Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

Could McNulty get in the Sheff United team? Davies in the Pompey team? Kelly in the Leyton Orient team?

Stupid argument

McNulty got in the Pompey team who were at the top of our league and scored 1 in 3 at our level.

Kelly did get in the Orient team

Davies was brought in as backup from being backup in a side that won our division.

Stupid argument.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

All this talk about Chaplin and if he is worth buying or not we have Jordan Ponticelli in our squad who has a better ratio than both Chaplin and Mac on a smaller sample of games .Iif he had got a little run of games I think you will see he can do the job . Much as I am not a great fan of Biamou's the 2 up front could be a good combination . If Ponticelli get decent number of passes into the box he will convert the chances . I think Robin reluctance to play him regular is his age me I think the lad has got what it takes now

pfceggchaser

Coventry close in on Pompey’s Conor Chaplin

This despite

As said earlier, the fee is very close and it will mean we are satisfied that whatever you are paying us allows us to go and find that different kind of forward. Chaplin has long decided you are where he wants to play. He knows he's going to play for you and although Barnsley could maybe offer more money;

1) Bradshaw has to go
2) He'll have to get the promise of games which with Kieffer Moore and Mamadou Thiam still there isn't a guarantee.

You'll love him imo. Look after him.

vow

All this talk about Chaplin and if he is worth buying or not we have Jordan Ponticelli in our squad who has a better ratio than both Chaplin and Mac on a smaller sample of games .Iif he had got a little run of games I think you will see he can do the job . Much as I am not a great fan of Biamou's the 2 up front could be a good combination . If Ponticelli get decent number of passes into the box he will convert the chances . I think Robin reluctance to play him regular is his age me I think the lad has got what it takes now
For me, Ponti just looks too raw, a very rough diamond if u like, for now and should be sent on loan to get games.

Otis

Coventry close in on Pompey’s Conor Chaplin

This despite

As said earlier, the fee is very close and it will mean we are satisfied that whatever you are paying us allows us to go and find that different kind of forward. Chaplin has long decided you are where he wants to play. He knows he's going to play for you and although Barnsley could maybe offer more money;

1) Bradshaw has to go
2) He'll have to get the promise of games which with Kieffer Moore and Mamadou Thiam still there isn't a guarantee.

You'll love him imo. Look after him.

I'm organising a baby shower for him as we very speak.

Brighton Sky Blue

Every signing represents a risk and this is no different. If Robins is willing to pay a lot of money for Chaplin, then he clearly rates him and thinks he’ll get us goals. That’s his job after all and, as you say, his recruitment has been good thus far. Whilst I disagree with JCH being the exception, I’d say Vincenti and his loanees in January — but our points remain the same nonetheless. This particular transfer target seems like he’d be a decent signing, young and is perhaps in need of a club to take a chance like we did with McNulty. Either way, I trust Robins.

Reading has taken a risk on McNulty because L2 to Championship is a huge step up, hopefully, he’s more le Fondre than Cody McDonald. Personally, I’m not sure if McNulty would’ve hit over 15-17 goals this season and it’s certainly not a guarantee that Doidge or Eisa could make the step-up for the money they’d command. Some players just find their level.

My comment on JCH was about the summer dealings only, but yes seems we are making similar points. In an ideal world I'd prefer Eisa but if Cheltenham want silly money and don't have to sell them Robins is right to steer clear.

Lack of goals killed us in L1 and was an issue for most of last season even with McNulty. I have my concerns but MR is paid to make these decisions and will stand or fall by them.

covcity4life

Looks like it's happening

Reading pompeu fans thoughts on Twitter and they are gutted . One called him a PL level finisher

He's clearly gonna be good. But question is better than mcnulty? 20 goals thid season would be same as 28 last imo conaidering better league

skyblueinBaku

You are right about Ponti needing passes into the box. There is little or no point in playing him wide on the right which is what happened last season.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
As much as id love see ponti get a good chance for me he needs go to a league 2 team and get full season behind him show MR he deserves be in the first team, unless he has outstanding pre season and forces his way in then for me MR shouldnt waste time sending him out on loan, i dont want see ponti wasted on subs bench with bit appearances if we bring in CC

torchomatic

A 2+2=5 post but Chaplin is following Hyam, O'Brien and Tom Davies.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I'd bank the money and play ponti he will score goals at this level

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. When he has been given the chance he's usually been pretty underwhelming. We need to rely on more than Ponti. Would still personally only use him as a sub and in Cup games.

Greggs

I much prefer it when we announce a signing out of the blue. All these negotiations are tiresome!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

As much as id love see ponti get a good chance for me he needs go to a league 2 team and get full season behind him show MR he deserves be in the first team, unless he has outstanding pre season and forces his way in then for me MR shouldnt waste time sending him out on loan, i dont want see ponti wasted on subs bench with bit appearances if we bring in CC[/QUOTE}

Last season most of his time was spent on the wing instead of where he can do big damage centrally he only got the equivalent to 7 full games most time probably trying to save a game said before give the guy the ball anywhere in or near the goal and he will make the keeper earn his money . Don't loan him out.

Robin Fisher

When you support clubs like Pompey & Coventry there are more downs than ups, or so it would appear. I love football in general and I like a good old football natter but the two teams I really do care about are Pompey & England, and there is definitely more downs than ups with them two. I am writing this post just after we have lost in the semis at the World Cup and I am a little cheesed off to say the least and to top it off it seems Chaplin will be leaving our club, probably to you if he goes. Kenny Jackett is thinking of bringing in Mo Eisa who will cost £1.5 million so I would assume Chaplin will be forced out the door. The player himself will need to be convinced to leave because he has been at Pompey since he was 7 and loves the club and he will be gutted to leave. But he has talent and needs to be playing regularly and he will give you lot some excitement for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread