Coronavirus (3 Viewers)

Sick Boy

I'm really pissed off with our MD, we drew up a plan on Thursday to start working at home from Monday, however yesterday it was overruled by the MD and has told people to continue to come into work, he keeps saying this isn't a holiday.
That's a joke and a massively outdated opinion, if he doesn't trust his staff he shouldn't be an MD. It is the same at my work, we are being forced to use half a day annual leave everyday at the moment because i think the boss doesn't trust people to work from home. It is actually illegal as well, so going to be interesting what happens over the coming week or two.

Liquid Gold

I'm really pissed off with our MD, we drew up a plan on Thursday to start working at home from Monday, however yesterday it was overruled by the MD and has told people to continue to come into work, he keeps saying this isn't a holiday.
If people die from this then that MD should be held accountable and put on trial for manslaughter. Get that in the daily briefing and I’m sure all Jon essential staff will be home before you can say ‘shitting bricks’.

OffenhamSkyBlue

If people die from this then that MD should be held accountable and put on trial for manslaughter. Get that in the daily briefing and I’m sure all Jon essential staff will be home before you can say ‘shitting bricks’.
It's contrary to direct government advice, so if you chose to work from home (and had evidence that you were achieving as much), i suspect i know whose side a tribunal might be on!

PS, Your MD's a c**t!

Marty

Anybody else getting paranoid? I have a bottle of Dettol at the front, as soon as I get in I wash my hand then go round with a bottle of Dettol to disinfect the surfaces I've touched between entering and washing hands.

Ian1779

Anybody else getting paranoid? I have a bottle of Dettol at the front, as soon as I get in I wash my hand then go round with a bottle of Dettol to disinfect the surfaces I've touched between entering and washing hands.

I wouldn’t say paranoid - but I’ve never been so aware of how much I touch my face generally without even thinking about it.

I think when this is over we’ll all be far more aware of the principal of hygiene - might help us ward off general illness more frequently.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I keep seeing people shaking hands and greeting each other with hugs on TV , programmes obviously made before all this kicked off. It seems weird. I keep thinking "Nooooo ! "

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The krautz have now banned groups of more than two.
You're fucked if you're a single parent needing to go to the shops with two young kids.

Flying Fokker

My greedy elderly neighbour has clearly been stockpiling since she self isolated two weeks ago.
There’s now 12 bottles of milk on her doorstep that she hasn’t even bothered to bring in.
Strangely enough, my milkman was talking about this the other day. He might just knock her up.

skybluesam66

Swine flu - Just read that between 11-21% of the worlds population contracted this
up to 575k deaths
I dont remember anything of that really - no panic, nothing
are we really going to get that many cases or that many deaths this time ? if not what is different

Not trying to be dismissive now, genuinely interested as why I do not remember any panic in 2009

Sky Blue Pete

Swine flu - Just read that between 11-21% of the worlds population contracted this
up to 575k deaths
are we really going to get that many cases or that many deaths this time ? if not what is different

Not trying to be dismissive now, genuinely interested as why I do not remember any panic in 2009
It’s a ploy to bring in a totalitarian regime across the world to order everyone about

dutchman

up to 575k deaths
are we really going to get that many cases or that many deaths this time ?

Yes. My cousin is currently in Cape Town South Africa. He tells me that a huge percentage of the population there is already HIV-positive and others have TB. They have no chance of surviving. I heard a story that one couple there ran out of a hospital after they tested positive for corona as they couldn't possibly pay the medical bills.

Users who are viewing this thread