Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (31 Viewers)

hill83

Why am I seeing 15 deaths today on the news sites?
I don’t normally follow it so where are you getting the numbers from?

SkyBlueDom26

only 15 deaths and under 1000 cases! We’re beating this (yes I know there is a lag in the deaths but look at the weekly Monday trend)

shmmeee

15 deaths is a great result for a Sunday and under 1k cases at last. Still far too many, but looking lots better.

Will be interesting to see where we are in two weeks now we really really out of lockdown. Localised protests and parties won’t have had much impact.

David O'Day

I didn't watch todays episode of Hancocks half hour but Jenny Harries is getting it tight on twitter.

Usually only happens when she is saying something completely different to what she said last time.

chiefdave

I didn't watch todays episode of Hancocks half hour but Jenny Harries is getting it tight on twitter.

Usually only happens when she is saying something completely different to what she said last time.
Jenny "face masks are a waste of time and mass gatherings are fine" Harries, what could go wrong!

Today she has claimed that as 1 in 1,700 people has covid you'd have to meet 1,700 before you are at risk of catching it. She also said we need to practice good respiratory hygiene whatever that means.

Brylowes

surprised at that to be honest. I know a couple by me who have put protocols in place.
The hairdressers where my wife works was given their opening date and a list of guidelines and protocols they have to implement weeks ago.
We have been told absolutely nothing at all since Closing on the 20th March, in fact you’d
Never believe we run a pub forcibly shut down by Government,
I have grave concerns, we are opening to a very different landscape and the restrictions
We will have to comply with are likely to be on a different level to any other business ‘we
also face the very real prospect of further lockdowns with minimal notice.
15 years in the same pub with 14 years still on my lease, on the day of lockdown we had
no debt at all with the owner ‘but the only concession they’ve offered is to allow us to defer
Rent payments to debt and not charge interest on the debt for one year.
On top of this I’ve had to shield due to medicinal injections I take every 3 months, the worry
and uncertainty is intolerable and is starting to take affect on my marriage and health, can’t
Remember the last time I was in bed before 4am and up after 7am.
Seriously had enough now.

Last edited:

David O'Day

Jenny "face masks are a waste of time and mass gatherings are fine" Harries, what could go wrong!

Today she has claimed that as 1 in 1,700 people has covid you'd have to meet 1,700 before you are at risk of catching it. She also said we need to practice good respiratory hygiene whatever that means.

But that's not how contagious pathogens work? You could meet 1 person and they have it or you could meet 20000 and not catch it/

DCMO my arse

clint van damme

We have been told absolutely nothing at all since Closing on the 20th March, in fact you’d
Never believe we run a pub forcibly shut down by Government,
I have grave concerns, we are opening to a very different landscape and the restrictions
We will have to comply with are likely to be on a different level to any other business ‘we
also face the very real prospect of further lockdowns with minimal notice.
15 years in the same pub with 14 years still on my lease, on the day of lockdown we had
no debt at all with the owner ‘but the only concession they’ve offered is to allow us to defer
Rent payments to debt and not charge interest on the debt for one year.
On top of this I’ve had to shield due to medicinal injections I take every 3 months, the worry
and uncertainty is intolerable and is starting to take affect on my marriage and health, can’t
Remember the last time I was in bed before 4am and up after 7am.
Seriously had enough now.

that's shit mate. Hopefully you'll start to get a clearer picture of whats going on over the next few days.

clint van damme

They've had 17 new cases on Sunday. Hardly cause for a lockdown is it? Do you get erect when you see bad news? Genuine question

it's all relative though, considering they've only had around 300 deaths 17 is an outbreak.
Sporadic outbreaks are happening in several countries. There has been talk before of localised lock downs and i can see that happening.

David O'Day

it's all relative though, considering they've only had around 300 deaths 17 is an outbreak.
Sporadic outbreaks are happening in several countries. There has been talk before of localised lock downs and i can see that happening.
Ah Saddlebrains must have posted

Brighton Sky Blue

But that's not how contagious pathogens work? You could meet 1 person and they have it or you could meet 20000 and not catch it/

DCMO my arse

It would also mean if you were asymptomatic you’d infect 1800 people. She is probably the worst out of all the ones they have on-I miss the one who told the truth which is probably why she never came back.

fernandopartridge

But joking aside how the fuck have they spent 11 million quid in 3 months?

There are many software developers pointing out you can run whole companies for years on a couple of million.

They've have rolled in costs of various people working within NHSX into that I imagine. I posted on here a while ago about NHSX, created by Hancock and headed by one of his cronies was an utterly useless entity.

David O'Day

They've have rolled in costs of various people working within NHSX into that I imagine. I posted on here a while ago about NHSX, created by Hancock and headed by one of his cronies was an utterly useless entity.

But 11 million is still a massively over the top amount. You would spend only a fraction of this if you started a company and fully staffed it.

Over 3 months it's over 120k a day

fernandopartridge

ONS figures are out now, 54k deaths with covid on the death cert up to 12 June.

Wales not recording any excess deaths now, so you could argue they've brought it under control (by doing something different from little England).

David O'Day

Don’t say that we might have brought it under control!!!!! You’ll get slated on here

Fuck me you are a c**t.

No one has ever said they don't want things to get better and no one has ever said that the numbers are declining.

We want people to be careful where as you being the sick fuck you are don't care and your "Boris laddddddd" to look good.

You need help

SkyBlueDom26

Fuck me you are a c**t.

No one has ever said they don't want things to get better and no one has ever said that the numbers are declining.

We want people to be careful where as you being the sick fuck you are don't care and your "Boris laddddddd" to look good.

You need help
Why do you always post negative news on here then? Every single day, you need help

Users who are viewing this thread