Coronavirus Isolation - TV Shows to Binge (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Wire
The Shield
Game Of Thrones (avoid last season)

Curb Your Enthusiasm
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Inside No.9
The Office

Great_Expectations

Game of Thrones is 73 hours of binge watching.

Think I’m going to give the Walking Dead a try....

Walking Dead will be a great binge show. The season before the last two is weaker, but stick with it and it gets really good again - the last and current series drew me right back in.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Will give miracle workers a go and might try CYE again , tried a few times with it but just couldn’t get into it

Otis

Walking Dead will be a great binge show. The season before the last two is weaker, but stick with it and it gets really good again - the last and current series drew me right back in.
I am not so sure it is. Does anyone really want to watch zombies, zombies, zombies, zombies? 10 seasons of zombies?

My daughter started to binge watch, loved it, but could watch no more after season 5. Too samey.

Great_Expectations

I am not so sure it is. Does anyone really want to watch zombies, zombies, zombies, zombies? 10 seasons of zombies?

My daughter started to binge watch, loved it, but could watch no more after season 5. Too samey.

Hard to discuss too much without spoilers, but after certain characters go it gives it a new life again. It’s worth sticking with.

To be fair though, I’ve never binged more than one series!

Otis

Hard to discuss too much without spoilers, but after certain characters go it gives it a new life again. It’s worth sticking with.

To be fair though, I’ve never binged more than one series!
I binged the first three and then caught up.

The characters and situations change slightly, but it still always ends up with an arrow or axe through the head.

Sometimes they kill zombies too.

clint van damme

Sopranos
Breaking Bad
The Wire
The Shield
Game Of Thrones (avoid last season)

Curb Your Enthusiasm
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Inside No.9
The Office

always surprises me when people don't put Boardwalk empire in among the first three mentioned, I think it's up there with the best of them. I actually rate it higher than the Wire and Breaking bad.
Loved the Wire but the last series got silly. Series 2 was superb.
Never watched an episode of GoT.

clint van damme

The Wire and The Shield are two of my favourites of all time. Fantastic TV.

loved the Shield, (hence my username), but think it sits just below the top tier of TV greatness.
I though the penultimate episode was unbelievable, one of those ones you keep thinking about for days after.

Otis

always surprises me when people don't put Boardwalk empire in among the first three mentioned, I think it's up there with the best of them. I actually rate it higher than the Wire and Breaking bad.
I never put Boardwalk Empire up there, because I have never seen it.

It's on my list though.

clint van damme

I never put Boardwalk Empire up there, because I have never seen it.

It's on my list though.

the one think I would say about it is the ending was rushed, an accusation that seems to have been thrown at several high profile series.
For all its controversy, I thought the Sopranos ending was brilliant.

fellatio_Martinez

I did enjoy Boardwalk Empire but it had severe pacing issues for me. One episode would be full on classic style gangster madness and then the next three episodes were about Nucky having issues with paperwork regarding a new road opening and really detailed but ultimately boring politics.

Then the last season was completely rushed and moved the story on 5-10 years because HBO axed it and only ordered one more season. They killed off one of my favourite characters,
Arnold Rothstein
, off screen with pretty much no reference made. Hours and hours of meticulous dialogue and storyline reduced to nothing.

It had some amazing episodes, great characters and the attention to detail was meticulous but ultimately it disappointed me so that's my reasoning for leaving it off.

fellatio_Martinez

loved the Shield, (hence my username), but think it sits just below the top tier of TV greatness.
I though the penultimate episode was unbelievable, one of those ones you keep thinking about for days after.

The only negative thing I can say about The Shield is that the first season is pretty much a formulaic cop show and can get a bit repetitive, which has put off people I've recommended it to.

It then goes on and grows into an outstanding show. People go on about Tony Soprano and Walter White, and rightly so, but Vic Mackey's character arc is just as fascinating and some of the moments in The Shield, the grenade in the car ect stand alongside the best of anything I've ever seen on TV.

It never lost it's edge and grew in quality and tension as it went on. You can't say that about many TV series.

Great_Expectations

I’ve also never seen Boardwalk Empire and even though I’ve always heard good things, for some reason I’ve never fancied it. Not always drawn to period tv shows.

Might end up giving it a go though.

Started War of the Worlds this evening, only watched one episode but seems a decent set up. It feels as though it could be a bit cheesy at times, but I like the premise and I like Gabriel Byrne so I’m sticking with it!

Liquid Gold

I must be the only person going that thinks Line fo Duty is a load of shite. Shaky camera ITV drama shit with terrible acting and all the clichés in the book. It comes across like a set up.

Otis

I must be the only person going that thinks Line fo Duty is a load of shite. Shaky camera ITV drama shit with terrible acting and all the clichés in the book. It comes across like a set up.
I love it. Ignore the plot holes. Find it thrilling and exciting and there is some excellent acting to be found. Lenny James, Keely Hawes, Thandie Newton, Stephen Graham. All great actors and all put in top performances.

Definitely has it's flaws, but great popcorn entertainment I find.

Otis

I’ve also never seen Boardwalk Empire and even though I’ve always heard good things, for some reason I’ve never fancied it. Not always drawn to period tv shows.

Might end up giving it a go though.

Started War of the Worlds this evening, only watched one episode but seems a decent set up. It feels as though it could be a bit cheesy at times, but I like the premise and I like Gabriel Byrne so I’m sticking with it!
I am enjoying it. Think it's pretty good. The one thing that annoys me with it is the aliens. The very, very noisy, mechanical plodding of the alien machines is not all in keeping with a seemingly very highly intelligent species.

They look cumbersome, awkward and frankly, not very scary at all.

Shame really. Besides that one gripe, I am enjoying it a lot.

clint van damme

One show I absolutely loved but I'm a bit loathe to recommend because it is incredibly slow is the Deuce created by David Simons of the Wire along with George Pelecanos.

Really enjoyed it. Defintiely wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea though.

Users who are viewing this thread