Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (38 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

it's way past that. Hancock should have stayed in isolation he's a fucking cretin. Someone should draw a face on a weetabix and given it his job it couldn't be any worse.

Whether or not Johnson has coronavirus, the clap or any other condition, the whole world knows he’s hiding. He does it every time.

Grendel

Hancock has coronavirus too.

do the rest of the government have it? What makes the Scots and the Welsh able to convene to discuss the biggest crisis in peace time?

The assemblies are restricted and sturgeon has tried and failed to introduce legislation that would have taken democracy back to pre Magna Carta days

Ring Of Steel

In fairness didn't Hancock announce he had it the same day, or day after Johnson, in which case why is he at the briefing? Also, it seemed his point was why can't he do a video address if he is chairing meetings that way (plus he announced the lock down via prerecorded video).

Hancock announced it within 2 hours of Johnson.

Just more bullshit.

Ring Of Steel

The assemblies are restricted and sturgeon has tried and failed to introduce legislation that would have taken democracy back to pre Magna Carta days

Jacob Rees Mogg stated that convening Parliament was non-essential.

seems pretty essential to me when your party is presiding over the biggest crisis since World War 2.

Warwickhunt

Seriously though I’d rather hear more detail about the challenges and plans than just soundbites and fudging/stock responses
We need to understand the National Health procurement process! If its outside the rules they dont even bother looking at the supply! It seems now that someone has got off his arse and told them to source anywhere they can from the UK producers long may it continue and carry on after this shite we are going through. We need to be more self sufficient in future. Did you also hear that He said the some of test pack we procured have failed testing 3 in 4 cases! wonder where they came from ????? do you think its the 1.5 million order?

Grendel

Jacob Rees Mogg stated that convening Parliament was non-essential.

seems pretty essential to me when your party is presiding over the biggest crisis since World War 2.

The welsh and Scottish assemblies aren’t open - what are you on about - they are just there to pass legislation with skeleton attendees

Warwickhunt

I heard that Dyson have delivered the first 30 Respirators into the NHS! Hope its more than that next week?

Ring Of Steel

Ring Of Steel

I heard that Dyson have delivered the first 30 Respirators into the NHS! Hope its more than that next week?

30, brilliant- now we just need the other few thousand. There are so many stats that show up this government for being clueless buffoons and clowns that that one often gets lost in the noise. Have a look how many other countries managed to get despite the “global shortage”

Edit- actually don’t, I forgot- “it’s too early to talk about this now”

CCFCSteve

I have doubts that Steve does actually believe them and it’s just undying loyalty to the Conservatives.

Haha, that also made me laugh. I said I thought it was a far more useful briefing. Of course I’m sceptical but they’ve made a massive rod for their own back (I’d have gone for a prudent figure of 50k), let’s see if they deliver. I’ve said previously (go back a week or so)?that the lack of NHS workers tests was unacceptable

CCFCSteve

30, brilliant- now we just need the other few thousand. There are so many stats that show up this government for being clueless buffoons and clowns that that one often gets lost in the noise. Have a look how many other countries managed to get despite the “global shortage”

Edit- actually don’t, I forgot- “it’s too early to talk about this now”

We are currently 75% of capacity as stated in the briefing. Let’s hope it stays that way

Grendel

CCFCSteve

Hancock announced it within 2 hours of Johnson.

Just more bullshit.

People do have different symptoms and recover at different times.

Right, however much I enjoy our bickering, I’ve got to do something else this evening, (life’s depressing enough at the moment to be stuck on here all night, no offence meant, you know what I mean)

Ring Of Steel

Right, however much I enjoy our bickering, I’ve got to do something else this evening, (life’s depressing enough at the moment to be stuck on here all night, no offence meant, you know what I mean)

yes, that’s Conservative alright, difficult questions & exit stage left on important business.

Grendel

yes, that’s Conservative alright, difficult questions & exit stage left on important business.

You haven’t answered any of the questions I asked you yesterday?

Grendel

oh dear deflector screens on full alert and Tony is liking it

I’ve asked you to provide evidence of the claim that the furlough scheme is a con and gov uk are actually telling people to lay workers off - evidence? People on here are relying on this and now may be distressed reading your post so this link of concrete evidence needs supplying immediately.

You today have obsessed about flights and when articles show it’s mostly cargo and repatriation you deny and put cargo in inverted commas. Can you tell me who is on these flights then please?

I’ve asked you to provide evidence of what the country you reside in - which DOES have flights going to does differently. Can you tell me please?

You have frequently said per capita of population is irrelevant so you can’t have put the US and UK differential just on that surely? You’ve said out health service and lack of ventilators and lack of early lockdown will have a catastrophic impact against other countries haven’t you? Given the US are well behind us in these areas the same applies against us doesn’t it? So a factor of 2 against population at least seems reasonable - can you tell me how you calculate this clear differential between the two countries

Thanks

Here are the questions

Johhny Blue

They should end the season now. Us and Rotherham are clearly the best two teams in the league and anyone not in the playoffs already probably aren’t good enough to win the playoffs either so just have the playoffs behind closed doors from the teams already in the playoffs.
But what about Sunderland?

Grendel

Here’s a link to the sitting of Scottish Parliament that took place yesterday, April 1st 2020 to discuss The Coronavirus situation. You just can’t seem to get anything right.

No it was a restricted parliament and was not a Q and A meeting of all politicians and as already stated Sturgeon has already tried to get absurd legislation passed in a restricted environment

As you don’t like avoiding answers can you start with my questions especially the accusation the furlough scheme is a scam

Link and evidence please

Grendel

Added to that, it’s not 10,000 people, it’s under 10,000 tests, I will dig out where I saw it but it’s much lower amounts of people than that as some are tested twice.

Can you also provide a link to the claim regarding the furlough scheme please? Cheers

clint van damme

Added to that, it’s not 10,000 people, it’s under 10,000 tests, I will dig out where I saw it but it’s much lower amounts of people than that as some are tested twice.

I think if you're displaying symptoms and the first test is negative you need to be tested 3 or 4 days later before you can be given the all clear.
I heard a GP on the radio and they had to wait for the two negative tests before they could return to work.

djr8369

But your recovery has nothing to do with isolation time which is dictated by when your symptoms were first detected. Hancock is going against the advice.

Ring Of Steel

yes it’s right- of total tests of about 10,000, only 7,000 people were tested, some of whom were tested twice. Makes it look even worse when you strip away the lies and deceit, and it looked disastrous anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread