Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (12 Viewers)

clint van damme

Name some

Alan dugdale, backroom rummermill, flying fokker,covmark.
Though to be fair they may not be regular contributors under any circumstances.

What do you think.the Tories have done well in this crisis and what criticism is unfair in your opinion?

skyblueinBaku

Name some
I've always voted Tory. However, when the next election is held I'll have serious reservations about voting for the present Tory bunch of incompetents and lightweights.

David O'Day

So the defence from number 10 is he still didn't breach regulations even though Durham police say he did.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

PVA

So the defence from number 10 is he still didn't breach regulations even though Durham police say he did.

Astonishing.

First they denied it. Then doubled down. Now tripled down.

They are only making it worse for themselves.

The Prime Minister and almost the entire cabinet publicly backed someone for breaking the law.

pipkin73

We now are down to 0 active cases. However we are now being inundated with boats coming from Africa. My son (ambulance driver) had to deal with one coming in on Tuesday. There was 50+ on board the boat, it required 2 coaches to take them to an army base, the only secure compound on our island, we don't have a jail here, just a few police cells in the capital. If we have a change in case numbers it will be because of these boats.

The police at the moment are being tipped off, so the coast guard can go and intercept them and bring them in safely, quarantined and make sure they get tested. The worrying thing is those that dont get caught, come straight onto the island, start mixing with everyone else. We also know they are heading to more popular islands of Gran Canaria and Tenerife rather than here.

Since we are now in phase 2 it says we can travel any where in our province, which includes Gran Canaria and Lanzarote. We were also reading Binter was to increase the number of flights, but Binters web site says 'travel between the islands for essential travel only' which require permits as well as your empad. My wife was looking in to it, going to for our yearly shopping trip to Las Palmas before we get back into (hopefully) normal working routines.
I read about them arriving in GC but they were taken away like in Fuerteventura.

The whole travelling and flight thing is confusing, like you say Binter are increasing numbers but the news says to go to second homes, work or to check on family etc but people are flying to Tenerife to get flights back to the UK. Phase 2 was supposed to free up travel but maybe it will be Phase 3.

The whole communication thing has been awful, the rules really are not explained well and they contradict themselves.
I can collect my friends in my Jeep but we have to wear masks and gloves, but when we get to the bar we can sit together and remove them and sit together for as long as we want, but if we go to the beach after we have to sit apart again. The rules don't make any sense, lets just hope that in Phase 4 "The new normal" we can understand what the hell the new rules are.

Let me know when you go to Las Palmas and if i'm not working and got some spare cash i will come up and meet you both.

skybluetony176

Are the police looking into the issue of him admitting to driving while unable to see properly?
Wonder what his insurance company has to say about it also. As he’s confessed to driving while not fit was he even covered by insurance? Should the police be looking into that also?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Alan dugdale, backroom rummermill, flying fokker,covmark.
Though to be fair they may not be regular contributors under any circumstances.

What do you think.the Tories have done well in this crisis and what criticism is unfair in your opinion?
You've listed them in order of greatness, with a twat at the end .Not the front end, before any smart arse suggests.

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I've always voted Tory. However, when the next election is held I'll have serious reservations about voting for the present Tory bunch of incompetents and lightweights.
Same here. This Cummings stuff changes a lot. And before anyone starts, Corbyn wouldn't have fared any better over the whole lockdown fiasco.
Still, when covid 20 arrives , we'll have learned so much from our mistakes we'll have one of the lowest death rates. Haha.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I am no Corbyn fan, far from it, but he quite literally could not have done any worse.
...oh I don't know .I do think starmer would have been much better. Only my gut feeling. I like him.

oakey

The British people have become Yasmeen from Coronation street - gaslit, lied to, confused with whataboutery, manipulated to believe in bluster and faux blitz spirit nonsense. How far we have yet to fall I cannot say. If it wasn't costing lives I could shrug it off. I have been sorely tempted to join the, 'look after your own interests and ignore the bodies piling up' attitude.
But I can't. Seriously thinking of ignoring the Clap for carers tonight. I don't know if I can stomach standing in the street with neighbours I know voted Tory and I know will back BoJo when he gets round to blaming them and refusing to fund them and care homes before too long.

PVA

Boris is up for today's daily briefing.

Presumably with some good news to deflect away from the Cummings shitstorm. Pubs opening soon, or a lowering of the threat level.

David O'Day

Presumably with some good news to deflect away from the Cummings shitstorm. Pubs opening soon, or a lowering of the threat level.
But as the tracing system is not fully working until the end of June what could he possibly do to deflect.

Opening pubs isn't enough

PVA

Good from Starmer, brutal in fact:

"I’ve seen what Durham Police have said. Obviously that, on the face of it, is inconsistent with what the prime minister said.

And that presents him with a problem. But, frankly, he’s too weak to do anything about it.

I don’t think he’s going to do anything because he cannot, it seems, continue without his adviser."

NorthernWisdom

Same here. This Cummings stuff changes a lot. And before anyone starts, Corbyn wouldn't have fared any better over the whole lockdown fiasco.
Still, when covid 20 arrives , we'll have learned so much from our mistakes we'll have one of the lowest death rates. Haha.
Thing is, we don't know how Corbyn would have fared as he's not the one in charge. Fwiw I suspect his inability to make a decision would be exactly what we didn't need... but speculating doesn't alter who we do have leading us.

clint van damme

Would love to get out for a pint but if he opens pubs just to make himself look good when its clearly too soon he's a bigger wanker than I thought.

David O'Day

Would love to get out for a pint but if he opens pubs just to make himself look good when its clearly too soon he's a bigger wanker than I thought.
Yep, if he tries anything like that he is just opening himself up to accusations of sacrificing people to save himself.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The British people have become Yasmeen from Coronation street - gaslit, lied to, confused with whataboutery, manipulated to believe in bluster and faux blitz spirit nonsense. How far we have yet to fall I cannot say. If it wasn't costing lives I could shrug it off. I have been sorely tempted to join the, 'look after your own interests and ignore the bodies piling up' attitude.
But I can't. Seriously thinking of ignoring the Clap for carers tonight. I don't know if I can stomach standing in the street with neighbours I know voted Tory and I know will back BoJo when he gets round to blaming them and refusing to fund them and care homes before too long.
i can't bear facing the neighbours opposite who have visitors every other day and still stand outside clapping every thursday at 8 . I am increasingly tempted to tell them to fuck off back inside.

shmmeee

That was posted off the top of my head in seconds. Imagine what a bit of research would throw up?
And 2 of the above list have sacking on their CV. Including 2 for the part timer.
I'm really surprised you're defending them. As a Brexit supporter I cannot belive you'd be happy to let this lot guide us through the process. They simply aren't up to government.

The problem is no one credible believes in Brexit. And given the choice of leaving the cult or debasing yourself by supporting clear incompetents he’s made his bed.

Users who are viewing this thread