Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (40 Viewers)

Ring Of Steel

India on full lockdown now, if we thought we had issues enforcing it god only knows how they will get on. 1.3billion people to try and control.

skybluetony176

Anybody else had a text saying to stay in?

No idea how they got my number!!
I know someone who has a compromised immune system and hasn’t had either the text or a letter from the government but has had a text from Sainsbury’s saying as she is a vulnerable person she can have a delivery slot on Thursday as a priority. Go figure, having your status confirmed not by the government but by a supermarket.

Grendel

lol, I see you laying the bait here and above telling more lies. Just so you know- I find it amusing to watch sometimes but you're wasting your time with me.

So do you think it will just vanish?

NortonSkyBlue

There is nothing I’ve seen in any strategy that’s actually going to eliminate the virus at all. All medical healthcare systems all under the world let people die on economic grounds anyway. It does happen. What I cannot see is an endgame. This virus isn’t going away and never will be fully eliminated - if I get it and the outcome is I die I die but my children need a future that’s worth actually living for
That is an interesting post Grendel! If you can eliminate the old and infirm, non contributors to the pot, grabbers if you like, then your economy will actually benefit from the culling.
As people live longer in general, the loss is some old people can actually be seen as natural selection under the guise of a pandemic.
I would like to understand how Iran was the first country to really suffer after China unless it was a political consequence and how Italy and Spain have been so badly affected whereas Portugal is relatively calm, whereas the countries surrounding Iran are reporting much lower figures.
I have read much about the government inaction and how they much to answer for. I believe that is wrong. I believe that society in general has much to answer for.
The government is not there to stop people being selfish idiots nor is it there for telling society it must close businesses and putting the country into a depression.
Most people want to protect their civil rights and dictate their own destiny and the reality is most don't give a shit about this virus until it touches them directly and couldn't careless about shortages in shops until they can't get their supply of things that are normally so low on their list behind the beer, spirits and cigarettes.
What's needed is not being told what to do but being responsible for your own actions and listen to direction and advice. If not then society will find a way to break down on its own. Like this BBQ in Foleshill as an example, some people just won't be told. That is not politics it's stupidity.

tisza

Classy new twist. We've now got scammers calling up old people here from Belgian numbers claiming to be from Brussels/EU getting them to hand over details in order to receive "special" EU financial support.

djr8369

We have bought more time as our first cases actually were similar - the one thing we could have done is refused entry to anyone fro Italy and China and detained those here for a two week period -.unless countries ban travel its constantly going to recycle itself

It’s crazy people were going on holiday to Italy as late as they were. For me that’s the one big mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ring Of Steel

Don't know if this has gone up already, but interesting.

"Reports from Italy suggest researchers now believe there may be as many as 10 asymptomatic Coronavirus contractors for every 1 with symptoms. In other words people may not die in such large percentages as once thought, but the disease will be very difficult to contain. For those speaking English there’s already citation and link up on this on the Guardian Coronavirus live blog today."

steve cooper

HIV / AIDS was potentially worse than this, the only thing with that was that you had to exchange bodily fluids to transmit it, and it initially infected a much smaller social group. But it had an incredibly long incubation period, and early on the mortality rate was 100% or close to it. some of the younger posters on here probably can't remember too much about it in the early days, but people were going around saying and believing that it meant the end of human civilisation. It has been under control now for many years.

Ring Of Steel

HIV / AIDS was potentially worse than this, the only thing with that was that you had to exchange bodily fluids to transmit it, and it initially infected a much smaller social group. But it had an incredibly long incubation period, and early on the mortality rate was 100% or close to it. some of the younger posters on here probably can't remember too much about it in the early days, but people were going around saying and believing that it meant the end of human civilisation. It has been under control now for many years.

I am no expert but I did read that by using stem cell methods they can now cure HIV instead of just controlling.

shmmeee

Don't know if this has gone up already, but interesting.

"Reports from Italy suggest researchers now believe there may be as many as 10 asymptomatic Coronavirus contractors for every 1 with symptoms. In other words people may not die in such large percentages as once thought, but the disease will be very difficult to contain. For those speaking English there’s already citation and link up on this on the Guardian Coronavirus live blog today."

Surely you’d see this in the SK and German data when they’ve been pretty good at tracking and testing everyone.

87 deaths in the last 24 hours, 422 now.

What does that mean in terms of the trend, the 'curve' etc?

Highest daily total so far, still on exponential trend I think. Still on course to roughly double every 3/4 days which is where it’s been for a while.

clint van damme

but you couldn't spread aids by sneezing in the supermarket!

Ring Of Steel

Lots of graphs on here

Also lots of conflicting views as you'd expect- from what I can see yesterday was the highest individual day of testing with over 12,000 in the 24 hours.

Philosorapter

87 deaths in the last 24 hours, 422 now.

What does that mean in terms of the trend, the 'curve' etc?

I've been looking at this recently in terms of plane crashes and deaths. How many planes crashes a week in the UK would it take for you to be concerned with flying etc.

It's starting to get to that level now.

Ring Of Steel

I've been looking at this recently in terms of plane crashes and deaths. How many planes crashes a week in the UK would it take for you to be concerned with flying etc.

It's starting to get to that level now.

I know what you mean, however at least from my own point of view I was asking in order to understand the trajectory of it all.

wingy

Surely you’d see this in the SK and German data when they’ve been pretty good at tracking and testing everyone.

Highest daily total so far, still on exponential trend I think. Still on course to roughly double every 3/4 days which is where it’s been for a while.
It's there isn't it?

fernandopartridge

I know someone who has a compromised immune system and hasn’t had either the text or a letter from the government but has had a text from Sainsbury’s saying as she is a vulnerable person she can have a delivery slot on Thursday as a priority. Go figure, having your status confirmed not by the government but by a supermarket.

TBF Tony the information driving that does come from the government, more specifically my employer has obtained it for Sainsburys

Users who are viewing this thread