Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (24 Viewers)

David O'Day

So in a day were the a nation has been asking for clarity all we get is it's common sense.

Not 1 question actually answered.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Grendel

He's also talking utter nonsense. He's lying because that he is saying did not happen.

I'm glad he's on ignore if this is the level he is at now.

Johnson was so bad he came up with nonsense like so gloriously simple there will be complexes.

Black Ford and Saville-Roberts skewered him as well.

Grendal is a sad man who pretends to be successful online. We all know this but at the moment I am genuinely worried about him.

Im genuinely worried about someone who talks to themselves and pretends to ignore someone who actually occupies their thoughts day and night David

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Johnson insists his advice is good for the whole UK's population despite Scotland, Wales and NI rejecting it. Your posh accent and gesticulations may fool Grendel and some others but not all of us

The ONe Nation Tory who's already managing to split up the UK before we've even done Brexit properly. UK PM delivers a message (well, sort of) and all the other nations ignore it and continue to use "Stay at home". Won't be long before they're basically completely ignoring Boris and just going their own way because the centralised govt advice is just chaotic.

David O'Day

This is really embarrassing for him. Unable answer questions from the opposition mps. You can talk about PMQs but there are a lot more people watching this.

Brighton Sky Blue

The ONe Nation Tory who's already managing to split up the UK before we've even done Brexit properly. UK PM delivers a message (well, sort of) and all the other nations ignore it and continue to use "Stay at home". Won't be long before they're basically completely ignoring Boris and just going their own way because the centralised govt advice is just chaotic.

I had hopes that a successful united front could have restored some faith in the strength of the union more broadly. This is going to be the final nail in the coffin

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So in a day were the a nation has been asking for clarity all we get is it's common sense.

Not 1 question actually answered.

So their plans on devolution are now down to individual level. Absolving themselves of any responsibility.

If things get worse it's the public's fault for not using common sense. Even though lots of the public don't get a say in how they want to deal with this as it's down to the whim of their employers.

NorthernWisdom

I had hopes that a successful united front could have restored some faith in the strength of the union more broadly. This is going to be the final nail in the coffin
So manyopportunities in this. Like you say, proper consultation and acknowledgement of the union, an organised, clear concise message could reassure that Brexit won't be *too* bad, co-operation with other nations would reassure that Brexit wouldn't be so bad too... a chance toshow off our state apparatus (often lauded over the years) and technological innovation...

Instead, it fills me with worry about our general competence to deal with the basic questions of government.

Brighton Sky Blue

So manyopportunities in this. Like you say, proper consultation and acknowledgement of the union, an organised, clear concise message could reassure that Brexit won't be *too* bad, co-operation with other nations would reassure that Brexit wouldn't be so bad too... a chance toshow off our state apparatus (often lauded over the years) and technological innovation...

Instead, it fills me with worry about our general competence to deal with the basic questions of government.

In the early days of Covid you had the SNP in agreement and a united front was being presented. Now Johnson has given the separatists everything they wanted with the added bonus of looking more competent in the eyes of their respective populations

David O'Day

It's sad that he's still pretending the devolved governments agree with him. Even when they keep telling g him they don't

Brighton Sky Blue

It's sad that he's still pretending the devolved governments agree with him. Even when they keep telling g him they don't

WW2 gave support for the union a huge boost that carried through to saving its arse in 2014. We could've done something similar here-oh well

PVA

Not from today, but from PMQs I believe.

Starmer asks a, fairly straightforward, question and this is what we get in response.

Yet Grendel and co think he's cool, calm and in control of the conversation?

He's a blustering fool. He does OK with pre-recorded statements, but when a question is put to him he is utterly appalling.

EXkArOxXQAAkJUt

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Wales :
1. Stay at home and visit a garden centre..

clint van damme

Catching up on YouTube now.
Johnson would be a hit on here if he had a log in. His powers of evasion are incredible. Just waffling on barely touching on the questions asked.

Starmer plays the long game with his questioning and he's setting the government up left right and centre but fuck me he's dull.

shmmeee

Johnson would be a hit on here if he had a log in. His powers of evasion are incredible. Just waffling on barely touching on the questions asked.

Starmer plays the long game with his questioning and he's setting the government up left right and centre but fuck me he's dull.

Hes stupendously boring. It’s why I didn’t vote for him first choice in the end, but a little bit of me is hoping after everything that’s gone on the last decade or so people will be up for a little boring next election.

clint van damme

Hes stupendously boring. It’s why I didn’t vote for him first choice in the end, but a little bit of me is hoping after everything that’s gone on the last decade or so people will be up for a little boring next election.

His comments today (or perhaps over the weekend) on not backing a Brexit transition were spot on. (Edit - that should say transition extension!)
The mad think is I'm sure if Corbyn had made them the centrists would have been fuming

I hope the public start judging people on what they say rather than how they say it.
If they do Jonhnsons fucked because there's no substance there.

Last edited:

Tommo1993

Reckon if he can get some stability back to Labour then he’ll be in No.10 in a few years. Just a feeling.

Agree on him being a bit long winded and dull, but it’s far easier to listen to than that resentful, petulant little bitch Corbyn.

Users who are viewing this thread