Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (37 Viewers)

Astute

Listen- you don’t get to question me, you don’t get to make out I need to have all the answers, there are people whose job it is to make these decisions, and so far they’ve ignored everything elsewhere in the world, been shown up by the Premier League and sporting events, and now been forced to do an about face. That’s not my issue, it’s theirs, so cut the indignation at me and aim it where it needs to go.
So nobody can question you but you can question everyone else?

Not the way a debate should go.

Astute

200 something cases today, number will only grow and grow.
Yes it will.

But the point is if we hide from it how long would we have to hide? It won't be eradicated by hiding. Look how quickly it went around the globe.

So we hide. All it takes is one person to still have it and it spreads around again. Do we hide again? How long will it take to be able to bring in immunisation?

There is no simple answer.

Astute

There is no panic, worry yea for the elder people the backbone that this country was built on but other than that I will continue with my life unless I run out of shit roll.
Don't worry. Have self quarantined myself. Not because I have come into contact with anyone who has it but to try my best not to catch it so I can continue to make bog rolls for you.

Astute

1% of 100 million is 100k NHS would collapse. I know 100k wouldn't get infected but just a example.
1% of 100m is 1m......

Did someone leave the border open and people have come here to get away from the virus?

usskyblue

I noticed this got political...but I’ve had a few and can’t be arsed to study context..or anything, really. So I guess I’m sorry in advance...but...

...Trump and Johnson are grade A c*nts. If you voted for either you have absolutely no need for a fucking lobotomy.

Edit to add: If only the opposition weren’t complete pellets as well...

Last edited:
Reactions: PVA

Astute

I noticed this got political...but I’ve had a few and can’t be arsed to study context..or anything, really. So I guess I’m sorry in advance...but...

...Trump and Johnson are grade A c*nts.

If you voted for either you have absolutely no need for a fucking lobotomy.
Of course it has got political. Just look at your own response.

You are right about Boris and Trump though :D

Kieranp96

Yes it will.

But the point is if we hide from it how long would we have to hide? It won't be eradicated by hiding. Look how quickly it went around the globe.

So we hide. All it takes is one person to still have it and it spreads around again. Do we hide again? How long will it take to be able to bring in immunisation?

There is no simple answer.
That's why UK are trying to create immunity, as the likely hood is it will be back next winter if it dies if in summer.

Kieranp96

...Trump and Johnson are grade A c*nts. If you voted for either you have absolutely no need for a fucking lobotomy.

Edit to add: If only the opposition weren’t complete pellets as well...
Best leaders in the world.

Kieranp96

I know. But to some hiding will eradicate it.
Let's hope that's the case, I'm take a break from here reading my own comments back makes me realise what a "dumbass" I am, so catch you all around probably when season starts or there's news.

Jcap

The editor of the Lancet was actually one of the ones who was criticising the UKs approach, Richard Horton I think he’s called.

I’m almost at coronavirus saturation point.
Met him last year at a conference in Singapore, smart guy, talks a lot of sense. I'd be more inclined to believe him than some of the so called experts we've heard from over the last few days!

djr8369

Bull market it aint and you'd think they'd be another US dip on Monday after yet another relief rally/dead cat bounce. What I can't get over though, even with oil prices temporarily suppressed by the oil price war, is just how much the big oilies have fallen, almost unprecedented. Trump took the piss a bit today by saying 'you sell it cheap, we'll stockpile it cheap'. I've gambled quite some on a rebound over the next 3-6 mths -12 mths for a decent recovery - but things look a bit red at the moment!

Going to keep putting money in at low levels but think the economic effects will last most of the year so not expecting to be even back to previous levels for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

It could also be that Boris has realised that the advice he has received and set policy around is potentially hugely damaging to him politically so he is taking some control.

It's exactly what I'd do, I'd cover my arse big time.

I said this yesterday. The plan won’t survive contact with reality and within days the actions they said were weeks away would be happening.

CCFCSteve

That there is a classic example of deflection.
The government got it wrong so let's quickly shine a light on someone else!

Clint, it wasnt, feel free to read back. It was in reference to ROS suggesting Cummings was behind government policy on this. I asked, how could he be when Khan was interviewed earlier in the week and said he was taking the same advice from the same medical/scientific professionals as the government (directly) in relation to how to deal with London.

TTG

giphy.gif

djr8369

An anecdotal story... friends of the in-laws recently returned from holiday and believed they were suffering from the virus. Got so bad one of them was struggling to breath to the extent they called an ambulance. The ambulance refused to come out. They tried again later and requested a test. Refused medical attention and told they couldn’t have a test and told to “ride it out”.

I assume the NHS isn’t overwhelmed yet so this is a precaution designed to stop the spread and perhaps only the most at risk will get to go into hospital (they’re in their 50’s). The worrying thing is if tests are being refused imagine how much that is suppressing our number of cases.

David O'Day

Why have the government got it wrong, firstly the haven't banned anything yet and secondly if you had actually listened to what they said they did say at some stage they would have to implement social distancing measures.

Ring piece of steel is basically making things up has he goes along.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

djr8369

No I'm seething because I really like statistics and I hate to see people butchering them.

Not my graphs, just trying to show how the situation is changing. Turned out I was right, even Grendel started to reluctantly admit we now have the same growth rate as Italy based on the available data.

David O'Day

Not my graphs, just trying to show how the situation is changing. Turned out I was right, even Grendel started to reluctantly admit we now have the same growth rate as Italy based on the available data.

That's a cool story, shame I had to go to the fiction section to find it. It was next to the Harry Potter books all along.

When you writing the sequel? Will it be out before xmas?

Users who are viewing this thread