Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (57 Viewers)

Jcap

It has a 6% mortality rate versus 1% or less in countries with a similar age demographic so either it’s health service is a disaster or there are other factors
NaIl on the head. Health service is a complete clusterfuck. Doubt they’re lying but equally I’m guessing they don’t really have a clue how many people have got it.

David O'Day

NaIl on the head. Health service is a complete clusterfuck. Doubt they’re lying but equally I’m guessing they don’t really have a clue how many people have got it.
The health service in those northern regions is really good but as over 80 percentage of the cases are there they really don't have a chance

Alkhen

If the void the season there will be all sorts of shit kicking off.

Yeah If they void it surely they would compensate teams with comfortable leads?

Id imagine if it came to a league vote the majority would say void it. Only the top few in each league would have anything to gain from continuing.

I am really fearing the worst. Would be so Cov

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Imagine telling Leeds they aren't going to. How many millions they would lose.

What about the player bonuses?

David O'Day

Yeah If they void it surely they would compensate teams with comfortable leads?

Id imagine if it came to a league vote the majority would say void it. Only the top and bottom few in each league would have anything to gain from continuing.

I am really fearing the worst. Would be so Cov
They really can't avoid it on a team vote, that would make it a legal slam dunk.

We are looking at potentially closed door games and if needed a suspension hit they won't void.

Jcap

The health service in those northern regions is really good but as over 80 percentage of the cases are there they really don't have a chance
It’s really not as good as everyone is led to believe. Italy has one of the worst health systems in Europe.

David O'Day

It’s really not as good as everyone is led to believe. Italy has one of the worst health systems in Europe.
I was led to believe it varies by region with the richer northern regions having better health care.

Jcap

I was led to believe it varies by region with the richer northern regions having better health care.
Relatively yes they’re better than their southern counterparts. In absolute terms compared with Western Europe it’s shite. Pity as Italy has some very gifted doctors but organised or efficient the health system is not.

SkyBlueDom26

We can’t stop it for a few weeks, we won’t peak until at least 10 weeks then it will still be bad, this is fucked like big time

David O'Day

Relatively yes they’re better than their southern counterparts. In absolute terms compared with Western Europe it’s shite. Pity as Italy has some very gifted doctors but organised or efficient the health system is not.
So in reality while it's horrendous what is happening in the hospitals of say Lombardy it would be worse if he centre if the outbreak was a southern region?

Brylowes

If the void the season there will be all sorts of shit kicking off.
If it spreads and progresses to the levels being talked about by many experts, then football and
sport in general will be the absolute least of most people’s Worries.
The NHS has been massively underfunded for years and now struggles to operate with chronic
staff Shortages and already looks on the brink of collapse.
I dread to think what it will look like if this Virus continues to spread and tighten its grip.

Governmac

Cancel Euro 2020 for a start. Cancel pre season tours. Cancel the international breaks in November and mid season breaks. In the UK write off the Community Shield and write off the League Cup for 1 Season and give the Europa position to the League position.
Also all 2 legged cup ties to be 1 off games, including CL qualification.
Move the transfer window to be later in the year, so September to end of October.

All of those would save loads of time and allow for this season to be finished and then next season to keep its integrity as much as possible - and everyone would know prior to it starting.

David O'Day

If it spreads and progresses to the levels being talked about by many experts, then football and
sport in general will be the absolute least of most people’s Worries.
The NHS has been massively underfunded for years and now struggles to operate with chronic
staff Shortages and already looks on the brink of collapse.
I dread to think what it will look like if this Virus continues to spread and tighten its grip.
Which experts are these out of interest? Most I've seen still seem confident the uk can delay and flatten the peak. There are a few outliers but as the deputy cmo Jenny Harries said they are not in a position to know most of the current data.

Londonccfcfan

Common sense will surely prevail, no need panic about season being voided after more than 75% of the games have been played.

That will surely be last option.

SkyBlueDom26

It'll be bad but the planning seems to be working to delay and flatten the peak
I know mate I hope you are right but I’ve got a bad feeling it could spiral out of control, we have 500 odd cases confirmed yet 5-10k infected?!?! It seems like nobody has a clue on numbers.... think this one that’s going to run with at least 80% getting it

David O'Day

I know mate I hope you are right but I’ve got a bad feeling it could spiral out of control, we have 500 odd cases confirmed yet 5-10k infected?!?! It seems like nobody has a clue on numbers.... think this one that’s going to run with at least 80% getting it
No one does in this as most will not even know they have it. If you remember the 2009 pandemic the NHS stopped even trying to test. You answer a few questions online and sent someone else to pick up your tamiflu

Brylowes

Which experts are these out of interest? Most I've seen still seem confident the uk can delay and flatten the peak. There are a few outliers but as the deputy cmo Jenny Harries said they are not in a position to know most of the current data.
It’s a fast moving thing isn’t it , only a few days ago on this thread people were Talking
like it was being massively hyped and was basically a bad cold, the rhetoric on here
Has massively changed.
How bad do you think it would have to get here to bring the NHS to its knees ?
I don’t think it would have to be catastrophic levels for this to be the case.

Londonccfcfan

How about work out how many games can safely be played then use something akin to the Duckworth-Lewis method used in cricket?
That system was flawed and crap for the first 20 years of use.

This is the EFL we are talking about, completely useless and incompetent need to find answers in days/weeks.

SkyBlueDom26

Tbh looking around us, we either go the South Korea/China route of mass testing which is working or the Italy route which has spiralled out of control... we are worryingly heading for the latter

covcity4life

My worry is trestment for other stuff on nhs. Wikl they turn around and say sorry no more till we sort corona. We need all hands on deck etc

SeaSeeEffCee

Talk that the Germans may just void the league title and not relegate anyone, instead just promoting and having a larger top division. Would possibly be a solution here but would take some logistics to sort out getting the Prem back down to 20 the year after. Although it has already been done once before.

David O'Day

It’s a fast moving thing isn’t it , only a few days ago on this thread people were Talking
like it was being massively hyped and was basically a bad cold, the rhetoric on here
Has massively changed.
How bad do you think it would have to get here to bring the NHS to its knees ?
I don’t think it would have to be catastrophic levels for this to be the case.
I asked who was saying it was looking like it would get that bad.

It would take a spike like italy to knock the NHS on its arse but that is why the plan is to flatten the peak meaning while it maybe around for longer it doesn't all happen at once.

Users who are viewing this thread