Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (12 Viewers)

djr8369

Worst bit of this for me is the media ignoring all the positives at the moment.

The WHO saying a second wave is now really unlikely. The plummeting figures and good news stories now coming from around Europe. The scientific evidence showing the virus is all but dying out.

Why arent they asking questions about this? Why are they not asking when people can see family again? Is it true that due to the above reasoning that we can get back to normality faster than thought?

No its the same question about cummings. Pathetic

From what I can see the WHO are saying globally we are still in the first wave and if countries reopen too quickly there will be a second wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

Worst bit of this for me is the media ignoring all the positives at the moment.

The WHO saying a second wave is now really unlikely. The plummeting figures and good news stories now coming from around Europe. The scientific evidence showing the virus is all but dying out.

Why arent they asking questions about this? Why are they not asking when people can see family again? Is it true that due to the above reasoning that we can get back to normality faster than thought?

No its the same question about cummings. Pathetic

And where are you hearing about these positives if not the media?

It’s been all over the media in the last few days that deaths are drastically down throughout Europe.

hill83

The plummeting figures and news stories coming from Europe are due to a completely different approach, how do you not understand that?

The WHO has said the exact opposite to that. It has warned of an immediate second wave if measures are lifted too soon. Ergo, the disease is not dying out naturally.

Actually they said: “Who are you? (Who are you? Who, who, who, who?)”

PVA

1 He hasn’t resigned
2 No one cared including you
3 Mr Cummings isn’t even a party member

1 - Neither has Cummings
2 - He visited his parents and went home. He didn't travel almost 600 miles. He didn't go out into the public. He didn't set the rules for the country.
3 - he appears to be the de facto PM. And has brought the party into disrepute. And has cabinet members defending his pathetic lies.

Of course you know all this, but choose to ignore it.

Ian1779

The plummeting figures and news stories coming from Europe are due to a completely different approach, how do you not understand that?

The WHO has said the exact opposite to that. It has warned of an immediate second wave if measures are lifted too soon. Ergo, the disease is not dying out naturally.

The ONS have reported today that deaths in England and Wales last week were 3800 - that’s over 500 a day still.

Anyone thinking this is over is not paying attention.

Ian1779

From what I can see the WHO are saying globally we are still in the first wave and if countries reopen too quickly there will be a second wave.

Didn’t they say something like a second spike within the first wave... never mind a second wave.

hill83

Have you got a link for this please? Sounds great if true but everything I am seeing is the opposite.

Grendel

You're more intelligent than this ridiculous whataboutery. FWIW I wouldn't have an issue with Kinnock being sacked.

If this persists as a news item for another week he will go - he should have resigned anyway - he’s placed his boss in a very difficult position

The anger though is more at the individual than the crime

Grendel

hill83

Hardly an advert to stay in the EU coming from a grubby polish pension rapist

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The opening shops before seeing People from other households is weird.

Can see Boris pulling that one out the bag to be honest to try and ease the pressure he's under. Other countries are doing it cant see why we cant

May I suggest a drive to Barnard Castle to mull it over?

Last edited:

TomRad85

If this persists as a news item for another week he will go - he should have resigned anyway - he’s placed his boss in a very difficult position

The anger though is more at the individual than the crime
He's the Brexit Bogeyman, they've been gunning for him from day 1 and now he's been caught with his trousers down and the press smell blood. I'm 50/50 on whether he'll stay or go.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

The WHO thing about the second wave is reported here, I saw it cited elsewhere but it was in Spanish so the main thing I took away was that the virus goes to the beach and enjoys playing cards with friends
Got to admit I don't really understand the science behind this. Each country that has had issues would have had a patient zero and its spread from there so how will it just die out?

Surely unless you have zero current infections you still have multiple people with a highly contagious virus?

djr8369

The WHO thing about the second wave is reported here, I saw it cited elsewhere but it was in Spanish so the main thing I took away was that the virus goes to the beach and enjoys playing cards with friends

Huge coronavirus breakthrough as WHO claim second wave ‘being increasingly ruled out’

I think what she is trying to say there is we now know how to control it and this will prevent later waves being as serious as the initial one. It seems to be being read as “there won’t be a second wave so open up” but in reality seems closer to “there might not be a second wave if we continue to implement containment measures”.

That’s just my reading and there’s not a lot to go on there.

hill83

134 deaths is much better if it’s Everything included but over 4000 new positive tests isn’t good at all

It could be linked to more testing though. Can’t be arsed to check as I’m sure someone will pipe up on here either way.

Saddlebrains

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is a worldwide pandemic and all I can hear is an echo of right and left wing.

Cummings is a twat and should be sacked. I think there is one maybe two people arguing the opposite. That's it.

I'm surprised people are highlighting that this story isn't going away. Of course it won't if you keep talking about it!

Ian1779

There is a worldwide pandemic and all I can hear is an echo of right and left wing.

Cummings is a twat and should be sacked. I think there is one maybe two people arguing the opposite. That's it.

I'm surprised people are highlighting that this story isn't going away. Of course it won't if you keep talking about it!

Of course you are right - but people are up in arms because his actions have effectively ended any kind of sensible behaviours from a big swathe of our population.

That’s the real worry now in terms of what will follow in a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread