Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (35 Viewers)

clint van damme

Why listen to someone who just making stuff up. They have closed non essential shops but lots of other not key workers will gave to go to work tomorrow. I personally know a couple whose offices are still open.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I will be working until Friday and we're supposed to be moving a production line to another facility during Easter.

Off work today but got a call about it later. Be intersted to see whether the move is going ahead
The headache this must be giving my arseholes general manager is a sliver of light in a bad situation

Otis

Well, I just dropped the missus off at work and there were exactly the same amount of cars on the road as there were yesterday. And as last Friday and Thursday.and Wednesday.

Guess when I have been dropping my wife off every day for the last year or so, all the others on the road have all been key workers.

Who would have thunk it.

matesx

I drove up from Banbury to Cov this morning. (work in Holbrooks)

No noticeable difference in traffic whatsoever.

In fact M40 seemed busier if anything.

christonabike

You can still drive your car to visit family members who are vulnerable and lots of people still have to work. I shall still be using my car to go to work and take a break from the house. Im in my car im not breathing all over some fooker. Dont expect it to be like some film like "The day the earth stood still" as the countries biggest employer is the NHS and you have suppliers and delivery drivers even down to your pint of milk needs to be distributed.
Universities are sending all the pupils home to families etc and lots of people will be staying with family for the lockdown so lots of traffic is expected.
Everyone needs to chill.

David O'Day

You can still drive your car to visit family members who are vulnerable and lots of people still have to work. I shall still be using my car to go to work and take a break from the house. Im in my car im not breathing all over some fooker. Dont expect it to be like some film like "The day the earth stood still" as the countries biggest employer is the NHS and you have suppliers and delivery drivers even down to your pint of milk needs to be distributed.
Universities are sending all the pupils home to families etc and lots of people will be staying with family for the lockdown so lots of traffic is expected.
Everyone needs to chill.
This is right. It's not going to be 28 days later

David O'Day

I thought this had been debunked already and is about a year old and the woman is having lung problems from smoking.
Her family says it is real kastvu saw. But inhave my doubts as what he says does match the visible treatment

djr8369

The whole keyworker thing could be applied to pretty much most people if they wanted it to, surely?
Not a clue, its not clear on the government site, "HMRC will reimburse 80% of furloughed workers wage costs".

I really doubt that they will successfully set this up effectively. Of all the financial support they have announced how much will get to where it needs to be?

Otis

Everyone needs to chill.
The same amount of traffic though? The exact same amount after lots of lots of businesses have been told to shut down?

skybluetony176

What extensions do you mean?
Already happening in Northern Ireland where everyone has been given 12 months grace on an MOT. Nothing to do with Coronavirus either. It seems that the body in charge of inspecting MOT stations were so inept that when someone did it correctly the majority of MOT stations in Northern Ireland weren’t fit for purpose so they’ve all been closed for a nationwide refit and everyone gets 12months grace on their MOT.

PVA

Wetherspoons are refusing to pay their staff any money until they get it from the government, and Tim Martin is saying that his staff should work in supermarkets in the meantime to earn money.

He is an utter c**t.

PVA

Some Italian mayors have a few choice words for their citizens:

Massimiliano Presciutti, the mayor of Reggio Calabria, is angered that people are using their dogs as a poor excuse to leave their house for unnecessary reasons.

“Where the f*** are you all going? You and your dogs… which must have an inflamed prostate?” he said in a video circulating on social media.

Giuseppe Falcomatà, the mayor of Reggio Calabria, says he has approached people on the streets running with their dogs, advising them that “this isn’t a movie.”

“You are not Will Smith in ‘I Am Legend.’”

Although a majority of Italians are following orders to stay inside, police say they fined more than 40,000 people in the first week of the lockdown.

“Getting in mobile hairdressers? What the f*** is that for?” Antonio Tutolo, the mayor of Lucera said. “Who the f*** is supposed to even see you with your hair all done in a casket?”

“Do you understand the casket will be closed?” he said.

NorthernWisdom

Wetherspoons are refusing to pay their staff any money until they get it from the government, and Tim Martin is saying that his staff should work in supermarkets in the meantime to earn money.

He is an utter c**t.
In the meantime, the pub landlord who lives opposite my parents has just delivered a load of eggs, bread, and veg to them, and refused to take payment.

Won't name his pub yet so the masses don't descend looking for freebies ;) but he can go on the good list!

fernandopartridge

Terrible arent we for being more concerned about our health than fixing a load of cars for posh twats. The rest of the plant were already laid off.

Yeah, i wasn't criticising you i am 100% behind what you're doing. My cousin works at Lear and put a picture up on facebook yesterday of how close they all were on the lines there. It is a joke. No fucker is buying cars anywhere at the minute.

fernandopartridge

He is an utter c**t.

He's a fucking c**t isn't he? The first one to cry 'nanny state' whinge about taxes etc. Now wants the state to pay his employees wages. I hope after this people start thinking more broadly about their purchasing decisions and his pubs are fucking deserted.

BackRoomRummermill

He's a fucking c**t isn't he? The first one to cry 'nanny state' whinge about taxes etc. Now wants the state to pay his employees wages. I hope after this people start thinking more broadly about their purchasing decisions and his pubs are fucking deserted.

I don’t do spoons anymore it’s full of alcoholics , floor pissed stained and horsemeat burgers , I will leave the cabbages to furnish his pockets

tisza

The army will be on the streets by Friday 0500 , starting on London and certain hotspots. 100%
Army have been on the streets here since beginning of last week. Around key installations & 140 companies identified as being "key" (utilities, food distribution etc) placed under military umbrella.
real effect was a psychological one as public awareness of the seriousness of the situation is ramped up by seeing armoured vehicles at key junctions etc. Was a significant rise in "stay at homes" in Budapest almost immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread