Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (38 Viewers)

cc84cov

because you will know if you have had it?
I get that Dom but how does it reduce things ? Maybe if people have had it they can isolate till it’s gone etc but in that case we will need huge numbers of them we won’t have anywhere near enough

SkyBlueDom26

I get that Dom but how does it reduce things ? Maybe if people have had it they can isolate till it’s gone etc but in that case we will need huge numbers of them we won’t have anywhere near enough
10s of millions will get ordered, be positive mate this is huge

David O'Day

It will help the nhs as you can confirm the virus they self isolated for was covid-19 and thus they don't need to isolate again if I'll.

Astute

I remember it- used to mess around with him when walking down the alley between Stanley Road & Osbourne Road, he'd be hanging out his window with music on & we'd be offering him out & acting stupid & he'd laugh along. I think it would have been 1990 or 1991.
You could be right as my memory is shocking these days. But 1991 would have meant we lost him at about 23. Sure he was younger.

Ring Of Steel

Incredible stat really- at this point at least quarter of the world's population is now on lockdown of some type.

And Trump has a rival for the position of most ridiculous position so far:

"Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has criticised the media for 'fear-mongering' and has called on mayors and governors to roll back restrictions they have introduced to curb the spread. "

clint van damme

You could be right as my memory is shocking these days. But 1991 would have meant we lost him at about 23. Sure he was younger.

91 wouldn't be far away. Perhaps a year out.
Edit: thinking on it it may have been a bit earlier than that

Brighton Sky Blue

Incredible stat really- at this point at least quarter of the world's population is now on lockdown of some type.

And Trump has a rival for the position of most ridiculous position so far:

"Brazil’s president Jair Bolsonaro has criticised the media for 'fear-mongering' and has called on mayors and governors to roll back restrictions they have introduced to curb the spread. "

Wait? Johnson is evolving! Johnson turned into Trump!

Wait? Trump is evolving! Trump turned into Bolsonaro!

Brighton Sky Blue

cc84cov

It is, but a couple of pinches of salt to take:

1. We need to be certain that you can't be reinfected

2. If it shows that large numbers have been infected and had no symptoms, do we continue to keep large numbers in lockdown?
Have they any idea if we can be reinfected yet ?

SkyBlueDom26

Professor Sharon Peacock, director of the National Infection Service at Public Health England, revealed on Wednesday that millions of such a test have been ordered and could be used "in the near future".

They would show whether an individual had antibodies for COVID-19 which, if they did, would mean they could return to work if they were not showing symptoms.

Evidence suggests people cannot catch coronavirus twice in quick succession, if they have already been infected and recovered, the government has said.

Brighton Sky Blue

Professor Sharon Peacock, director of the National Infection Service at Public Health England, revealed on Wednesday that millions of such a test have been ordered and could be used "in the near future".

They would show whether an individual had antibodies for COVID-19 which, if they did, would mean they could return to work if they were not showing symptoms.

Evidence suggests people cannot catch coronavirus twice in quick succession, if they have already been infected and recovered, the government has said.

Hmmm

fernandopartridge

If people can catch it twice we can’t make a vaccine and that’s a whole other ballgame.

I read something though that suggested it's a bit like our immunity to the common cold / flu, we're never fully immune but should be sufficiently for a reasonable enough period to get over the peak

Users who are viewing this thread