Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (28 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

In fairness to G he's always said he is a libertarian. Anybody who is of that mindset will be opposed such measures. I happen to agree, I think the information from government has been contradictory or ambiguous at best so far. That should have been improved before invoking something really draconian. Also, the two year window is unnecessary and tells you about the no deal Brexit chaos planning which is also going on.

Saddlebrains

One thing I don’t understand is how the peak was 12 weeks away and now is only 2, is it because of how quick all of these tough measures have come in? When they would have been slowly brought in within 12 weeks

Good question this. I wonder the same.

However you wont get an answer because its not calling someone who reads a particular newspaper a prick

Ring Of Steel

Hahahahaha Peter Hitchens, what a surprise. The guys a contrarian imbecile.

lol , I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to note that- peas in a pod right there, both of them looking to always take the opposite view to get some attention and stay relevant.

SkyBlueDom26

However you wont get an answer because its not calling someone who reads a particular newspaper a prick
I think it’s because they planned to slowly bring in these measures over a 12 week period, I think where we are now is at around week 9/10 of where we would of been as the peak is 2 weeks away

fernandopartridge

Not sure where two weeks has come from unless they're assuming a big decrease in transmission rates, doesn't sound realistic. 12 weeks I suspect is closer to reality.

NorthernWisdom

Alright, every now and again I enter this thread, and wish I didn't. it often seems for holding a view that even slightly differs from certain posters I'll end up having to wade through the emotive claptrap and personalisation of it all.

Now fair's fair, and a c**t's a c**t, but on this subject, could we maybe try to stop it being such personal bollocks?

W

westcountry_skyblue

I see the lefties on here are still trying to political point score against Boris,Give the guy a break ffs.
Would that tramp in Islington do any better?
And yes they’ve both never had a proper job!!

shmmeee

Just saw the scenes on C4 news from a London flower market today and it was rammed. A flower market! Why the hell was it open in the first place?

It was open because it’s Mother’s Day and most of the stall holders will be self employed people banking on the money from Mother Day to make ends meet and haven’t been given any indication the government will support them otherwise. You can’t ask people to shut down their livelihood and not explain how they’ll live.

Last edited:

PVA

I see the lefties on here are still trying to political point score against Boris,Give the guy a break ffs.

You realise you're slating people for having a go at a politician... While having a go at another politician?

clint van damme

Doctors have said today they don't have the neccessary PPE.
After 10 years of Tory government who do you think is to blame and why do you think it shouldn't be mentioned?

tisza

I have huge compassion for human life and well being - I’m amazed you are so obsessed with state control - I’m sure this will make you very angry as well but read it and attempt to understand it

PETER HITCHENS: Is shutting down Britain REALLY the right answer? | Daily Mail Online
The option is unpalatable in most circumstances. But I don't see him offering alternatives apart from doing nothing and see what happens.
If people were universally following guidelines then the measures wouldn't be necessary. But obviously they're not.
It's not as if other countries are trying alternative strategies to gain an advantage.
It's fast becoming a global issue so most are going to suffer economic disadvantages.
Govts across the world (regardless of political hue) are looking at similar policies - just the time line isn't global due to the virus being at such different stages geographically.

clint van damme

The option is unpalatable in most circumstances. But I don't see him offering alternatives apart from doing nothing and see what happens.
If people were universally following guidelines then the measures wouldn't be necessary. But obviously they're not.
It's not as if other countries are trying alternative strategies to gain an advantage.
It's fast becoming a global issue so most are going to suffer economic disadvantages.
Govts across the world (regardless of political hue) are looking at similar policies - just the time line isn't global due to the virus being at such different stages geographically.

Yeah. To be fair to Johnson he's given.people the option to be responsible so he doesn't have to increase the severity of the measures and large swathes of the public have totally fucking ignored him.

Warwickhunt

Russia seems to be doing better against it!

SeaSeeEffCee

Weird how it’s never time to talk about politics when it’s right leaning policies that are influencing the situation eh...

Reactions: PVA

ccfc1234

Agree do they seriously think. Corbyn, McDonald and Dianne Abbott would be doing a better job in these unprecendented set of circumstances? If be nice if they could explain how.

This is a horrible time and one we need cross party working to get through this. I hope the left, right and centre ground politicians are being more measured and collaborative about things than some of the posters on here.

shmmeee

Agree do they seriously think. Corbyn, McDonald and Dianne Abbott would be doing a better job in these unprecendented set of circumstances? If be nice if they could explain how.

This is a horrible time and one we need cross party working to get through this. I hope the left, right and centre ground politicians are being more measured and collaborative about things than some of the posters on here.

Yes. Once you get outside Corbyns immediate circle the quality and experience available to Labour dwarfs the Conservatives post Boris’ purge.

clint van damme

It's not about these circumstances.
It's about NHS staff not having what they need because of 10 years of Tory rule.

What's difficult to grasp?

Users who are viewing this thread