Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (31 Viewers)

shmmeee

I didn’t say that. I said the Italy curve - how’s it looking today - more of a humpback bridge?

If there is an outbreak in the south, it could be bimodal, two overlapping humps. Is there a breakdown of North v South deaths over time anywhere?

Grendel

If there is an outbreak in the south, it could be bimodal, two overlapping humps. Is there a breakdown of North v South deaths over time anywhere?

From a uk perspective the key to me is how many are in London and how much escalation is there. No one - including Khan - want to face the inevitable that London should be locked down and really should have been a week ago

djr8369

From a uk perspective the key to me is how many are in London and how much escalation is there. No one - including Khan - want to face the inevitable that London should be locked down and really should have been a week ago

I can’t understand why they didn’t stagger the lockdown starting with London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Yeah, though my worry is London involves people from everywhere coming in and out, you can’t shut down finance, government, plus essential services so there’s always going to be a lot of people and movement (another reason to decentralise the economy: resilience). But agreed that far more than has been done needs doing.

Grendel

I can’t understand why they didn’t stagger the lockdown starting with London.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one whatever their political persuasion would want it

Astute

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hopefully Boris can recover quickly and carry on becoming a great PM

giphy.gif

Not seen that film

giphy.gif

Magwitch

My thoughts are with Italy. The amount of new cases continuing is frightening.

Makes you wonder how bad it really is here.
Well the fact we are building temporary hospitals in London, Birmingham and Manchester, all three holding thousands of patients might tell us.

Somerset Sky Blue

IMF saying that we are now in recession and it will be longer and deeper than in 2009.

quite the good news day...

Looking for positives... if the police now have the power to break up groups, how about they start with Coldplay :)
I'm hoping IMF said we are heading for a
recession, as it requires two successive quarters of negative growth. Of course, most major nation's will go into recession during 2020!

NortonSkyBlue

I'm hoping IMF said we are heading for a
recession, as it requires two successive quarters of negative growth. Of course, most major nation's will go into recession during 2020!
I would be very surprised if it wasn't a global depression.m
Not enough liquidity in the general population to pull through this situation and government bail outs stopping all post virus stimulus funds.
I wonder if the U.K. Population will regenerate itself or implode?

clint van damme

I actually thing it might help us post Brexit in that the whole world will be in a unique economical position and not just us

Im also certain that Johnson or anyone else will dare put up the NHS as part of a US trade deal no matter how much pressure trump and his cronies put on them

Main thing now though is get through this with the least deaths possible

David O'Day

The 21 year old from the other day was not coronavirus related, the coroner listed it as coronavirus related as she had a cough. The cause was tragically a heart attack and no coronavirus test was administered.

fernandopartridge

This time the very wealthy are going to have to take the hit, that's why I cringe seeing the chancellor propping up companies often owned by the various type of funds that just extract money from the real economy. Investing isn't risk free and they need to learn that lesson.

David O'Day

I actually thing it might help us post Brexit in that the whole world will be in a unique economical position and not just us

Im also certain that Johnson or anyone else will dare put up the NHS as part of a US trade deal no matter how much pressure trump and his cronies put on them

Main thing now though is get through this with the least deaths possible

The world will be ripe for an economic realignment now that posg 1979 neoliberalism has failed us so tragically.

shmmeee

Looks like three games a week behind closed doors to start is the preferred option but some don’t like it.

SlowerThanPlatt

As a one off 3 games over 5 days isn’t too bad to return to a normalish schedule. The Christmas period is the same and players would have had a month or two off

Brighton Sky Blue

This time the very wealthy are going to have to take the hit, that's why I cringe seeing the chancellor propping up companies often owned by the various type of funds that just extract money from the real economy. Investing isn't risk free and they need to learn that lesson.

Boeing have come out and said that they don't really need the money, but want it anyway. They'll probably get it too.

Astute

Worrying we’re having these new hospitals they must be expecting us to hit Italy numbers
It is good that they are planning for what could at least happen. But would expect it to happen in and around London.

fernandopartridge

It is good that they are planning for what could at least happen. But would expect it to happen in and around London.
I think any big city is at risk hence planning for similar in Birmingham and London. They really should have closed London off and now the rest of the country will pay for them not having done so.

David O'Day

Worrying we’re having these new hospitals they must be expecting us to hit Italy numbers
It's more contingency planning than the expect it to get as bad as italy. Iralies issue was the lack of ICU capacity. They are increasing this fir the NHS

Users who are viewing this thread