Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (91 Viewers)

clint van damme

Heart breaking report on central news of a mother and daughter who spent 7 weeks on a covid ward. The mother dies and the daughter still walking round with an oxygen pack.
Both caught it off th is son/grandson who brought it home from school.

David O'Day

Interesting one now for Scotland!
Having gone 19 points behind Rangers, the Celtic squad are now basking in Dubai. Mrs Crankie has banned all travel into and out of Scotland, Will they be stranded over there or have to isolate for 14 days when they return. Let's see who the "rules" apply to.

Isn't it the mid season winter break

Ian1779

Pretty sure the majority want to send their kids to school , my wife is a headteacher and sent out an email today asking for a list of critical workers .. last lockdown they had 12 kids at most .. so far today 80+ replies and growing saying that that are critical workers and that their children need to attend school if there is a lockdown
I think there will be massive fluctuations around the country. Our vulnerable/key worker provision identified 140 kids whose parents told us in early December they'd access the provision. By the end of today it has dropped to under 50 - which in truth was more than in March.
Fear of the new strain, more people being able to WFH - a combination of those and other factors (such as what Boris has to say at 8) will no doubt change the numbers again.

skybluetony176

Heart breaking report on central news of a mother and daughter who spent 7 weeks on a covid ward. The mother dies and the daughter still walking round with an oxygen pack.
Both caught it off th is son/grandson who brought it home from school.
Think they covered the same story on BBC 6 o’clock news. Like you say, heartbreaking.

skyblueusername

Interesting one now for Scotland!
Having gone 19 points behind Rangers, the Celtic squad are now basking in Dubai. Mrs Crankie has banned all travel into and out of Scotland, Will they be stranded over there or have to isolate for 14 days when they return. Let's see who the "rules" apply to.
Leave them there, tell them to apply to join the Dubai football league. Good riddance.

Nick

Administrator
I'm at work tomorrow as usual. There's not really that much difference to be honest.

Waiting to here about provisions at the school.

skyblueusername

I'm at work tomorrow as usual. There's not really that much difference to be honest.

Waiting to here about provisions at the school.
Im on the dole tomorrow, as usuall, since october. No WFH or furlough money for me. £74 a week torwards mortgage, gas, electric, food etc.
But no worries, Joe fukin wicks will spur me on.....now im not allowed/afford to go the fukin gym.

chiefdave

These vaccine manufacturers should really speak to Johnson as he seems to know more about how vaccines work than they do.
BBC said:
Vaccine manufacturers BioNTech and Pfizer have warned there is no evidence that their injection will offer protection against developing Covid-19 if the second dose is given later than was tested during clinical trials.

“The safety and efficacy of the vaccine has not been evaluated on different dosing schedules," the companies said in a statement on Monday. “There is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days.”

The two jabs are designed to be given three weeks apart, with full immunity only developing after the second dose.

chiefdave

Which is why you didn't need to be a scientist to know that tier 2 there was insane.
The scientists did know that, they said it at the time.
Professor Whitty also warned that only the harshest tier 3 regime would cut infections, with tier 2 only strong enough to “hold the line”.
And of course that assumes people in tier 2 are sticking to the rules. Did the pictures being shared on social media of people in London shopping and in bars & restaurants give any indication people were doing as they were told or anything was being done when they weren't?

chiefdave

I'm watching the football, what is actually changing on a practical level given we're already in tier 4 and supposed to be staying at home unless you can't WFH?

skybluetony176

I see we’re back to comparing ourselves to the rest of Europe again. Hopefully it doesn’t backfire again.
Setting targets again but hopefully this time it’s going to be in the hands of the NHS to deliver and not the Tories profiteering mates so the chance of vaccinating the four most vulnerable groups by the middle of February is doable.

skyblue1991

Not much has changed between Tier 4, other than schools closing from what I can see.

Wheres the enforcement? This is going to go on longer than the Feb half term....

Users who are viewing this thread