Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (25 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 4439

Fair enough I respect your opinion, I have the opposite opinion though, as do many many members of my family who live there!

Well in fairness you can hardly call out own NHS excellent though appreciate that experiences all differ.

Grendel

Funnily enough the same as Italy were seeing up to the first 1000 at which point it exploded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s nothing like Italy our first reported case was actually before them and we manage far better to identify those with the infection. They had another 2,000 today and that’s still around 25% increase

shmmeee

Will be over a thousand tomorrow. At current rates that 4/5k this time next week and over 10k early the week after. Still on course for Italy numbers...

Reactions: PVA

djr8369

It’s nothing like Italy our first reported case was actually before them and we manage far better to identify those with the infection. They had another 2,000 today and that’s still around 25% increase

I explained this yesterday. Their cases took off sooner and we only had a handful for a couple of weeks. We’re now on a growth curve that will take us to their numbers in around a week if it doesn’t slow down.

They had 2000 today? So their growth rate is ~13% and ours is ~25%.

djr8369

You can't really say that with any accuracy as the levels of testing are so different between countries.

Yeah it’s tricky. Even if you take testing numbers into account there are different testing profiles. Some countries only those in hospital, some at airports etc.

shmmeee

I explained this yesterday. Their cases took off sooner and we only had a handful for a couple of weeks. We’re now on a growth curve that will take us to their numbers in around a week if it doesn’t slow down.

More like 2.5k, which is 20% ish

Grendel

No the growth rate is 22%

jordan210

If we can't win the league can we at least win the Corona leagues?

Thats worth an automatic Prem places and a spot in Europe.

For example if the cancel the league. What happens to Bolton. Surely they would have to have a points deduction again.

CCFCSteve

Official confirmed numbers are kind of irrelevant now as they said yesterday actual numbers are probably somewhere between 5k-10k already, could be a lot more I’m guessing and no doubt a load that have had it without even knowing.

Key is protecting the elderly and those with pre existing respiratory conditions and therefore minimising the number of severe/hospitalised cases

Grendel

Are you now accepting we have similar growth rates after arguing against it yesterday?

No I’m saying the rate of climb here is very different due to better containment which has yielded much lower numbers. No one seems to acknowledge that most health experts are fairly consistent that containment is largely impossible and that all that can be done is to manage health services for those who need it and that 90% of those infected will not even be troubled by it. In the end global containment is impossible and people cannot build up immunity without significant infection - no one can answer why school closures is good it’s an horrendous strategy

Grendel

Official confirmed numbers are kind of irrelevant now as they said yesterday we’re probably somewhere between 5k-10k already, probably a lot more I’m guessing and no doubt a load that have had it without even knowing.

Key is protecting the elderly and those with pre existing respiratory conditions and therefore minimising the number of severe/hospitalised cases

Exactly the official deaths from swine flu was 18,000 but in reality was more like 400,000 Italy will have at least 100,000 cases already

shmmeee

No I’m saying the rate of climb here is very different due to better containment which has yielded much lower numbers. No one seems to acknowledge that most health experts are fairly consistent that containment is largely impossible and that all that can be done is to manage health services for those who need it and that 90% of those infected will not even be troubled by it. In the end global containment is impossible and people cannot build up immunity without significant infection - no one can answer why school closures is good it’s an horrendous strategy

Who is saying to close schools?

djr8369

You’ve just said their rate is 22% and ours is about 25% based on the figures I just looked up so how is their rate of climb different?

Nobody is not acknowledging that containment is impossible just that our governments plan for it is different to anyone else.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread