Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (35 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

710,000 jabs today, the biggest daily total so far. Keep it going until the supplies go down and we can afford a bit of time below average.

Brylowes

Just spoke to my sister,A very qualified and respected senior nurse at UHCW and she reckons Boris has smashed it along with her colleagues agreeing about the roll out.
She was a remainer but now realises if we hadn’t left we’d be still scratching around for vaccines and would be bottom of the favoured list.
So if you are a remainer/still a remoaner be grateful of our government getting things done.
Still expecting the few/Many on here finding a positive of being an EU member.
Can you imagine If Gina Miller had got her way? Or Corbyn voted in and we’d remained?
Scary really.
Fancy another referendum now? I would think you’d get your arses kicked remoaners also cannot wait for that by election could be interesting up north which Starmer should win easily.
Anyway PUSB!!!
I find it very difficult to believe that any qualified or respected person would admit to knowing you.
:unsure: Including your sister.

shmmeee

Aren't those two separate things? I'm very much in favour of the right to protest and concern about the plans to remove it but for me that's entirely different to a restriction on public gatherings during a pandemic.

Courts have determined protest is legal and scientists have determined its safe sooo 🤷

It’sabatch87

I find it very difficult to believe that any qualified or respected person would admit to knowing you.
:unsure: Including your sister.
I think she knows a little bit more about the virus/Roll out than you pal as having had it and seen over the past year of how things have improved especially with the finding of the relatively cheap steroid which they use now.
Cheer up👍😆😁

David O'Day

Just spoke to my sister,A very qualified and respected senior nurse at UHCW and she reckons Boris has smashed it along with her colleagues agreeing about the roll out.
She was a remainer but now realises if we hadn’t left we’d be still scratching around for vaccines and would be bottom of the favoured list.
So if you are a remainer/still a remoaner be grateful of our government getting things done.
Still expecting the few/Many on here finding a positive of being an EU member.
Can you imagine If Gina Miller had got her way? Or Corbyn voted in and we’d remained?
Scary really.
Fancy another referendum now? I would think you’d get your arses kicked remoaners also cannot wait for that by election could be interesting up north which Starmer should win easily.
Anyway PUSB!!!

Why do you lie so much?

The whole sister nurse things is an obvious lie

Also Gina Miller won, she got her way. You keep mentioning her but don't actually know what she went to court for. Her case was that Parliament would have to vote on any Brexit deal and the SC agreed. Thusly she won, her court case was not about "stopping brexit"

shmmeee

Why do you lie so much?

Also Gina Miller won, she got her way. You keep mentioning her but don't actually know what she went to court for. Her case was that Parliament would have to vote on any Brexit deal and the SC agreed. Thusly she won, her court case was not about "stopping brexit"

Awww but he’s been told a story about the scary women taking his Brexit away.

It’sabatch87

Why do you lie so much?

No need to lie she trained at Walsgrave/UHCW 30+years ago started as a SEN and worked here way up through different roles and been all over the world in between through the armed forces.
I think she knows a tiny bit more than you👍😁

David O'Day

No need to lie she trained at Walsgrave/UHCW 30+years ago started as a SEN and worked here way up through different roles and been all over the world in between through the armed forces.
I think she knows a tiny bit more than you👍😁

Cool story, needs more dragons.

Maybe she would know more than me but she doesn't exist.

Grendel

Is David wearing his pearly king gear today while listening to Chas and Dave?

Brighton Sky Blue

Genuinely what is the point of getting everyone vaccinated if this is the future

We've got more now from Dr Mary Ramsay, the head of immunisation at Public Health England, who has told Andrew Marr some restrictions, such as social distancing and wearing a mask, could last for years.

“People have got used to those lower level restrictions now, and people can live with them, and the economy can still go on with those less severe restrictions in place."

“We are talking about quite a long period of time," says Dr Ramsay.

“So I think certainly for a few years, at least until other parts of the world are as well vaccinated as we are, and the numbers have come down everywhere - that is when we may be able to go very gradually back to a more normal situation.”

Asked about opening up big events, such as football matches, Dr Ramsay also says they will need "to be monitored very carefully" with some clear instructions about necessary restrictions in place.

She stresses it is “very important that we do not relax too quickly.”

The vaccine rollout means the chances of death and hospital admissions are much lower, but any circulating virus would inevitably pick up on anybody who is vulnerable.

“We have to look very carefully before any of these restrictions are lifted.”

Grendel

You been drinking again Graham? Been laughed at on the City page so you've come over here?

What you pretending to be today?

The only Sexton Blake is you me old geezer

baldy

I absolutely think this will be the case, I’ve long since given up hope of my business opening up again to a normal world, I just see endless restrictions and perpetual lockdowns.

And all for what? A virus that is 99% recoverable - absolutely shocking

Brighton Sky Blue

And all for what? A virus that is 99% recoverable - absolutely shocking

Supposing we get to the point where every adult is double jabbed by the autumn (or has at least been given the opportunity) and your probability of hospitalisation is very low, why still restrict everything? Many just won't bother to get jabs in such a case.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Supposing we get to the point where every adult is double jabbed by the autumn (or has at least been given the opportunity) and your probability of hospitalisation is very low, why still restrict everything? Many just won't bother to get jabs in such a case.
I'd still bother getting jabbed....in fact I have developed a little vaccine envy considering my age and potential condition....but after everyone's been jabbed twice, all the lockdown rules and laws can fuck right off.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd still bother getting jabbed....in fact I have developed a little vaccine envy considering my age and potential condition....but after everyone's been jabbed twice, all the lockdown rules and laws can fuck right off.

So have I, but many my age won't get one if they want to keep restrictions in place regardless.

chiefdave

Its not 'restrict everything', people need to move away from this all or nothing way of looking at things. Saying we may need to continue wearing facemasks on public transport or not ram as many people as possible into pubs and restaurants, to give a couple of examples, is nothing like saying we should keep the current level of restrictions in place.

What exactly did she say? Can't find the source but a lot of these type of articles seem to be taking quotes slightly out of context. I've seen similar 'restrictions will last for years' articles that are based around quotes where the person has been talking about the situation worldwide rather than here specifically.

Is there also an element here of the experts being concerned that Johnson has over promised, or at least that people have interpreted what has been said as give it a few weeks and we don't have to worry about covid anymore?

NorthernWisdom

Its not 'restrict everything', people need to move away from this all or nothing way of looking at things. Saying we may need to continue wearing facemasks on public transport or not ram as many people as possible into pubs and restaurants, to give a couple of examples, is nothing like saying we should keep the current level of restrictions in place.
Quite!

Brighton Sky Blue

What exactly did she say? Can't find the source but a lot of these type of articles seem to be taking quotes slightly out of context. I've seen similar 'restrictions will last for years' articles that are based around quotes where the person has been talking about the situation worldwide rather than here specifically.

Is there also an element here of the experts being concerned that Johnson has over promised, or at least that people have interpreted what has been said as give it a few weeks and we don't have to worry about covid anymore?

The article is here:

Covid: Masks and social distancing 'could last years' - BBC News

How much longer do we need to keep damaging hospitality?

Users who are viewing this thread