Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (31 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

But Astute says you aren't allowed to go to work. Oh he is chatting whiff.
Well tbh making a fucking car is not an essential job so no he souldnt be working.
My job is none essential so have told my employers I wont be in tomorrow, fuck the money your health is more important.

People just need to do as they are told in these unprecedented times, fuck me it isn't hard to understand.
Stay at home !,,
Their are some real dumbfucks around.

David O'Day

So 2 things.

That was clear as mud and will likely still see large numbers on the tube tomorrow.

The government needs to make it more attractive for self employed people to.stay home. A full weeks pay or ssp isn't a battle the right thing will win.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Otis

Just thinking about the likes of Asda and Tesco and their larger stores they have

If all clothes and electrical shops and the likes of Primark, John Lewis and Debenhams are closed, isn't that just going to get people going to Asda and Tesco for clothing and electrical goods as well as for food?

Couldn't our supermarkets get even busier now if there are no delivery slots available for three weeks and there are no competitors for their non-food stuff?

David O'Day

Well tbh making a fucking car is not an essential job so no he souldnt be working.
My job is none essential so have told my employers I wont be in tomorrow, fuck the money your health is more important.

People just need to do as they are told in these unprecedented times, fuck me it isn't hard to understand.
Stay at home !,,
That's not the point was that non essential workers will ge forced to go to work by shitty employers tomorrow

David O'Day

Just thinking about the likes of Asda and Tesco and their larger stores they have

If all clothes and electrical shops and the likes of Primark, John Lewis and Debenhams are closed, isn't that just going to get people going to Asda and Tesco for clothing and electrical goods.

Couldn't our supermarkets get even busier now if there are no delivery slots available for three weeks and there are no competitors for their non-food stuff?
Hopefully online stores will remain open so they can go there instead. Argos is running low on slots though

Sick Boy

Stay at home !,,
Up until Friday of last week our office here had people still working in it (around 30% of workers), even now they’re trying to find a way to get around it, unbelievable.

BackRoomRummermill

In this situation the society trash will appear , you know the people that have never done a days work in their life and sponged off the tax payer or worked and not paid any tax , they will show and already have showed themselves , bleating absolute shameless parasite scum

PVA

It wasn't clear from the speech what is staying open and who can actually continue to work, but the official guidance on the government website says you can leave the house for:

"Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home."

So I'd say that means the majority of small private businesses will stay open and half the country will still be going to work.

David O'Day

In this situation the society trash will appear , you know the people that have never done a days work in their life and sponged off the tax payer or worked and not paid any tax , they will show and already have showed themselves , bleating absolute shameless parasite scum
You're a fucking charmer aren't you.

David O'Day

It wasn't clear from the speech what is staying open and who can actually continue to work, but the official guidance on the government website says you can leave the house for:

"Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home."

So I'd say that means the majority of small private businesses will stay open and half the country will still be going to work.
That is madness

Liquid Gold

They need to come up with a system to get the supermarket shopping more orderly. This panic buying is causing more panic buying, I'm starting to run low on supplies so will have to go within the next week and if it's chaos between now and then I'll end up buying more than I need and contributing to the problem.

How about people with a postcode ending in whatever letter can go on certain days, have to carry ID and can be refused service if you don't have it, split it into 7 then you can only go every 7 days.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Yeah it will do, I was doing it for about 10 days because the idea of working from home wasn’t seen as proper work. Tomorrow will be the first day where the company building has actually been shut. Unless it’s clearly stated and a law, businesses will continue to push it as much as possible.

The Great Eastern

They need to come up with a system to get the supermarket shopping more orderly. This panic buying is causing more panic buying, I'm starting to run low on supplies so will have to go within the next week and if it's chaos between now and then I'll end up buying more than I need and contributing to the problem.

How about people with a postcode ending in whatever number can go on certain days, have to carry ID and can be refused service if you don't have it, split it into 7 then you can only go every 7 days.
That's far too sensible a suggestion for this site !

Astute

If all clothes and electrical shops and the likes of Primark, John Lewis and Debenhams are closed, isn't that just going to get people going to Asda and Tesco for clothing and electrical goods as well as for food?

They will concentrate on food items for transportation. Warehouses will only hold urgent supplies. People are more interested in food than something to wear. And the government will most probably bring out rules on the matter. That is as long as it isn't Boris deciding.

CCFCSteve

So 2 things.

That was clear as mud and will likely still see large numbers on the tube tomorrow.

The government needs to make it more attractive for self employed people to.stay home. A full weeks pay or ssp isn't a battle the right thing will win.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Would be shocked if self employed aren’t addressed tomorrow

Otis

Hopefully online stores will remain open so they can go there instead. Argos is running low on slots though
Yup, but some people do still like to look at clothes and try them on and people are going to be fed up with so little to do. It's an excuse to get out the house and just say you are food shopping.

wingy

This is the biggest thing. Of course now it will be impossible to ever know what difference it would have made.
Probably time bought more than anything , but lives , unquestionably lives .
I think his own lot Will do for him when there is a window.
The state of unpreparedness of NHS with a two month warning .
Chaotic travel advice..
Communication cluster fuck.

Astute

What about all the places that have had to close or have closed through choice?

Lockdown will get tighter. If it isn't needed it will close.

I feel sorry for the self employed. Still not much news on help for them.

rob9872

So thanks to the idiots I now can't go to my caravan in the fresh air where we'd have spoken to only our family network, not on a site with club open, pool etc but could've nicely played football in the field with daughter. Instead we're stuck in tiny house crawling the walls and probably arguing with each other.

fernandopartridge

How about people with a postcode ending in whatever letter can go on certain days, have to carry ID and can be refused service if you don't have it, split it into 7 then you can only go every 7 days.

Yeah, i mentioned something like that but just can't see it being enforced.

Astute

So thanks to the idiots I now can't go to my caravan in the fresh air where we'd have spoken to only our family network, not on a site with club open, pool etc but could've nicely played football in the field with daughter. Instead we're stuck in tiny house crawling the walls and probably arguing with each other.
And this is just the start.

I have argued with the wife and we are not even in the same country. It has really got to her and she has a large garden for her and the kids. Feels bad about them not being able to go anywhere.

chiefdave

Up until Friday of last week our office here had people still working in it (around 30% of workers), even now they’re trying to find a way to get around it, unbelievable.
We've got plenty of clients doing the same. Seems to be very few companies that actually give a shit. Of the ones that have closed you get a suspicion that a decent percentage of them have done it because its more cost effective than staying open.

Liquid Gold

Yeah, i mentioned something like that but just can't see it being enforced.
Me neither but that will just end up with me either going out more often or to mroe places coming into contact with more people and making it more likely I contract/spread the virus before we even talk of bulk buying. They need to implement something which means people can get what they need as simply, quickly and safely as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread