Contracts. (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Relies on the right free agent being available though... and comes with the same risk as any other new player.
You don't half chat some shit

shmmeee

You’ve got to factor in personality fit and understanding how we play as well TBF.

Cally Fedora

Don’t think people will be throwing money at O’Hare. ACL injuries aren’t great in terms of attracting interest. It’s harsh but it’s the way it is.

Greggs

Don’t think people will be throwing money at O’Hare. ACL injuries aren’t great in terms of attracting interest. It’s harsh but it’s the way it is.
How much did Newcastle pay for Callum 'dodgy knees' Wilson?

skybluecam

Would you be happy if we signed a free agent, on 25 grand a week, after he'd just had 18 months out?
No.

But Cal isn't a random free agent, he has relationships with the manager, players and fans and is generally settled. That takes a lot of the risks generally associated with new signings away.

Greggs

No.

But Cal isn't a random free agent, he has relationships with the manager, players and fans and is generally settled. That takes a lot of the risks generally associated with new signings away.
For 25 grand a week there are dozens and dozens of numbers 10s out there that could do a very good job, at much less risk. It's not like signing a striker, who would command a premium. As much as I want him to stay, I don't want us to fuck ourselves in the process.

skybluecam

For 25 grand a week there are dozens and dozens of numbers 10s out there that could do a very good job, at much less risk. It's not like signing a striker, who would command a premium. As much as I want him to stay, I don't want us to fuck ourselves in the process.
I don't think there are dozens and dozens of good quality championship 10s available and willing to sign for us on a free this summer. Certainly not less risky ones.

Greggs

I don't think there are dozens and dozens of good quality championship 10s available and willing to sign for us on a free this summer. Certainly not less risky ones.
Who says they have to be free? Even though O'Hare was free and Hamer cost a million quid, Sheaf a million quid etc etc......

Greggs

As soon as you have to pay a fee that eats into your wage budget... 1m over three years is suddenly £6-7k less a week you can offer. Hence my entire point about the total cost.
I bet you've got money invested in Crypto.

skybluecam

I bet you've got money invested in Crypto.

Go Fish Club GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Greggs

Point is, I would rather spend 4-5m on 3-4 years of O'Hare than try to replace him with that sum. Clearly you wouldn't, let's agree to disagree.
Depends if the asset has been severely damaged for the last 18 months....

SeshMouseSkyBlue

Hoping Sporting sell Gyok for the min fee release clause and we use that money to offer O’Hare an improved deal! Money we thought we’d never have so quick on the back of the original deal!

Users who are viewing this thread