

£25k for big boys like that is absolutely nothing.

slowpoke

I don't mind John and have defended him loads on here but that's a fucking wanky tweet
Ain’t interested what this Dawkins bloke says, he had his name in the frame regards take over interest and it didn’t happen, now seems to have become a bit of a belly-acher.

RoboCCFC90

isn’t what happens on the pitch the priority? it’s what gets bums on seats. Not a nice pitch. King needs to invest in the squad otherwise the honeymoon period will soon be over for him.

Sorry GIMOC I don't agree here.

Investing in the infrastructure is hugely important for the club, the staff at the club have been working at a disadvantage for years under SISU.

As fans we cannot keep expecting owners to finance transfers. If/when Gyokeres is sold we will have plenty of funds to reinvest in the squad anyways!

pusbccfc

The club has been a basket case in recent times despite the progression on the pitch.

The ticket office, marketing team, stadium operations, safeguarding etc is so amateur compared to others at this level. We've got arguably the worst training ground in the league.

What happens on the pitch is important, but the club needs to develop as a club more holistically.

GIMOC

Sorry GIMOC I don't agree here.

Investing in the infrastructure is hugely important for the club, the staff at the club have been working at a disadvantage for years under SISU.

As fans we cannot keep expecting owners to finance transfers. If/when Gyokeres is sold we will have plenty of funds to reinvest in the squad anyways!
Football fans are fickle bunch. we had a great season just gone and that’s meant an uptake in season tickets. However if we fall away next season so will ticket sales. What happens on the pitch ultimately equals to what gates are. yes I agree infrastructure is required but a new pitch doesn’t mean fans will come in their droves if we bottom half.

MalcSB

The underlying price increase for Club Coventry isn’t too bad, but the effect is compounded by a lack of early bird discount. This would result in a 28.5% increase for me, so I’m out.

mark82

Fans need something to get them excited. Ultimately the product is what is on the pitch.

RoboCCFC90

Football fans are fickle bunch. we had a great season just gone and that’s meant an uptake in season tickets. However if we fall away next season so will ticket sales. What happens on the pitch ultimately equals to what gates are. yes I agree infrastructure is required but a new pitch doesn’t mean fans will come in their droves if we bottom half.

Expectations this season have to be realistic, things are likely to be very different, potentially our two best players could be sold, normally you would say that's fine, bring in like for like, but replacing Gyok and Hamer could prove to be a very difficult task.

Just because we finished in the playoffs last season does not guarantee a pass to be competitive or repeat next season, especially if we lose one or two of the aforementioned players.

Bringing it back around to the topic in hand, yes we need to make sure there are adequate funds to bring in new players, but with players leaving + potential funds to reinvest from player sales it should be enough.

If it was a possibility I would rather Doug King keep the funds to grow the infrastructure and keep us financially sound with the HMRC, etc.

Sizzler

So you think every box now will be filled by internationally recognised companies?

What has "Internationally recognised" got to do with it? A mildly successful firm in Coventry would take one of these at this price, use it for commercial purposes, entertaining suppliers/new clients etc. include the odd employee... it's almost like Doug is aiming it at this scenario and not, as many have put it, a gang of mates wanting their own toilet.

AFCCOVENTRY

I’m sorry but ignore Dawkins. He like to stir the pot a bit.

Doug knew very well when he purchased the club that the biggest issue is revenue streams.

There’s no point in him thinking about past emotions, such as this was the price in L2 and fans have visited various stadiums that weren’t our real home. So the club owed us for 50 years.

He needs to run a successful business so the club makes the money to be self sufficient and profitable. Plus remember, spending caps and spend on players etc is linked to turnover.

He’s a connected guy and I’m sure we will see a good uptake. Just like we should see with the shirt sponsorship.

Robinshio

12 seats on half way line = 6k (season ticket price)
12 programmes per game = 1k
12 * food and drink - say 4k (£15 per game)

so you are paying 2 x a season ticket price - is that really unreasonable ?

pusbccfc

Fans need something to get them excited. Ultimately the product is what is on the pitch.

Absolutely, but longer term we need to develop in many areas which can help put bums on seats. It's hard to develop the product if the training ground is non-league, the pitch is rubbish.

All the problems are solved over night with promotion to the PL but we haven't and may not get that for a while. Therefore we need to develop the club as a whole to ensure it's a well run Championship club.

pusbccfc

12 seats on half way line = 6k (season ticket price)
12 programmes per game = 1k
12 * food and drink - say 4k (£15 per game)

so you are paying 2 x a season ticket price - is that really unreasonable ?

Plus 3 car parking spaces which would otherwise add up to £690 for the season.

GIMOC

What has "Internationally recognised" got to do with it? A mildly successful firm in Coventry would take one of these at this price, use it for commercial purposes, entertaining suppliers/new clients etc. include the odd employee... it's almost like Doug is aiming it at this scenario and not, as many have put it, a gang of mates wanting their own toilet.

because someone further up said that’s who we’re aiming for.

shmmeee

We do need players though.

djr8369

I don’t get it really. A few thousand extra here and there is going to tempt Zlatan out of retirement it’s going to help plug the annual losses, hire a few extra much needed staff in key areas, redecorate changing rooms etc.

All these people saying it needs to translate to investment on the pitch are either wilfully ignorant and desperate to moan or just daft, IMO. If there is a bit extra for wages then great but don’t set yourself up to be frustrated if there isn’t.

skyblueinswansea

Doug is a successful businessman, there is no way he has just plucked a figure from the sky. He will know the value of the boxes and what he is able to sell it for.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don’t get it really. A few thousand extra here and there is going to tempt Zlatan out of retirement it’s going to help plug the annual losses, hire a few extra much needed staff in key areas, redecorate changing rooms etc.

All these people saying it needs to translate to investment on the pitch are either wilfully ignorant and desperate to moan or just daft, IMO. If there is a bit extra for wages then great but don’t set yourself up to be frustrated if there isn’t.
Doug’s rightly putting a premium on the product - it’s still up to him to provide a reason for a premium product.

acting like a top 6 club off the field and promising a top 6 club 3/5 seasons needs to be backed up on the pitch

long way home

Theses tickets will sell out and although i feel for those who cant now get these tickets. I don't think the club can carry on not maximizing income potential or having abuse of tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread