Conor Chaplin - Signing Confirmed (Finally!) (1 Viewer)

djr8369

I wonder how accurate this story is as it makes the McNulty transfer sound very likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordan210

On that article it makes out he isn't a starter for Pompey, why would Bristol be interested?

Just seen a few things with him being linked to them. Also the last person he followed on Twitter was Bristol. What sometimes is a give away.

MatthewWallis

Just seen a few things with him being linked to them. Also the last person he followed on Twitter was Bristol. What sometimes is a give away.

Also follows Willis too.

Not entirely convinced about him replacing McNulty to be honest

SkyBlueCRJ

Recently followed Bristol on Twitter but maybe terms haven't been agreed? Would be a real coup if we snatched him from Bristol at the 11th hour.

The only thing that concerns me is that, are we going to struggle to adequately replace McNulty? I don't want a repeat of the Mowbray disaster where we try and sign players that are essentially too good for us, then end up with an Andre Wright as a consequence.

Last edited by a moderator:

matesx

Recently followed Bristol on Twitter but maybe terms haven't been agreed? Would be a real coup if we snatched him from Bristol at the 11th hour.

The only thing that concerns me is that, are we going to struggling to adequately replace McNulty? I don't want a repeat of the Mowbray disaster where we try and sign players that are essentially too good for us, then end up with an Andre Wright as a consequence.

We got Ponti, Max and JCH just add Chaplin and Eisa ..... no dramas

stgeorge1966

Eisa is the one but doubtful SISU will give Robbins all the McNulty money so will be out of our reach as Cheltenham want 1.5m.

Also Peterborough want him and they will spend money

SkyBlueCRJ

Eisa is the one but doubtful SISU will give Robbins all the McNulty money so will be out of our reach as Cheltenham want 1.5m.

Also Peterborough want him and they will spend money

They've also received a £4.5m boost for the Jack Marriott sale so they could buy 3 Eisa's if it pleased them.

oucho

The only thing that concerns me is that, are we going to struggle to adequately replace McNulty? I don't want a repeat of the Mowbray disaster where we try and sign players that are essentially too good for us, then end up with an Andre Wright as a consequence.

Urgh, just reminded me of that whole clusterfuck. Wright, what an underwhelming signing...mm

mark82

5 in 26 in this division last season, career best is 8 in 30 in League Two...
Hard to get excited by that.

You have to take his age into account. You are buying the potential with someone like Chaplin. As long as it's accompanied by a more proven striker it would be a great move.

shmmeee

Sell your top scorer, buy a kid who can’t get into the Pompey team.

Glad to see we’re back to normal. Frankly the optimism was freaking me out.

Grendel

McNulty was being farmed out on loan when we signed him and also wasn’t a regular

shmmeee

McNulty was being farmed out on loan when we signed him and also wasn’t a regular

To teams in our division and above, by a top side in the division above.

He had a record of better than 1 in 3 for a team that was top of our league.

Are you just trolling as usual or are you that bad at comparisons?

Nick

Administrator

The top scorer who along with his agent is forcing a deal through?

Still, I bet it doesn't stop the outrage.

It's not as if McNulty snapped our hands off for the upgraded contract renewal was it?

higgs

He seemed to be committed last year but sounds like reading have tapped him up the agents have a lot to answer for they are ruining our game

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Must admit I don't know much about Chaplin. Were most of his goals last season off the bench?

KersleyDigs

Chaplin has 25 goals in 121 apps for Pompey. 85 of which were off the bench.....

That is actually not a bad ratio given his age. MR does seem to gst the best out of his strikers and it seems that Doyle really rates this kid....

Nick

Administrator
Watching that video he looks a bit like an Armstrong type player, seems pretty quick.

SkyBlueCRJ

The only think about Chaplin that worries me slightly is that he is about 5"6. He'll definitely need someone alongside him if he does sign otherwise MR might as well tell our wingers to never bother crossing.

covcity4life

He looks talented and I am sure robin's could get best out of him

I imagine this is the striker robin's wanted on top of current 4 anyway? Hopefully mcnukty will choose to stay. He could be same level as reading in just 1 year

Mucca Mad Boys

To teams in our division and above, by a top side in the division above.

He had a record of better than 1 in 3 for a team that was top of our league.

Are you just trolling as usual or are you that bad at comparisons?

He wasn’t part of the Portsmouth team that won the league, he was there when they in the playoffs.

5 in 26 in this division last season, career best is 8 in 30 in League Two...
Hard to get excited by that.

It's not a bad return considering he's been mainly been used as a substitute - he is only 21. His stats are from 31 starts, 73 substitute appearances. It could be a good signing.

Users who are viewing this thread