Contracts. (1 Viewer)

Greggs

Who is out of contract in the summer? Moore, O'hare, Palmer?

skybluecam

Yeah, me too. It’s rubbish but hopefully we’ll get a couple of quid for him and buy a decent replacement.
We won’t get anything if he leaves in the summer…

I wouldn’t mind Doug dipping into the piggy bank and splurging a bit on a contract offer. As much for his status as a fan favourite as his football ability.

Nuskyblue

Where to? Listening to him on CWR driving home last night he loves being in the local area with his mates. I know money talks but I think if the offer is decent, he will stay.
Depends on his performances. He was all but off to Burnley before he got injured.

long way home

If he goes he will leave with the same level of respect and feeling towards him by fans that Hamer got and gets. He sounds a real good lad and someone who has always give his all to the team. It will not be an easy decision for him, but in my opinion he will get an offer that we will be unable to match.

We can probably offer a very good contract and guarantee playing time, but im not sure that will be enough. We just have to enjoy what he gives us now and hope we reach his ambition to be able to offer the contract his talent deserves. We have been lucky to have seen him grow and develop into a very special player he is.

Wish the lad every success no matter what his future holds.

Sick Boy

If he goes he will leave with the same level of respect and feeling towards him by fans that Hamer got and gets. He sounds a real good lad and someone who has always give his all to the team. It will not be an easy decision for him, but in my opinion he will get an offer that we will be unable to match.

We can probably offer a very good contract and guarantee playing time, but im not sure that will be enough. We just have to enjoy what he gives us now and hope we reach his ambition to be able to offer the contract his talent deserves. We have been lucky to have seen him grow and develop into a very special player he is.

Wish the lad every success no matter what his future holds.
I’d put him on par with Vik levels of respect rather than Hamer.

junglej13

Generally murmurings seem to indicate O'Hare will be off and sounds like Burnley were prepared to pretty much treble (or more) his wages here last summer. The one thing that may go in our favour with him having missed pretty much a years football is simply the fact he will play here.

Last edited:

Alkhen

I hope he stays, seems a nice lad. Big decision for him though. I'm sure we will offer a good deal to keep him but I reckon he could get a big payday elsewhere. Off the back of a couple of terrible injuries that would be hard to resist.

skybluecam

Generally murmurings seem to indicate O'Hare will be off and sounds like Burnley were prepared to pretty much treble (or more) his wages here last summer. The one thing that may go in our favour with him having missed pretty much a years football is simply the fact he will play here.
What’s he on?

Surely we could offer him a decent amount.

Alkhen

25+ is too much. I love O'Hare but we can't go offering him that sort of money after a year out injured.

There must be a way to structure a shorter term deal (1.5 years added?) with the proviso we look again a bigger wage boost in the summer or add an easier exit if a suitable offer comes in end of the season. Something that covers us for losing him for free but also covered him if he breaks down again but allows him to gain fitness and sharpness and prove his value.

I know Haji will be on a fair whack but that will always be the case with big money signings. O'Hare has had 1 good game after a year out.

shmmeee

Was specifically said by Mr Believer though, that the contracts he and Hamer signed were expressly with a view to somebody being flogged to pay for the others. Now tbf we have done the flogging, but how far upwards we have to go...?

Id argue if we’ve got £25k/wk to chuck at Haji Wright and we haven’t for O’Hare then Doug needs some budgeting lessons. £1.3M/year or £3.9m over three with the possibility of making more than that back. Frankly I’d rather spend that than £5m on a CM of those are the options.

NorthernWisdom

Id argue if we’ve got £25k/wk to chuck at Haji Wright and we haven’t for O’Hare then Doug needs some budgeting lessons. £1.3M/year or £3.9m over three with the possibility of making more than that back. Frankly I’d rather spend that than £5m on a CM of those are the options.
There's arguably more risk with O'Hare after a serious injury or two. Par to what he's currently on seems fair, maybe with some healthy performance related bonuses so if he stays fit he gets his rise as such, but it's a risk to give a wage rise just after a return from such a serious layoff.

skybluecam

25+ is too much. I love O'Hare but we can't go offering him that sort of money after a year out injured.

There must be a way to structure a shorter term deal (1.5 years added?) with the proviso we look again a bigger wage boost in the summer or add an easier exit if a suitable offer comes in end of the season. Something that covers us for losing him for free but also covered him if he breaks down again but allows him to gain fitness and sharpness and prove his value.

I know Haji will be on a fair whack but that will always be the case with big money signings. O'Hare has had 1 good game after a year out.
25k/w is 1.3m a year. £3.9m for 3 years or £5.2 for 4.

You think we can replace even his previous output for that sort of money (fee+wages)?

Greggs

25k/w is 1.3m a year. £3.9m for 3 years or £5.2 for 4.

You think we can replace even his previous output for that sort of money (fee+wages)?
25 grand a week would get you a lot, certainly wouldn't be happy if we signed a bloke who has just returned from 18 months out for that sort of money. Imagine the outrage.

skybluecam

25 grand a week would get you a lot, certainly wouldn't be happy if we signed a bloke who has just returned from 18 months out for that sort of money. Imagine the outrage.
Relies on the right free agent being available though... and comes with the same risk as any other new player.

Users who are viewing this thread