Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (25 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Way too early to be talking about the next election - loads can happen in that time. Most of the shit they've done this far will be long forgotten by then.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So one company could supply 500k gowns per week and it already had the accreditation, one company could supply 40k per week with no accreditation.

Obviously they’re going to focus on the former ffs. Ridiculous one-sidedness like this that just takes credibility away from labour

Why did it have the accreditation? Because it was given it by those in govt. How else would a new start up with zero experience have the accreditation?

Also it SAID it could supply 500k - no proof it could actually do it because, as I say, it had no previous experience. Perhaps the 40k was mooted because the one who'd been in the industry for ages knew this was a realistic figure? Remember the shiploads of millions of PPE on the way from Turkey that wasn't? And when it actually arrived it was unusable because it didn't meet standards?

They chose that company for one reason and one reason alone - it was linked to a Tory grandee.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s pretty clear Brexit is a massive fuck up and the Tories own that start to finish from the fact we had a referendum in the first place, the Tories were very much the face of the official leave campaign and then Tories decided what Brexit actually was in the end. That issue alone could do enough damage to the Tories. Before you even get onto the Covid mishandling, jobs for the boys etc etc.

Labour is smaller than the Tories not only in England but Scotland as well. It seems insurmountable to be honest

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

labour don’t offer any alternative to how it’s being handled

Starmer is being far too quiet on the situation and how it's being milked for personal profit by the Tories.

But how are Labour supposed to offer alternatives when the govt are trying to deny even their backbenchers a say in parliament with a massive majority? And that's after they purged anyone remotely moderate and sensible at the last election. They filled their ranks with nutcases and bootlickers and STILL aren't confident enough that they'll support what they're doing! Ministers are acting like feudal landlords and absolute monarchs.

Brighton Sky Blue

By getting more votes which polling says could happen in 4 years when the election is. Most of the "Red Wall" will return as well.

It was only this year you were saying Trump was deffo going to win what with it virtually impossible for him to now.

I was saying that before COVID and I was right to do so.

skybluetony176

Labour is smaller than the Tories not only in England but Scotland as well. It seems insurmountable to be honest
Both have shrunk in Scotland, conservative lost more votes though. They’ve both got a mountain to climb in Scotland, I doubt Scotland is going to be an election winner for either party to be honest.

Brighton Sky Blue

Both have shrunk in Scotland, conservative lost more votes though. They’ve both got a mountain to climb in Scotland, I doubt Scotland is going to be an election winner for either party to be honest.

It’s more that previously Labour could always rely on 40 there off the bat

Kieranp96

Lowest employment? I presume you mean unemployment, but I don't know about that one, give us the figures. Less homeless, obviously bullshit. Walk around town and you'll know that's false. Highest benefits, people actually committed suicide after the introduction of the bedroom tax. More support, why the rise in food banks then?
Climbed out of recession, fantastic. Shame about all the public services that got the hatchet along the way. The deepest cuts: austerity measured

Got Brexit done, Johnson has had to break the law over his oven ready deal that was a load of shite, still no deal in place. Still, people gobbled up his bullshit because blue passports etc.

In short, I'm not convinced.
Less homeless out there past few years than there was when I was a kid, and yea I meant unemployment props he hasn't lived up toe veeythijg but again I would rather Boris Johnson the clown over Jeremy corby the clown, as I see it Conservatives are more like the old Labour than Labour itself, obviously people disagree with me because that's their agenda, but I'm be voting for what ever benifits me and the cou try and in the last ge that was Conservatives.

Skybluefaz

Less homeless out there past few years than there was when I was a kid, and yea I meant unemployment props he hasn't lived up toe veeythijg but again I would rather Boris Johnson the clown over Jeremy corby the clown, as I see it Conservatives are more like the old Labour than Labour itself, obviously people disagree with me because that's their agenda, but I'm be voting for what ever benifits me and the cou try and in the last ge that was Conservatives.
Cool, I think if you come back with some evidence for what you say re the homeless I'm more likely to be convinced. Before every election I always do the anonymous policy check and it always backs up my thoughts. I'm working class and I don't recall any time that a tory manifesto has ever convinced me that it will help people like me.

NorthernWisdom

Thank god
Not going into opinions on this thread (plenty of others I can do that ;)) but, although Johnson's rather Liberal (and would probably have been part of their party when they were competing for power) and not necessarily small state, it's pretty bonkers to suggest the party he's in control of, and him for that matter, is anywhere near an old Labour economic angle!

Kieranp96

Cool, I think if you come back with some evidence for what you say re the homeless I'm more likely to be convinced. Before every election I always do the anonymous policy check and it always backs up my thoughts. I'm working class and I don't recall any time that a tory manifesto has ever convinced me that it will help people like me.
Will hold my hands up and say I was wrong on the homeless part, I was going of what I see rather than looking up facts.

skybluetony176

165% increase

skybluetony176

And scroll down a bit I said I hold my hand sup and I was goi g of what I see compared to actually looking at the statistics.
TBF you did but TBF I don’t think any of your other claims stack up including employment rate as it’s swelled by people on zero hours contracts. Benefits, you’ve clearly missed the universal credit fiasco. Food banks. Inequality gap has grown. The debt has grown. The NHS is neglected etc. etc.

Kieranp96

TBF you did but TBF I don’t think any of your other claims stack up including employment rate as it’s swelled by people on zero hours contracts. Benefits, you’ve clearly missed the universal credit fiasco. Food banks. Inequality gap has grown. The debt has grown. The NHS is neglected etc. etc.
They class universal credit as employed?

robbiekeane

This is your first time on Bill Estersons Twitter feed I see. You’re coming off a bit unbalanced unless you’ve literally never seen a politician on Twitter before. Shall I drag up Nadine Dorries or any of the mental new intake ranting about Marxism?
I actually meant this thread on this forum

robbiekeane

Why did it have the accreditation? Because it was given it by those in govt. How else would a new start up with zero experience have the accreditation?

Also it SAID it could supply 500k - no proof it could actually do it because, as I say, it had no previous experience. Perhaps the 40k was mooted because the one who'd been in the industry for ages knew this was a realistic figure? Remember the shiploads of millions of PPE on the way from Turkey that wasn't? And when it actually arrived it was unusable because it didn't meet standards?

They chose that company for one reason and one reason alone - it was linked to a Tory grandee.
The point you’re asking all of these as questions is exactly the point - there are lots of of variables but most likely they were just more likely to deliver to scale so they went with them.

Re the accreditation, I doubt the company set up was actually manufacturing anything obviously, it would be set up quickly because it’s just an import company and there was a contact abroad and the producer abroad already has the accreditation. I imagine there is an audit process and it’s done on a set cadence and the producer had it.

Still, don’t let any common sense get in the way of a good old blind Tory bashing.

Life must actually be a lot easier when everything that goes wrong is the fault of one big nasty pantomime villain. Easy way to get to equilibrium in people’s heads I guess

David O'Day

The point you’re asking all of these as questions is exactly the point - there are lots of of variables but most likely they were just more likely to deliver to scale so they went with them.

Re the accreditation, I doubt the company set up was actually manufacturing anything obviously, it would be set up quickly because it’s just an import company and there was a contact abroad and the producer abroad already has the accreditation. I imagine there is an audit process and it’s done on a set cadence and the producer had it.

Still, don’t let any common sense get in the way of a good old blind Tory bashing.

Life must actually be a lot easier when everything that goes wrong is the fault of one big nasty pantomime villain. Easy way to get to equilibrium in people’s heads I guess

Got any evidence to back up what you say? No thought not

Fuck you usually talk shit but you are on overdrive this week

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Thank god

Yeah lets just perpetually go for the tried-and-trusted deregulation allowing the traders to get greedy, leading to high but unsustainable growth built on a foundation of sand. Inevitably that situation will eventually cause a recession, which they bring in austerity to deal with, slashing budgets and services. Take the support from those most in need and not responsible for the problems in the first place. But when it comes to elections it's "look at this big growth we have" always missing out the vital info that that's what resulted in the downturns and problems later on because they created a situation where a massive fall was inevitable.

robbiekeane

So you laugh at other people and then come one with a load of bollocks and try to package it as "common sense".

You're done
It is common sense. What’s so hard to get your head around with it? Someone on Twitter tries to make out there’s loads of corruption going on and the big bad Tories gave business to their friends instead of the little guy, when actually it sounds like little guy wasn’t accredited and could offer 10% of the volume and the other option who was accredited?

Can you let me know which bit is a load of bollocks? I know you’re an angry man but if you can take a deep breath and have a go

Skybluefaz

Doff your cap and tug your forlock for your boy Jenrick.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Under what evidence? Why would a new start-up be able to deliver to a scale an established provider with all the contacts couldn't do 10% of?

Just because they say they'll get 500k doesn't mean they can do it. If I said I could fit a new boiler in an hour, but I've only just started out you'r first thought wouldn't be " he can do that" it'd quite rightly be "he has no idea what he's talking about". Did they actually manage to reach that level and meet the terms of the contract? Have any penalties been imposed for failure to meet the terms?

They've already said the contract was never advertised so why would there be an audit process if there isn't a procurement one?

Ask yourself this. Why is it all these new companies getting contracts all have one thing in common - links to the Tory party? Why was £12bn given to a company to set up a third-rate test and trace? Why was the job heading it up given to a woman with a litany of failures (again without being advertised/interviewed etc) who just happened to be married to a Tory?

The amount of money given out to Tory mates is a MASSIVE corruption scandal, made worse that it's taking advantage of a situation where people are dying. It's almost mafiaesque. But hey lets blame the low paid, jobless and ayslum seekers. It's like chasing the kid that stole a chocolate bar while someones emptying the till and the safe. Which they're doing deliberately as a distraction from the fact they've willing given permission to them to raid the till and safe.

Ring Of Steel

It is common sense. What’s so hard to get your head around with it? Someone on Twitter tries to make out there’s loads of corruption going on and the big bad Tories gave business to their friends instead of the little guy, when actually it sounds like little guy wasn’t accredited and could offer 10% of the volume and the other option who was accredited?

Can you let me know which bit is a load of bollocks? I know you’re an angry man but if you can take a deep breath and have a go

I’m not getting involved and i couldn’t give a toss who the govt is over there at this point, it’s beyond repair far as I can see, also if it was just this instance you may actually have a point, but I assume you realise that it’s not just this instance? It’s everywhere, well over a billion to companies that have no directors, no trading history, no expertise- but all mysteriously conservative donors and cronies. And rarely- if ever- any tender process at all. The country is being looted in front of your eyes, you’re a total & complete mug if you can’t see it for what it is. The U.K. is acting like a third world corrupt state & people like you are too partisan to acknowledge it... which means it will carry on and people like you will justify it.

Users who are viewing this thread