Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (68 Viewers)

David O'Day

Be interesting to see the list of those councils.
Why? Councils like liverpool are acting on the advice of their own public health advisors and their own education experts

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SIR ERNIE

Why? Councils like liverpool are acting on the advice of their own public health advisors and their own education experts

Just to see if there's a common denominator...apart of course from their obvious concern for pupils and teachers.

Ring Of Steel

Long as it’s someone else’s kids, our gammon colleagues here don’t give a fuck about sending them back in

Grendel

Long as it’s someone else’s kids, our gammon colleagues here don’t give a fuck about sending them back in

Many have been in since the start of the lockdown? Articulate?

David O'Day

Just to see if there's a common denominator...apart of course from their obvious concern for pupils and teachers.
You want to see if they are Labour.

If you want to be a bellend just come out and ask the question.

David O'Day

Ernie is trying to get folk to admit they are Labour councils.

The political leaning of them has fuck all to do with anything. They are councils that currently have r numbers that are estimated to be close to 1 and high case rates. It's science rather that any political leanings that are guiding them.

Grendel

might be tricky.

I also looking at his twitter profile photo would politely suggest he goes easy on the gammon gag as his bag eyed, unshaven, shiny pink exterior looks the perfect place to plonk a pineapple on

Saddlebrains

I don't buy this shit of not reopening schools. Me and my daughters mother are key workers. My daughters been in school all the way through, along with around 30 other pupils.

Not one child has been suspected. Not one member of staff, '( and a lot of them have been in). Its an excuse in my eyes. Why am i able to have contact with people in my line of work (delivery driver), where i am in contact with over 50 people a day, yet teachers can't?. Screams of a cant be arsed till September attitude to me. Education is important.

Luckily my daughter has been taught around 2 hours per day ( shes in reception) so won't struggle, but what about other children who haven't learnt a thing since March?

Open the schools with measures out in place best as possible. Same now with most workplaces. The furlough money and business grants etc aren't a bottomless pit of money. We need to get back to normal asap now.

Sheild the vulnerable best we can, and take precaution best we can and crack on.

SIR ERNIE

I don't buy this shit of not reopening schools. Me and my daughters mother are key workers. My daughters been in school all the way through, along with around 30 other pupils.

Not one child has been suspected. Not one member of staff, '( and a lot of them have been in). Its an excuse in my eyes. Why am i able to have contact with people in my line of work (delivery driver), where i am in contact with over 50 people a day, yet teachers can't?. Screams of a cant be arsed till September attitude to me. Education is important.

Luckily my daughter has been taught around 2 hours per day ( shes in reception) so won't struggle, but what about other children who haven't learnt a thing since March?

Open the schools with measures out in place best as possible. Same now with most workplaces. The furlough money and business grants etc aren't a bottomless pit of money. We need to get back to normal asap now.

Sheild the vulnerable best we can, and take precaution best we can and crack on.

Well said.

Grendel

Ian1779

I was working in one of the schools with the key workers children (until my daughter had to suddenly be shielded) and it didn’t resemble anything like any kind of normality. Kids sitting 1 to a classroom table designed for 4/6 - 2 children on a row in the canteen (designed for 30).
Those 30 kids you speak of were probably spread out between 5 maybe 6 rooms. Social time restricted.

Most school classroom would fit between 28 and 33 kids in. Now with social distancing you’ll struggle to fit 8-10.

Were you lucky enough to have gloves, masks or any other PPE? Because I can guarantee you there is be very little or none in schools. You may indeed be in contact with more people, but they are small and short interactions (hopefully socially distanced) - so your risk of infection is dramatically reduced. You CANNOT re-create these conditions in a school environment.

If we were getting 30/40 deaths a day - I could possibly see the argument.... but we’re nowhere near that yet.

clint van damme

It’s for commercial gain (or survival) by using furlough nothing to do with safety

they don't have to keep staff furloughed until September. Even if staff have entered furlough for the fist time today they can be taken off in the second week of June.

Skybluefaz

My wife and her school have been prepping for kids coming back as much as they can, parents don't want the kids back in school as much as anything. Don't buy this divide and conquer shit from the government. Teachers aren't all defiantly trying to not go back in to school to work, because don't forget, they HAVE been working despite what the newspapers say.

Grendel

they don't have to keep staff furloughed until September. Even if staff have entered furlough for the fist time today they can be taken off in the second week of June.

Why would they if they can hide behind the state?

Grendel

Brighton Sky Blue

You’re right I can’t be arsed that’s why I’m working till 1-2 am each day to make lessons, mark work, run online clubs etc etc

Sick of the lazy teacher trope coming out from those who’ve never done it.

Users who are viewing this thread