Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (73 Viewers)

Astute

Anyone looked at the alleged 'back to work' plan that's been leaked. Assuming its genuine how is it going to work making companies or staff who are returning stick to stricter rules than those that have worked straight through? That seem completely unworkable.
Any rules set should be an absolute minimum. But can all companies manage the full costs of implementing all the rules. And personally I don't think they go anywhere near far enough.

Look at the way you have been dealt with. Companies will do what they think they will get away with. The problem is many will just be happy to be back at work. And others would be worried about putting their job at risk. It won't be easy for most.

Ian1779

Show me a post where I said that you utter c**t.
You're a fucking disgrace for a human being. Show some respect ffs. And you can wind your neck in with the bullshit racist mud slinging as well. 99% of people can see its bollocks.

You didn’t say children to be fair. You said migrants..... assuming that there are never any child migrants....

David O'Day

You didn’t say children to be fair. You said migrants..... assuming that there are never any child migrants....
Just block the tit and don't give him the attention he craves. Him and grenners just come on looking for attention.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

That bit I can see. Can’t close pubs then leave a massive loophole open at hotels.
Can’t see how most pubs and that will survive if there not allowed to open for months, will have to be a balance somewhere! See bars and that are opening italy and Spain in may/June and Ireland I think is August

shmmeee

Can’t see how most pubs and that will survive if there not allowed to open for months, will have to be a balance somewhere! See bars and that are opening italy and Spain in may/June and Ireland I think is August

Yeah I agree, though still think it could be the end of the year unless it’s with mad occupancy limits that people don’t follow. But until then hotels can open safely as people are generally separated so they’ll have to without a bar.

shmmeee

It is mate and i can't find where i read it to check.
It had the figure as a total for Spain but also for regions as some are next to zero and some are very high.

A point the FT chart guy makes a lot is that country level data doesn’t make as much sense as region level because outbreaks are so regionalised. A differentiated lockdown seems the most sensible thing in most places.

chiefdave

Yeah I agree, though still think it could be the end of the year unless it’s with mad occupancy limits that people don’t follow. But until then hotels can open safely as people are generally separated so they’ll have to without a bar.
Needs to be a balance though. If they tell everyone to go back to work but you can't go to pubs, restaurants, cinema, theatre, football etc thats going to be a tough sell for an extended amount of time.

pipkin73

They are opening bars out here with 50% occupancy but only for bars with terraces and not in commercial centres so most still won't be able to open.
Bars will have to be deep cleaned after every night before they open the next day and staff have to be checked every 2 days for the virus.
Table service only to prevent people gathering at the bar etc.. lot's of rules that add to the cost of running so mpst are saying they won't open as not worth it for just the locals as most won't have the money to spend in them.

skybluetony176

Anyone who genuinely knew me would laugh their bollocks off at some of the mud I get slung my way on here. Its absolutely crazy. People like tony probably look forward to the daily death rates being announced as it gives them another excuse for another anti tory wankathon.
Can’t say I’ve ever wished death on anyone. Not even people like yourself who thinks it’s a good idea to shoot boats so children drown. Ironically someone who does wish death on people.

pipkin73

A point the FT chart guy makes a lot is that country level data doesn’t make as much sense as region level because outbreaks are so regionalised. A differentiated lockdown seems the most sensible thing in most places.
That is what they are doing here. Three islands are already on level 1 whilst the rest of us are on level 0 up to level 4.
As figures are recorded they will allow places to go up a level if figures are still good but reduce the level if they worsen again.

pipkin73

They are opening bars out here with 50% occupancy but only for bars with terraces and not in commercial centres so most still won't be able to open.
Bars will have to be deep cleaned after every night before they open the next day and staff have to be checked every 2 days for the virus.
Table service only to prevent people gathering at the bar etc.. lot's of rules that add to the cost of running so mpst are saying they won't open as not worth it for just the locals as most won't have the money to spend in them.
Same for hotels 50% (it was 30% but the hotel union kicked off and got it increased for everyone).

skybluetony176

They were Tony’s words not racist of course
Context isn’t it. To call a white Irish man your performing monkey isn’t racist. Celebrating immigrant children drowning is. But you excuse one while trying to put context into the other that was never there. Your moral compass is fucked, when you gleefully play to the gallery of people who celebrate immigrant children dying I don’t think you understand what racist is. It’s just a word to you to throw around to get likes.

skybluetony176

As an Irish Catholic there is nothing anti irish catholic about calling someone a performing monkey

Now if I called him a Taig fair enough. But I didn’t. And to be fair I still apologised to Sickboy some time later for calling him Grendulls performing monkey which he accepted. Gracefully. Besides, I’m a card carrying taig ...er, I mean Irish man myself these days.

Ring Of Steel

Yeah the the lack of PPE has been completely unacceptable as has the early small testing numbers!!!!! I’ve criticised the government so I dunno what you’re trying to get at, this has been a shit show and I there will be an enquiry once this is over but it’s good news the numbers are falling and encouraging were flattening the curve and expanding testing with a capacity of over 100k

“thank god Boris will be back soon to lead us through this”, you were coming out with that stuff every day. Many people have died directly- and I mean directly- due to that man’s bungling incompetence, including almost 200 NHS workers, who had to put up with lies, bullshit and platitudes while they had to work with nothing- you don’t see how people might find that a bit... stupid and idiotic?

Ring Of Steel

Yeah the the lack of PPE has been completely unacceptable as has the early small testing numbers!!!!! I’ve criticised the government so I dunno what you’re trying to get at, this has been a shit show and I there will be an enquiry once this is over but it’s good news the numbers are falling and encouraging were flattening the curve and expanding testing with a capacity of over 100k

I see we did a great job on flattening the curve when it comes to tests done as well

Ring Of Steel

Anyone who genuinely knew me would laugh their bollocks off at some of the mud I get slung my way on here. Its absolutely crazy. People like tony probably look forward to the daily death rates being announced as it gives them another excuse for another anti tory wankathon.

“The people who know me”- the only person most people see is the one who wanted boats sinking and who pops up regularly to spew more illiterate & ill informed garbage all over the place and act like a deeply unpleasant human being with a giant chip on his shoulder about everyone and everything.

Ring Of Steel

As an Irish Catholic there is nothing anti irish catholic about calling someone a performing monkey

As someone surrounded by millions of Irish Catholics I’m glad you said that as I thought I’d missed out on some secret insult

The coventrian

“The people who know me”- the only person most people see is the one who wanted boats sinking and who pops up regularly to spew more illiterate & ill informed garbage all over the place and act like a deeply unpleasant human being with a giant chip on his shoulder about everyone and everything.
Sounds like your talking about yourself.

Astute

Needs to be a balance though. If they tell everyone to go back to work but you can't go to pubs, restaurants, cinema, theatre, football etc thats going to be a tough sell for an extended amount of time.
Social distancing has been a difficult thing for some to understand.

The Tories need to get a firm grip on the situation. Those going back to work need to keep their distance. Hygiene should be a must and not just a polite request. Maybe bring in temperature testing on places that employ over a certain amount of people.

We have had the 2nd easiest lockdown rules in the EU. People can't complain that we haven't done enough then complain that we have rules that are too strict. If we don't keep on top of it the virus will just return and it will start over again.

Astute

Never doing that walk again, legs are like jelly now.
Just under 5 miles of hill walking as i got carried away and just kept going then realised how far i had gone.
Never seen so many happy, smiling people though. So many good vibes
I'm off.on a long walk sometime next week. Going to walk around the outside of the island I live on. Wanted to do it for years. It is 13 1/2 miles long. But is a much longer walk than 27 miles as nowhere near a straight line. Also two nature reserves that add distance. Would guess a total of 35 to 40 miles mainly on sand. And will hardly see anyone all day.

clint van damme

Social distancing has been a difficult thing for some to understand.

The Tories need to get a firm grip on the situation. Those going back to work need to keep their distance. Hygiene should be a must and not just a polite request. Maybe bring in temperature testing on places that employ over a certain amount of people.

We have had the 2nd easiest lockdown rules in the EU. People can't complain that we haven't done enough then complain that we have rules that are too strict. If we don't keep on top of it the virus will just return and it will start over again.

I've been working in a plant that normally has 100s of people working in it.
Last week there were 30 people in there maximum and no production running and social distancing was totally out of the window.
How they'll manage when everyone is back and production lines are running I don't know.

clint van damme

demand for new cars in UK down 97% in April compared to last April. Not surprising but still staggering.

Astute

I've been working in a plant that normally has 100s of people working in it.
Last week there were 30 people in there maximum and no production running and social distancing was totally out of the window.
How they'll manage when everyone is back and production lines are running I don't know.
About 500 work at my plant. If we can't keep 6 ft apart the job stops. It doesn't restart until we can work out some kind of solution. Mechanical aids have made a lot if 2 man jobs a 1 man job previously. We are now back up to full production even after a lot are off work as they have or a family member has underlying health issues. And the measures put in place are much stricter than the government seems to be suggesting.

Is the problem at your place a lack of space, the kind of work you do or is it just a management thing?

Users who are viewing this thread