connor thomas (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Id be happy for him to leave and prove that he can be a decent player for someone else, but can't see it.

Would be happy for him to be released even for free if it meant releasing his wages to go for another player who will have a better chance of playing

Kingokings204

He's massively better than Ryan Haynes - it's you that dragged some ratings up to try and rubbish Chris Stokes wasn't it? He's also a player who will play more games than the non entity Bigiamara.

Yes to you I did. I like stokes just so you know. You are trying valiantly and admirably to defend CT and I don't wish harm on the guy and hope he proves me wrong for saying he is crap but the evidence is he is crap and he won't be missed.

ptr

I always like to see players like Thomas at least given a chance under a new manager especially as he's 'one of our own'. He was poor under previous managers but he had something there at one point for Liverpool to take him.

I reckon Mowbray will keep him around for now as the squad is thin. If vincelot or fleck are injured how much better is Morris than Thomas? Lawton is out on loan and don't think Finch is being considered by TM at all at the moment. Doesn't leave us with many options if we get rid of him.

junglej13

Complete shot in the dark this but I see Richie Wellens is talking to another club and Dickov claims a replacement is already lined up from their end. Could a swap deal be on the cards?

stevefloyd

If his confidence is shot he maybe needs a loan move away or something. . I dont think he really recovered from the Liverpool saga then he was thrown into the firing line by Presley etc . He needs an experienced head next to him to help him develop then we can maybe see some of the potential in him being released

CJ_covblaze

Shame it hasn't worked out for CT but he needs a new start. Gary Deegan didn't do his career any favours. If that hadn't happened along with the injury at Liverpool, who knows where Thomas would be now.

Covstu

I think everyone wanting him to be a success but the worst thing was this Liverpool interest which he could never live up to. He really added nothing to the squad but I don't think we ever found his best position.

best of luck to him but again that makes us one light in the midfield

pusbccfc

Was brilliant under Pressley before his injury at Rotherham.

He will go on and do well, and probably play at a higher level than us - just like so many others.

fernandopartridge

Thomas was very effective for a short time, his best performance that I saw was away at Wolves. He gets a lot of undeserved criticism.

Kilclines curly mullet

Had an excellent few months under Pressley at the time when the team were scoring for fun. Confidence was high and I think that reflected in his performances. Agree with a previous comment regarding Rotherham away and has not been the same player since (granted less opportunity). last season Thomas didn't help himself when he did get on the pitch however he was also playing in a very poor team. Take Fleck for example, since Mowbray has come in he has been a different player due to first Ward and now Vincelot. Would like to see what Thomas could do in the current set up under Mowbray and with slightly better players alongside (my opinion only)

johnwillomagic

I think he gets a lot of unfair stick and is currently fine as a back up midfielder in squad.for injuries.
Like another poster I saw him have a fantastic game at Wolves away so he can do it.

I doubt he is on that much in terms of wages, if he is will probably be released at end of contract not during the season
unless he attracts a transfer fee which I would doubt!!

Happy for him to stay in squad as back up midfielder...if he wants to leave to get first team action though completely understand and
good luck to him!

higgs

Good luck to him fans don't and will never like him so best he moves for a fresh start. Hope he gets his confidence back and proves himself somewhere else

ceetee

Connor Thomas cruises around the midfield, confidently in possession but has no vision on what to do with the ball so he checks back and passes sideways or back. (How you all used to criticise Sammy Clingham for that). Whether he would fit in with someone like Maddison or Lameiras to lay it off to I doubt we will never know. I don't know what Liverpool saw but there must have been something. I haven't seen it and I don't think he actually can read a game.

Those are my opinions. I don't come on saying he's "shite" or "crap". If you think so explain in footballing terms why.

Kingokings204

Connor Thomas cruises around the midfield, confidently in possession but has no vision on what to do with the ball so he checks back and passes sideways or back. (How you all used to criticise Sammy Clingham for that). Whether he would fit in with someone like Maddison or Lameiras to lay it off to I doubt we will never know. I don't know what Liverpool saw but there must have been something. I haven't seen it and I don't think he actually can read a game.

Those are my opinions. I don't come on saying he's "shite" or "crap". If you think so explain in footballing terms why.

Fair enough.

In my opinion he is crap as he isn't good at one single thing. He doesn't score I think we all know that. His tackling is poor mainly because he is such a lightweight and easily gets muscled off the ball and in turn this makes his heading ability poor. He offers nothing offensively interns of goals as I said but also assists. His fitness is ok as in box to box. He just doesn't offer anything whatsoever and I'm pleased TM sees it how I do.

Grendel

Fair enough.

In my opinion he is crap as he isn't good at one single thing. He doesn't score I think we all know that. His tackling is poor mainly because he is such a lightweight and easily gets muscled off the ball and in turn this makes his heading ability poor. He offers nothing offensively interns of goals as I said but also assists. His fitness is ok as in box to box. He just doesn't offer anything whatsoever and I'm pleased TM sees it how I do.

I doubt Mowbray shares those particular views.

Terry Gibson's perm

I doubt Mowbray shares those particular views.

If we all think he is good or bad it really doesn't matter one man will make the decision on Thomas and I am pretty sure he knows more about he game than the rest of us

westofrayne

If his leaving fair enough, don't think it working for him or us at the moment, but if he goes I wish him the best of luck (unless playing against us).

oucho

Has it been confirmed he's going? One thing not mentioned thus far on this thread is that if he leaves then only Willis is left of the squad we had in the championship.

PVA

Nowhere near as bad as people make out.

If he leaves then we seriously need to sign a CM.

Gaz71

Mowbray obviously hasn't got any confidence in him at all, he's only on the bench as there isn't anyone else, you would say Bryn Morris, George Thomas and even Haynes would be ahead of him if we needed to make changes.
Excellent performance tonight but very worrying how thin our bench is, telling how we only made the 1 change, with Armstrong blowing out of his arse for the last 10 minutes.

stupot07

Well he's still here and Mowbray sent him to do the players but of the pre match press conference today. Just played it on the the phone in. It didn't sound like he's leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Mowbray obviously hasn't got any confidence in him at all, he's only on the bench as there isn't anyone else, you would say Bryn Morris, George Thomas and even Haynes would be ahead of him if we needed to make changes.
Excellent performance tonight but very worrying how thin our bench is, telling how we only made the 1 change, with Armstrong blowing out of his arse for the last 10 minutes.

He has been recovering from three bouts of concussion and has had to do non contact training. Concussion taken very seriously in this day and age. Being on the bench is a sign he is coming back from injury and says nothing about Mowbray having no confidence in him. That is obviously your opinion and you shouldn't attribute it to Mowbray. The last time Mowbray mentioned him was to say how impressed he was with his previous season training, he has been injured since then.

Grendel

Thomas will feature under Mowbray.

The one player really frozen out (now Swanson has gone) is Haynes.

It's a shame he didn't do his two crosses against Gillingham in a game last August. We may have had a chance of offloading him. That said even in that game for most of it he was bloody awful.

skybluetony176

He had an interview played on the skyblue phone in tonight. It sounds like he's still trying to get match fit, he's only played 90 minutes once this season. Also said he's wearing Rugby scrum headgear at the moment in training and while playing. It sounded like he's still very much in contention just needs to get fit physically and mentally first which the club are clearly helping him do.

covcity4life

Never seen Connor play since mowbray took over I dint think so won't judge him yet. Manager and good tactics can change a player big time imo. Hope he stays

Users who are viewing this thread