connor thomas (1 Viewer)

ccfcmad1

Spoke to one of his family members who said he's leaving city by mutual consent put his house up for sale and speaking to other clubs, just passing on what ive been told so not a wum not heard any official news on this and Mowbary has talked him up in the past guess we will have to wait and see.

SlowerThanPlatt

Probably for the best. Hasn't improved year on year. I doubt the club will let him go for free though - wouldn't we be owed compo from whoever takes him?

junglej13

He has been pretty poor for us the last 18 months but he clearly has some ability. I think he may have surprised a few people and flourished under Mowbray.

lifeskyblue

In not surprised. After all the hype and the loan to Liverpool he just hast progressed as everyone thought he would. Not sure it was Thomas himself or the systems he has played under but in my opinion he is not as good now as he was a few seasons back. Real shame for him and the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Latchford

Spoke to one of his family members who said he's leaving city by mutual consent put his house up for sale and speaking to other clubs, just passing on what ive been told so not a wum not heard any official news on this and Mowbary has talked him up in the past guess we will have to wait and see.

Don't worry about it fella , as proved on the 'Robbo' thread , facts are a minor detail on this forum . and 'admin' are more than happy to oblige, to fuel the rumour fire .

stupot07

It's a shame if true, there's a player in there somewhere, perhaps a move away will help him develop away from the "what did Liverpool see in him" hype that us cov fans judge him on.

Would rather we kept him than bring in someone's else's player to develop, who frankly in the brief glimpses I've seen looks no better than Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

It's a shame if true, there's a player in there somewhere, perhaps a move away will help him develop away from the "what did Liverpool see in him" hype that us cov fans judge him on.

Would rather we kept him than bring in someone's else's player to develop, who frankly in the brief glimpses I've seen looks no better than Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grant Ward excepted.

shy_tall_knight

I saw him at Tranmere away in Feb 2014 probably one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a city player, his confidence was gone his pass accuracy was awful. Hardly played last season. 1 goal in 107 games is another shocking statistic for a midfielder. Has gone backwards but still only 21

torchomatic

No great loss I'm afraid to say. Use the resources on someone else.

shmmeee

Such a shame, another promising City kid comes to not much. He always seemed to have the right attitude and a decent technical skill set.

torchomatic

I honestly struggle to remember him having a good game.

wingy

I see It as Lawton Finch can now do for us what Conor did at a similar age.
I assume Stupot Is referring to Morris.
Money can then be diverted to other areas IE
Striker dept?

christonabike

Every game Ive seen him play the game has passed him by. As said he is young but ffs had enough games under enough managers and systems to have found his strength by now. TM has the brain to ship out and replace if needed and CT is one of them.

Limey

Maybe we have unreal expectations as to the type of player Connor is? The move to Liverpool immediately gave the impression as a potential match winner for us. In reality, a holding midfield player who can break play and play the simple pass? He might yet go on to be an unsung hero for someone....still might be us.

hill83

The move to Liverpool immediately gave the impression as a potential match winner for us.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

LOL

Calista

I honestly struggle to remember him having a good game.

He was very good in some games in the Championship, and I remember he came on in the FA Cup match at Spurs, and looked like the only player in our squad who could hold his own against Premier League opposition. It's so disappointing that he seems to have gone backwards since then, and I find it very hard to explain.

Terry Gibson's perm

Maybe we have unreal expectations as to the type of player Connor is? The move to Liverpool immediately gave the impression as a potential match winner for us. In reality, a holding midfield player who can break play and play the simple pass? He might yet go on to be an unsung hero for someone....still might be us.

I totally agree, when he was coming through the way he was being talked about I thought he was a dynamic midfielder in the Gerrard mould, but he is isn't that type of player and the stuff I have seen from him and Bigi I would say there is little between them in quality.

Grendel

Thomas gets a bad deal on here. He's nothing special but is more than adequate to have as a squad player as midfield cover.

What is baffling is the hyperbole around some youth team players and how he gets such negativity. Bigiamara was no better - was always going to be an adequate lower league trundler - no more, no less.

Then there is the absurd tributes to Haynes who is an abject defender and far worse a player than Thomas.

torchomatic

Yes, agree about Bigi, Gren. Could never really see what the fuss was about there. Nothing against Thomas or anything but he's nothing special and we have Finch, Lawton, etc who seem similar players.

SlowerThanPlatt

For me, a midfielder has to:

Add something going forward

and/or

Be solid defensively.

Vincelot is solid defensively, Fleck adds something going forward (so far this season) as does JOB and Maddison. Thomas does neither.

FRY-CCFC

I think Thomas is ok to have as a squad player. Wouldn't release him unless we had another player ready to come in.

shmmeee

Thomas gets a bad deal on here. He's nothing special but is more than adequate to have as a squad player as midfield cover.

What is baffling is the hyperbole around some youth team players and how he gets such negativity. Bigiamara was no better - was always going to be an adequate lower league trundler - no more, no less.

Then there is the absurd tributes to Haynes who is an abject defender and far worse a player than Thomas.

Shows the fine lines for young players doesn't it?

People had written Wilson off, and Turner. Others thought Liam Davies or Kevin Thornton would take the world by storm. Imagine if Pressley had had enough money to bring in a striker. Wilson might be on loan to Nuneaton right now.

I like Thomas, I agree he's a bit of a nothing player in that he's neither one thing nor the other, but as you say he's good enough to be 3rd or 4th in line for a CM spot in a L1 team. And as Nick says, I prefer him to Finch from what I've seen.

Kingokings204

If this is true it's a good day to be a city fan. He is crap. I am sorry but he is crap and before you tell me I'm wrong Mr Mowbray seems to think the same as me and wants rid of clearly a poor player. Simple decision.

NorthernWisdom

People had written Wilson off, and Turner. Others thought Liam Davies or Kevin Thornton would take the world by storm. Imagine if Pressley had had enough money to bring in a striker. Wilson might be on loan to Nuneaton right now.

I remember seeing the youth teams and deciding Nathan Cameron and... Adam Walker were going to be our stars.

For whatever reason (as in life!) footballers develop at different times and different paces. Being released wouldn't automatically make him a guaranteed failure any more than if Liverpool had signed him permanently would have made him a success.

Grendel

If this is true it's a good day to be a city fan. He is crap. I am sorry but he is crap and before you tell me I'm wrong Mr Mowbray seems to think the same as me and wants rid of clearly a poor player. Simple decision.

He's massively better than Ryan Haynes - it's you that dragged some ratings up to try and rubbish Chris Stokes wasn't it? He's also a player who will play more games than the non entity Bigiamara.

Users who are viewing this thread