Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (37 Viewers)

SkyBlueCharlie9

Government should have absolutely been aware of this - this documentary produced by BBC aired on 22 Mar 2018. Hindsight is easy yes but Government have fcuked up big style, if they had listened to Scientists. However last few years with ranting styles of idiots like Trump & Boris shout 'fake news' now mean its rife for unqualified celebrities/journalists/politicians and the man in the street to know better than experts .... BBC iPlayer - Contagion: The BBC Four Pandemic .. The Tory focus on austerity of the Public Sector and obsession with Brexit in last few years has massively backfired. Its a crying shame.

Flying Fokker

Government spending 75 million on bringing people home.

I'm sure there are many people that are genuinely trapped and have been trying to get home for a while, but I'm not being funny, this has been going on for months.

I don't feel sorry for a backpacker in the Philippines who was getting pissed and couldn't be arsed to come home. There must be a hell of a lot of people that were being irresponsible and now we have to shell out more for it.
Some of them couldn’t wait to get away. Oh well. I hope they pay for their fares home. There are a lot of people taking a hit over here so why not?

Flying Fokker

I know of an elderly man who has just died of Coronavirus in Burton-on Trent. Liver, kidney sepsis corona.

it’s so sad for the relatives who had to say goodbye yesterday. Died on his own this morning.

clint van damme

Figures are up to 5pm the day before. So this is Sun 5 - Mon 5 today. Monday is Sat-Sun and so on.

The theory I have, though aware those better in the know like @MalcSB disagree, is that for various reasons numbers are lower at the weekend. Which is quite normal in a lot of datasets.

there were deaths from the 16th in Sundays figures. I was reading an article yesterday which explained why there's a whole raft of reasons for the lag.

shmmeee

there were deaths from the 16th in Sundays figures. I was reading an article yesterday which explained why there's a whole raft of reasons for the lag.

I’d like to read that if you’ve got a link. I think there’s lots of reasons for noise throughout TBF.

Sick Boy

Italy:
Deaths: 837
Positives: 2107
Recovered: 1109

As you can see the reporting of 4,000 odd new cases in the UK media yesterday was not correct, the figure they were quoting is these combined, so very misleading.

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

Great news on the positives, lowest since March 12th I think.. deaths horrific.. but makes sense.

Feels so shit talking about people dying in those terms.

So... am I right in saying that the deaths are going to increase in Italy now due to the time lag following the huge spike in new cases that were recorded there? And as new cases slows down a bit, deaths will also slow down a few days after?

Liquid Gold

For those who don't like the log graphs, here's a good place to get the daily numbers & trends
Italy Coronavirus: 105,792 Cases and 12,428 Deaths - Worldometer
This data doesn't really count for anything until we can get something out to the wider population to test for antibodies and get a more accurate picture.

I've got a friend that's pranging about it because she has heart problems, it would send her over the edge if she looked at a 93% fatality rate in the UK when in reality it's going to be nothing like that.

Ring Of Steel

This data doesn't really count for anything until we can get something out to the wider population to test for antibodies and get a more accurate picture.

I've got a friend that's pranging about it because she has heart problems, it would send her over the edge if she looked at a 93% fatality rate in the UK when in reality it's going to be nothing like that.

Yes, you are right. I just look at it to see the daily movement in new cases really, I can never remember the previous days by the time the new data gets released.

Liquid Gold

Users who are viewing this thread