Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (13 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 4439

What model did you get? Planning on some green laining?

I did the very obvious thing for something with little off-road and green lane experience - and who can't be doing the maintenance and serice intervals of a proper duro/mx - bought a crf250l. I think it's the only option now in the low maintenance category, as Yami has stopped selling the wr250f in the UK (though there is stock around). I knew the crf had a tardy engine and a pogoing ass, but possibly I might have looked to have got the Yami, not least because I prefer a taller bike. As for all the rest, including Yami's R version of the mx 250, your sexy KTMs 2 strokes and Honda's crf450l, 10 hour oil change intervals and 1000 mile top value checks and rebuilds are not for me.

It's a cheap as chips second bike, principally for the late autumn and overwinter months when I'd rather be messing around on some mildly looking green lanes or muddy crappy b road with the crf than my GS.

I'm actually discovering how much fun it can be to wind the throttle right back and get a little engine screaming (and wondering if the brakes will stop it) rather than having a ton of controlled torque on tap!

You?

Last edited by a moderator:

skybluetony176

giphy.gif
EFC0C8C1-7AF1-4561-8DA8-620849AB02FF.gif

skybluetony176

I did the very obvious thing for something with little off-road and green lane experience - and who can't be doing the maintenance and serval intervals of a proper duro/mx - bought a crf250l. I think it's the only option now in the low maintenance category, as Yami has stopped selling the wr250f in the UK (though there is stock around). I knew the crf had a tardy engine and a pogoing ass, but possibly I might have looked to have got the Yami, not least because I prefer a taller bike. As for all the rest, including Yami's R version of the mx 250, your sexy KTMs 2 strokes and Honda's crf450l, 10 hour oil change intervals and 1000 mile top value checks and rebuilds are not for me.

It's a cheap as chips second bike, principally for the late autumn and overwinter months when I'd rather be messing around on some mildly looking green lanes or muddy crappy b road with the crf than my GS.

I'm actually discovering how much fun it can be to wind the throttle right back and get a little engine screaming rather than having a ton of torque on tap!

You?
Me. Sadly no. Haven’t had a bike for about 11 years now after never being without one for about 20 years. Fancy an R Nine T Urban BMW, maybe when all this shit has calmed down as the kids are a bit older now and I might actually get time to ride it.

stupot07

Not sure if this was posted yesterday, but what a bunch of bullshitters this government are.

Lying is like breathing to these people.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Not sure if this was posted yesterday, but what a bunch of bullshitters this government are.

Lying is like breathing to these people.

Apple have also said they have no idea what they're on about as they've never spoken to them.
Apple says it did not know the UK was working on a "hybrid" version of the NHS coronavirus contact-tracing app using tech it developed with Google.

The firm took the unusual step of saying it was also unaware of an issue regarding distance-measuring, which was flagged by Health Secretary Matt Hancock in Thursday's daily briefing.

Apple said it was "difficult to understand" the claims.

Downing Street said the government had "worked closely with Apple and Google".
However, speaking to the Times, Apple said: "It is difficult to understand what these claims are as they haven't spoken to us."

The firm also pointed out that the tech was already either in use or intended for use in Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Ireland.

The tech giant also expressed surprise that the UK was working on a new version of the contact-tracing app which incorporated the Apple-Google software tool.

"We've agreed to join forces with Google and Apple, to bring the best bits of both systems together," Mr Hancock said.

However, Apple said: "We don't know what they mean by this hybrid model. They haven't spoken to us about it."

Walsgrave

Can’t wait to see the guidance on the schools for September.
The tutoring thing really is quite comical - on the surface, £1 billion sounds a lot but as headteachers have worked out, the per child cost falls very short of the claims of the government. This is also only provision for pre-16 education as well.

I think that many hawks in government will take the attitude that 'if it's good for me, it's good for you'. With so many MPs being able to buy their children's way through the system through paid private tuition and whatnot, and with private schools naturally being better able to open and resume kids learning both remotely and in-person (through smaller class sizes), inevitably there will be many in government who think 'You know what? Let's just delay the opening of schools to gain the upper hand'.

There are some right gimps on charge as well. That Jonathan Gullis, who is a former teacher of all things, is somehow trying to argue that it's the unions' fault. If his colleagues really had any sort of control over the situation, then even if they could not open up the schools, they would have at least a plan drawn up as tohow education will be conducted over the coming months.

hill83

Did you know that COVID-19 Trackers have been added to your phones? If you have an Android phone, go under Settings, then GOOGLE settings and it's there. If you have an IPhone, go to settings, privacy then health.

You need a relevant app before you can turn the settings on.

hill83

Shhh, waiting for Dom...

I do find it slightly sinister however

No different to having a calculator on your phone. You are in control of it. Don’t want it on don’t turn it on or use it.

There’s a sinister camera that can see everything you can see when you open it too.

shmmeee

Did you know that COVID-19 Trackers have been added to your phones? If you have an Android phone, go under Settings, then GOOGLE settings and it's there. If you have an IPhone, go to settings, privacy then health.

Just the infrastructure I believe, you still need to develop an app to actually use it and trace. Because of privacy concerns the OS needs to control the functionality but doesn’t implement tracking.

Edit: beated

wingy

The Prof from Nottingham on Newsnight last night said the CODE is out there freely available and has been for some time .
He had written to them a couple of months ago saying the Gov't one.wouldn't work

fernandopartridge

The tutoring thing really is quite comical - on the surface, £1 billion sounds a lot but as headteachers have worked out, the per child cost falls very short of the claims of the government. This is also only provision for pre-16 education as well.

I think that many hawks in government will take the attitude that 'if it's good for me, it's good for you'. With so many MPs being able to buy their children's way through the system through paid private tuition and whatnot, and with private schools naturally being better able to open and resume kids learning both remotely and in-person (through smaller class sizes), inevitably there will be many in government who think 'You know what? Let's just delay the opening of schools to gain the upper hand'.

There are some right gimps on charge as well. That Jonathan Gullis, who is a former teacher of all things, is somehow trying to argue that it's the unions' fault. If his colleagues really had any sort of control over the situation, then even if they could not open up the schools, they would have at least a plan drawn up as tohow education will be conducted over the coming months.
They will never ever ever miss any chance to make an ideological point, hence the union blaming.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd like to know what incentive they think the teaching unions, which are headed and led by teachers, have to stop other teachers from doing their job in school. I would much rather be in school than doing remote teaching but we didn't have the evidence on children's role in transmission of the virus which in my view was a major condition of reopening.

However now Williamson and Johnson have committed themselves to full reopening in September, that presumably means an end to social distancing and a wider return to normality. The former Ofsted chief continuously arguing for teachers to come in over the summer, perhaps voluntarily, is further madness. If you burn us out we will do a worse job back in September.

clint van damme

DHSC pretending the shambolic attempts to buy PPE from Turkey was nowt to do with them.

Even if they have no documentation Government ministers stood up in press conferences and said PPE was on its way from Turkey, I can't recall if Hancock said it, if he didn't then Raab definitely did.

Though in this new era of British politics being filmed live making a statement to the assembled media which is broadcast to the UK public no longer counts as proof.

Users who are viewing this thread