Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (29 Viewers)

Astute

Anybody else had a text saying to stay in?

No idea how they got my number!!
Got mine this morning. It is your network provider that is sending them out.

Liquid Gold

That is true. This is why we should not get to the 250 000 - 500 000 deaths.

It's about slowing down the spread of the virus. This has the knock on affect of slowing down deaths.
We know that. Also why you don’t need to go moralising on why it shouldn’t be acceptable to take that many deaths. Nobody is accepting it.

Astute

We haven't seen anything yet. We are a few weeks where a few other country's are. What these other country's do as the results from them will be a big signpost to what we do next.
Which is exactly what I have been saying. We are a week behind France.

I wonder if we bring out fines for ignoring directions that they will have to go up a few times or we start with bigger fines.

Astute

But when those restrictions come back those who have proven immune/vaccinated/ recovered won’t need to go into hiding.
That will be one of those decisions to be made later.

Maybe a white cross on your head if you haven't contracted the virus yet, red cross if you have it presently and no cross once you have got the antibodies.

shmmeee

Anybody else had a text saying to stay in?

No idea how they got my number!!

It’s from your mobile network on behalf of the government. The government decided against a mobile alert system like other countries a while ago I believe. Also means it’s all or nothing so they can’t send out location or user specific stuff.

Philosorapter

We know that. Also why you don’t need to go moralising on why it shouldn’t be acceptable to take that many deaths. Nobody is accepting it.

If anyone can dig out the Trump Tweet. I would say the idea is being thought about.

BackRoomRummermill

It’s from your mobile network on behalf of the government. The government decided against a mobile alert system like other countries a while ago I believe. Also means it’s all or nothing so they can’t send out location or user specific stuff.
This is what has been sent
GOV.UK CORONAVIRUS ALERT
New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.

Astute

The weather is great right now, suns out, warm weather. Typical!
Back at work in the morning. Won't get to see proper daylight for a few days. At least should find out when my next day off will be by the weekend. If we get the slightest symptom we have to isolate for 14 days. And that is without coming into contact with anyone who has it.

Philosorapter

We’re just haggling now though surely? 200k? 150k? 100k? Even the best case of 20k is a decision not to go as far as say China because of economic/libertarian/human rights concerns.

New York is worrying at the moment. Deaths are doubling there each day at the moment.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Im at work and im a it engineer at a hospital where i live, we have 19 covid patients, manager just came in to us there to set up portable tablets for dying patients so the can whatsapp their relatives at home its so sad.

wingy

Back at work in the morning. Won't get to see proper daylight for a few days. At least should find out when my next day off will be by the weekend. If we get the slightest symptom we have to isolate for 14 days. And that is without coming into contact with anyone who has it.
Decent advice.

Liquid Gold

Luckily Trump and all the American nut jobs get no say on what we do here. Let’s remember how unhinges they are and not give everything over to them after brexit yeah.

djr8369

We haven't seen anything yet. We are a few weeks where a few other country's are. What these other country's do next will be a big signpost to what we do next.

Being a few weeks behind other country's will save lives.

Well it’s an opportunity to save lives if you take action. The whole time it’s felt like we’ve been completely caught off guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

The problem is a lot of people are involved in the supply chains of essential industries or they just work for businesses that are making them come in anyway.

It isn’t essential workers only who are working and that’s not a stipulation

Ring Of Steel

Im at work and im a it engineer at a hospital where i live, we have 19 covid patients, manager just came in to us there to set up portable tablets for dying patients so the can whatsapp their relatives at home its so sad.

If you don't mind me asking- whereabouts are you?

Warwickhunt

Which is exactly what I have been saying. We are a week behind France.

I wonder if we bring out fines for ignoring directions that they will have to go up a few times or we start with bigger fines.
Let the Coventry Council deal out the fines! they will bankruot half the people in coventry LOL

Liquid Gold

We’re just haggling now though surely? 200k? 150k? 100k? Even the best case of 20k is a decision not to go as far as say China because of economic/libertarian/human rights concerns.
Not just that. If the economy tanks completely and we end up in another Great Depression then a load of people are going to die on top. I’m sure the haggling is about how we can keep deaths from the virus and from the economic impacts at a minimum. If it turns out full lockdown for 2 years is the only way of stopping it but that would kill 2 million (random figures obviously) then virus is not the worst of things.

shmmeee

This is what has been sent
GOV.UK CORONAVIRUS ALERT
New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.

Yeah everyone with a mobile connections got one, even my five year olds iPad.

Astute

I started watching an interview with him earlier and had to stop, it was excruciating.
I'm convinced he's part of some elaborate wind up and he's really Simon Bodkin or some similar gobshite.
Or some of them are happy to kill off the old so they don't have to pay pensions.

shmmeee

Not just that. If the economy tanks completely and we end up in another Great Depression then a load of people are going to die on top. I’m sure the haggling is about how we can keep deaths from the virus and from the economic impacts at a minimum. If it turns out full lockdown for 2 years is the only way of stopping it but that would kill 2 million (random figures obviously) then virus is not the worst of things.

You’d have to have one hell of an economic downturn to kill two million people! :D

Thought this was interesting and counterintuitive: Something Very Strange Happened To Death Rates In Europe During The 2008 Economic Crisis

Users who are viewing this thread