Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (35 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Uk not releasing critical case numbers is scandalous. Criticise China but we should expect more of our own

David O'Day

Just watching the news now their expecting 3-6 months potentially longer
Really Dr Jenny Harries just said while thinks are changing all the time she still heksopes the original projection if 12 weeks 2 weeks ago us still correct

Grendel

Sounded it to me their hoping for 3 to 6 months and even then it’s gonna be slowly getting back to normal.

No they said that the optimistic view is the current restrictions will by two weeks have an effect and there will be a gradual loosening of restrictions at that point and it will be up to 6 months before all restrictions are lifted

cc84cov

No they said that the optimistic view is the current restrictions will by two weeks have an effect and there will be a gradual loosening of restrictions at that point and it will be up to 6 months before all restrictions are lifted

I think we can add 3 months minimum onto what ever they say mate I think the year is pretty much a write off

Grendel

I think we can add 3 months minimum onto what ever they say mate I think the year is pretty much a write off

She rapidly retreated from her badly worded response when challenged on it

David O'Day

She rapidly retreated from her badly worded response when challenged on it
Yeah she said it would be 3 to 6 months before they know if the restrictions had the desired effect to squash the outbreak not that we were heading for 3 to 6 months of restrictions

djr8369

Yeah she said it would be 3 to 6 months before they know if the restrictions had the desired effect to squash the outbreak not that we were heading for 3 to 6 months of restrictions

So possibly longer than 3-6 months of some restrictions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djr8369

At least they’re starting to give people a realistic timeline. I think some of the previous communication has left some people with a false hope it will pretty blow over in a few weeks.

Grendel

At least they’re starting to give people a realistic timeline. I think some of the previous communication has left some people with a false hope it will pretty blow over in a few weeks.

No they haven’t and the person who said this wasn’t a government policy maker and wound back quickly on the response. The economy cannot fully lockdown for 6 months at that point we’d be best taking our chances

djr8369

No they haven’t and the person who said this wasn’t a government policy maker and wound back quickly on the response. The economy cannot fully lockdown for 6 months at that point we’d be best taking our chances

They haven’t what? Economy isn’t fully lockdown, many are still working or working from home. And in that 6 months lockdown would get less stringent anyway while maintaining some social distancing.

Sorry, what point are you making?

Grendel

They haven’t what? Economy isn’t fully lockdown, many are still working or working from home. And in that 6 months lockdown would get less stringent anyway while maintaining some social distancing.

Sorry, what point are you making?

They haven’t said that these restrictions will last at all and the economy is pretty much lockdown even if you are working

Grendel

Ah so the time for political point scoring is NOW. How long does this window last for?

It’s a guardian article. Interesting it suggests France are lying about the amount if deaths

djr8369

They haven’t said that these restrictions will last at all and the economy is pretty much lockdown even if you are working

You said above they said the restrictions will be gradually loosened with some remaining for up to 6 months?

Ring Of Steel

Ah so the time for political point scoring is NOW. How long does this window last for?

That’s what it’s all about, we seem to now have the holy trinity of Coventrian, grendel and that Tom guy, for whom it’s all about proving that the sun hasn’t set on the Empire just yet.

Ring Of Steel

True. From where I am it seems like a good job is being done now after that horrendous start. Some straight facts will help as well.

Over here is struggling- being made patently clear that if you contract it now there probably won’t be a bed for you, so police are out patrolling sending people home. Where I live the population is about 200, mostly farmers, so I’m not sure what the coppers think they’ll be doing apart from ploughing fields & spreading shit all over the place

Grendel

You said above they said the restrictions will be gradually loosened with some remaining for up to 6 months?

The person was not a member of the government and clearly you can relax things such as alliw gatherings up to so many open pubs with maximum amounts allowed in etc

TomRad85

That’s what it’s all about, we seem to now have the holy trinity of Coventrian, grendel and that Tom guy, for whom it’s all about proving that the sun hasn’t set on the Empire just yet.
Not at all. Just thought the chat could do with an injection of a reality. Fed up of watching everyone pussyfoot around criticising China.. that's all.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Even in 40 years there will still be those so obsessed with the EU that they’ll still be ranting about it.

Im quoting an article from the Guardian not the Daily Mail.

djr8369

The person was not a member of the government and clearly you can relax things such as alliw gatherings up to so many open pubs with maximum amounts allowed in etc

One of the experts advising the government though and we’re constantly reminded that they will be following the science so her words seem a reasonable guide.

Yes clearly they can be relaxed but you said there’s no indication they will last. I’m just trying to establish what was said.

Ring Of Steel

Not at all. Just thought the chat could do with an injection of a reality. Fed up of watching everyone pussyfoot around criticising China.. that's all.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’m happy to criticise them, just not overly keen on the whole Cultural Supremacy stuff, that’s all.

Ring Of Steel

Everyone is Lying about death numbers etc 100%

you know you’re right. China, U.K., EU, USA- I’m not convinced any of these bodies are renowned for their absolute truthfulness. So people need to get down out of their ivory towers and when this is over start to demand serious changes to how we all live our lives.

Users who are viewing this thread