Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Well I’m still coughing my guts up now three weeks solid. Still not sure if it was corona or something else. Feel like this is my life now, I’ll never fill my lungs again.

Sorry to hear it’s hitting you hard fellatio, look after yourself.

clint van damme

Thanks for asking.

She's still suffering with the persistent cough and it's got so bad at points today that she was vomiting because of it. I have zero energy, a constant headache, my eyes are really sensitive, an old football injury in my neck is now killing me from out of nowhere and I'm coughing. I also go from shivering to boiling constantly. We're sleeping on and off but the sleep is terrible quality so it's no relief.

It's a nightmare. I honestly didn't think it would have hit me so hard.

Sounds horrendous. How long has this been going on now?

Mcbean

Not good to hear at all - thoughts are with all of you and your families to get your health back - there are still a lot of colds and flu going about , both my wife and I have had stuff since Xmas making us feel pretty grim at times but it has gone just about - keep your cleanliness up around the house and any others you are close to - check the government website - stay positive - you can beat it - there are 7000 of us on here rooting for everyone to come though safely

fellatio_Martinez

Sounds horrendous. How long has this been going on now?

We started getting symptoms last Tuesday but they were fairly mild. Since the weekend it's ramped up and has pretty much made us bed bound. Even
walking to the toilet is a task. My legs feel really heavy like when you get out of a swimming pool.

One of her colleagues has tested positive for COVID and she last saw him the Friday before we got sick.

wingy

We started getting symptoms last Tuesday but they were fairly mild. Since the weekend it's ramped up and has pretty much made us bed bound. Even
walking to the toilet is a task. My legs feel really heavy like when you get out of a swimming pool.

One of her colleagues has tested positive for COVID and she last saw him the Friday before we got sick.
Hope you both are over it soon FM

bezzer

Been handed a letter at work. Explains how I am a key worker. Been told to keep it in my car as a few of us have been pulled commuting for work. Shows the police are doing as instructed.

And on another note the wife informed me that lockdown has been extended for another 15 days in France today. They are now officially in lockdown until April 15th.

Same here regarding the letter, which was handy as I was stopped on my way home from work an hour ago! Police pulling cars over on the road out of Leamington towards Radford Semele.

shmmeee

isn't this the first day they've included deaths outside of hospitals hence the spike?

FFS first the timing change now a methodology change. Give the geeks a break!

Edit: maybe not - “NHS England said those who died were all in hospital and their ages ranged from 19 to 98.”

clint van damme

It is but even if the outside hospital deaths are included (which i can see shmmeee says not) they only added another 23% on to the total. Today's rise compared with yesterday is 100%+ in England

so still a fairly drastic increase.
Bad news after 3 days of reductions.

clint van damme

they really need to step up this testing, get a more accurate picture of who's definitely got it and who's had it.
We were told yesterday the infection spread was slowing but it would be god to get some decent data behind that.

Gazolba

Oh yeah that’s obvious, but the idea that so many people have had mild symptoms for months and yet the first death only occurred recently just doesn’t add up.
Of course it adds up.
People get colds and flu in the winter all the time.
I've had a cold myself for weeks.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Of course it adds up.
People get colds and flu in the winter all the time.
I've had a cold myself for weeks.
I think the two of you are arguing on the same side, and maybe misinterpreting the other's answers due to the time that has elapsed since @shmmeee was arguing with @Ring Of Steel
The point is about the conspiracy theory and whether it adds up that Covid-19 has been in circulation in the UK since Christmas. But all the "mild symptoms" that people have been experiencing up until the first positive test was recorded in UK on 31st January were MOST LIKELY to be cold and flu, NOT just mild Covid-19. Incidentally, PHE are currently considering whether some of the Covid-19 deaths may be co-morbidity with severe influenza infections, which have been VERY low this winter.

Marty

Just had a call of my boss, they have reclassified my job as business critical, got to go back in next week Wednesday. Ain't gonna lie, proper gutted. Suppose I still have a job though, that's the main thing.

Ricketts

FM, just adding my best wishes to you and your missus.

How long was it before you had symptons after you think you may of got infected? Any idea how you think the virus got passed? Was she close to her colleague?

Good luck.

Nick

Administrator
Just had a call of my boss, they have reclassified my job as business critical, got to go back in next week Wednesday. Ain't gonna lie, proper gutted. Suppose I still have a job though, that's the main thing.
I prefer to be working through this to be honest. I couldn't deal with doing nothing and feeling unneeded at work.

dutchman

Anyone here ever had norovirus?

I've had it twice! The second time was not nearly as bad as the first but still pretty bad. You really know when you've got it, there's no mistaking it for anything else. I *think* I'm resistant now but wouldn't swear to it.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Anyone here ever had norovirus?

I've had it twice! The second time was not nearly as bad as the first but still pretty bad. You really know when you've got it, there's no mistaking it for anything else. I *think* I'm resistant now but wouldn't swear to it.
Worked at a school a couple of months ago and they had to close two classes due to it ,

SkyBlueDom26

Lucky mate that your going back to work! Im getting more depressed by the day sitting in with fuck all to do its horrible

Marty

Just had work cancelled for next week, they've decided that due to the high number of deaths yesterday that it's not worth the risk. Back to twiddling my thumbs.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’ve spent my time writing a detective series set in Holland called clever clogs

Users who are viewing this thread