Coronavirus Thread (Off Topic, Politics) (7 Viewers)

Evo1883

Think about the plants you can get for your garden with the money you've saved!

giphy.gif

NorthernWisdom

They are of very very little risk of hospitalisations.
We'll ignore temporarily you complaining about qualified doctors and their assessments because they don't tally with your wishes...

319360-A_COVID-19_RiskForSevereDisease_Race_Age_2.18_p1.jpg

The analysis found the greatest number of severe cases, requiring hospitalisation, in people in their 50s (222 out of 790 cases), but once the researchers had adjusted for the fact that many milder cases will have gone undiagnosed, the hospitalisation rate is 8.2%, compared with an estimated 18.4% in the most at risk group, the over 80s (51 out of 76 cases before adjustment). 154 out of 743 people in their 40s had severe symptoms, whereas 133 out of 263 people in their 70s had severe symptoms, but the adjusted hospitalisation rates were again even wider apart than the bare numbers suggest: 4.3% for 40 to 49-year-olds compared with 16.6% for 70 to 79-year-olds. Of those in their 60s, 201 out of 560 cases were severe, whereas the adjusted hospitalisation rate was 11.8%.

And there has been a steep rise in the numbers of people in their mid-40s to mid-60s becoming seriously ill with Covid and being admitted to intensive care units.

Officials later confirmed that for the week commencing 28 December, NHS England figures show 4,848 under-55s were admitted to hospitals in England, out of 19,789 overall admissions. Figures for the preceding week also showed under-55s making up a quarter of admissions, they added.

FFS, just hold off your breathing over people and hugging them for a few weeks. One in 20 people hospitalised is quite a lot if you let something run unfettered.

Ian1779

Haha no response to an argument,So what about Miller,Corbyn and if we’d remained how would of the vaccine been sorted?
Any answers or are you still liking The merkel and macron way,It doesn’t matter how many die as long as we get re elected?
Leave would have won the second time round. You’re arguing with yourself.

Seamus1

I'm staying in Costa del tile hill this year I reckon... Might go away next year now
Fingers crossed that travel companies and airlines might still be in business. Not many would survive what would effectively be worse than 5 winters worth of revenue generation, as well as costs. Any that do survive will increase fares due to lack of competition and capacity.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We'll ignore temporarily you complaining about qualified doctors and their assessments because they don't tally with your wishes...

319360-A_COVID-19_RiskForSevereDisease_Race_Age_2.18_p1.jpg

FFS, just hold off your breathing over people and hugging them for a few weeks. One in 20 people hospitalised is quite a lot if you let something run unfettered.

I know you are one of the biggest lockdown lovers on here, and no doubt in a few weeks it'll be another few weeks.

Come on then expert. Tell me how many people in their 40s and below have died of Covid-19.

I'll wait.

skybluetony176

I know you are one of the biggest lockdown lovers on here, and no doubt in a few weeks it'll be another few weeks.

Come on then expert. Tell me how many people in their 40s and below have died of Covid-19.

I'll wait.
It’s not just those who died. It’s those left with long term health issues too. Many of who will ultimately have shortened lives due to the complications of of long Covid. Many of who will be a “burden” on the NHS for decades.
I was speaking to someone in the week who’s 27 year old son did well just to survive the initial illness but it’s done that much damage to his lungs it’s got serious implications for the rest of his life.
1 in 20 people who survive Covid are getting various degrees of long Covid and many of them will never fully recover.
Looking at death tolls is only part of the picture, especially where the strain on the NHS is concerned.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It’s not just those who died. It’s those left with long term health issues too. Many of who will ultimately have shortened lives due to the complications of of long Covid. Many of who will be a “burden” on the NHS for decades.
I was speaking to someone in the week who’s 27 year old son did well just to survive the initial illness but it’s done that much damage to his lungs it’s got serious implications for the rest of his life.
1 in 20 people who survive Covid are getting various degrees of long Covid and many of them will never fully recover.
Looking at death tolls is only part of the picture, especially where the strain on the NHS is concerned.

You're in the wrong job mate.

Liquid Gold

At some point we have to make the decision that the risk of covid in the population is low enough that we can live our lives and make the jump.

I think the Curren roadmap is reasonable given that it allows us to open a little more each time sand assess things before doing more.

We're not going to end up with a 0 covid world and if we get to the point where the NHS can manage any cases while performing all of its normal duties and it isn't ripping through people then I think we should be ok.

Just keep vaccinating.

NorthernWisdom

At some point we have to make the decision that the risk of covid in the population is low enough that we can live our lives and make the jump.

I think the Curren roadmap is reasonable given that it allows us to open a little more each time sand assess things before doing more.

We're not going to end up with a 0 covid world and if we get to the point where the NHS can manage any cases while performing all of its normal duties and it isn't ripping through people then I think we should be ok.

Just keep vaccinating.
Of course we're going to have to get to a stage. All this over 40s has echoes of the only old people at the beginning of this, however (which I'm ashamed to have gone along with). For the sake of a few weeks, when we've been hanging around for a year, it hardly seems the end of the world to continue to mask and distance.

Or, just make an age group feel like they don't count, because it's I'm alright Jack from either people who have been vaccinated, or people who are particularly young and don't care.

Remember, we need a general immunity for Covid to be suppressed anyway - *that* reduces the risk for just about everybody, and makes it down to flu.

Liquid Gold

Of course we're going to have to get to a stage. All this over 40s has echoes of the only old people at the beginning of this, however (which I'm ashamed to have gone along with). For the sake of a few weeks, when we've been hanging around for a year, it hardly seems the end of the world to continue to mask and distance.

Or, just make an age group feel like they don't count, because it's I'm alright Jack from either people who have been vaccinated, or people who are particularly young and don't care.

Remember, we need a general immunity for Covid to be suppressed anyway - *that* reduces the risk for just about everybody, and makes it down to flu.
I think when we get to allover 50s and all vulnerable vaccinated then that is the stage. I'm not saying this is you but you know full well if we did over 40s then some people would say we can't open up until 30s had been done.

We can open up and still vaccinate 40s which is what we should do.

Grendel

I think when we get to allover 50s and all vulnerable vaccinated then that is the stage. I'm not saying this is you but you know full well if we did over 40s then some people would say we can't open up until 30s had been done.

We can open up and still vaccinate 40s which is what we should do.

Most over 40's will be getting their jabs during May and June anyway I don't see the issue

stupot07

To be fair, even with a fully vaccinated society we're going to be encouraged to wear masks and socially distance for foreseeable future, it will probably become the norm now in shops, places of work, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Just keep vaccinating.
I think that’s absolutely where I am but things will always be different because of this year in a whole host of ways

Liquid Gold

I think that’s absolutely where I am but things will always be different because of this year in a whole host of ways
Yeah I agree, it's important not to be dogmatic about it but if things keep tracking the way they are I think it's completely reasonable to open up as scheduled.

TomRad85

To be fair, even with a fully vaccinated society we're going to be encouraged to wear masks and socially distance for foreseeable future, it will probably become the norm now in shops, places of work, etc.

What do you class as foreseeable future? Sounds like a paranoid hell to me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Haha no response to an argument,So what about Miller,Corbyn and if we’d remained how would of the vaccine been sorted?
Any answers or are you still liking The merkel and macron way,It doesn’t matter how many die as long as we get re elected?

You’re fighting shadows mate. Aside from the fact we started vaccinating inside the EU, the rest is media drivel designed to whip you up into a frenzy. Gina Millar didn’t try and overturn Brexit, Corbyn was a Brexiter and pushed for a soft Brexit strategy in Labour (and got it), there was never any serious chance of a second referendum. It’s scary stories told to you to keep you in line.

It’s done. We’re out. Get over it. You can’t keep harking back to 2016 for the rest of your life. You’ll just hand a bunch of politicians control over you. Think for yourself.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s my idea of hell sorry

Brighton Sky Blue

Like to get handsy with strangers eh?

Seriously though, what’s the big deal with masks?

I like seeing people’s faces for a start. We seem to be forgetting that we have lived with infectious disease for our whole existence as a species-deciding to permanently cover half our faces and avoid contact is not what I want to sign up for.

That and it will make my job harder for even longer

NorthernWisdom

Like to get handsy with strangers eh?

Seriously though, what’s the big deal with masks?
I don't get why, after a year when we should understand why we should all work to benefit one another, we seem reluctant to embrace *anything* from this!

I don't really have a problem with masks in public, and I reckon I don't get within two metres of my wife when we're out(!) I don't understand the issues!

stupot07

What do you class as foreseeable future? Sounds like a paranoid hell to me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Probably the next 12-18 months. They are pretty standard in a lot of south Asian countries in the big cities.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't get why, after a year when we should understand why we should all work to benefit one another, we seem reluctant to embrace *anything* from this!

I don't really have a problem with masks in public, and I reckon I don't get within two metres of my wife when we're out(!) I don't understand the issues!

I do when being outdoors renders transmission far less likely

Users who are viewing this thread