Congratulations (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Really nice side Exeter, hope the get top three next season, can’t imagine losing in the final twice in a row, I think we’d struggle to get 10k at that point!

All the fans seem great as well, and a fan owned club to boot. What’s not to like?

Cranfield Sky Blue

Fred. Binney. And his head. You’re a quality act my friend and I will happily buy you a beer on my frequent trips to your neck of the woods! I can’t console you tonight but I know your gaffer (ex gaffer?) got it so wrong today! Autos next year I hope.

And we will do those green bas***ds for you!

AngryAnt

Think your good wishes and good humour has made a lot of us sky blues truely hope you get autos next year. Best of luck Fred.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completely this.

Good luck to Exeter next season, the game was a victory for football over hoofball & hopefully you'll be in the autos next year!

The Great Eastern

Great to have an oppo fan pitch up on this site & give a humerous, balanced view !
Come back any time FBH. Your posts were highly entertaining. In particular, come and pitch in when we are about to play Plymouth or Blunderland !

Last edited:

Ashdown

Such is the organisation at Wembley and the travel advice that is largely heeded I have to be honest I reckon I literally only saw about 5 Exeter fans outside of the stadium. It was quite bizarre where 11000 or so appeared from at the other end. Same after the game !! I do love that part of the UK though and have some envy for those who can call it home.

Sbarcher

Staring to get a bit bored with these annual trips to Wembley. Tickets, travel, beer etc who wants that each year? Come on City, do us fans a favour and have an uneventful season next year and let us have a day weeding in the garden!

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Great to have an oppo fan pitch up on this site & give a humerous, balanced view !
Come back any time FBH. Your posts were highly entertaining. In particular, come and pitch in when we are about to play Plymouth or Blunderland !

Thanks, I’ll probably do that. Coventry have become my second favourite team which is weird as they weren’t when I lived there :)

skybluepm2

Your fans were so gracious in defeat, met some great guys who were a credit to the badge.

Met a lovely young man by the name of Quinn after the game, who had just broken an EFL record of being the youngest fan to attend every Home and away game in a single season. Certainly knew his stuff about CCFC as well as his own club.

Really hope you do well next year. All the best!

W

westcountry_skyblue

So gracious FBH I will certainly be keeping an eye out for your results next year,Keep playing football the right way and things will happen,also beat Notts county home and away please!!

kdrinkell

Well said and hopefully you'll go up next season Fred
Your fans were the subject of a wee bit of banter by the fanzone before the game lol nothing serious mind

ccfcchris

It's all been said regarding best wishes for next season. It will be one of the first results I look for next season. Your fans are a credit to the game and I wish you all the very best.

Liquid Gold

Exeter fans were gracious in defeat just as they were in victory at SJP in January. In the nicest way possible I hope we never have to play you again, unless you end up in the PL of course.

Covstu

All the best for next year Exeter, similar to Oxford you have decent fans who took the defeat on the chin. Your team didn’t do you justice yesterday but I am sure they will get it together next year

shmmeee

Staring to get a bit bored with these annual trips to Wembley. Tickets, travel, beer etc who wants that each year? Come on City, do us fans a favour and have an uneventful season next year and let us have a day weeding in the garden!

It’s alright, no Wembley next year, straight up as Champions :D

Nick

Administrator
Exeter fans were gracious in defeat just as they were in victory at SJP in January. In the nicest way possible I hope we never have to play you again, unless you end up in the PL of course.

This is the thing, I said it before the game that the feeling between us and Exeter is completely different.

Everything I saw between the fans was non nasty, the booing of fans walking through was all done light heartidly and laughing rather than aggressive.

If they get Nolan in to replace Tisdale then it would soon change.

Liquid Gold

This is the thing, I said it before the game that the feeling between us and Exeter is completely different.

Everything I saw between the fans was non nasty, the booing of fans walking through was all done light heartidly and laughing rather than aggressive.

If they get Nolan in to replace Tisdale then it would soon change.
It makes you wonder how much of an effect the manager has on the fans. Because Nolan is constantly going on about refs and how they were robbed then their fans have a chip on their shoulder constantly. I wonder if Robins has changed us at all.

ps1948

I remember being really impressed with Exeter fans on the day they came up to the Ricoh in pretty large numbers for a League Cup game a few years ago, and backed their team constantly throughout - Exeter played good football that day too!

Cov kid 55

My young daughter didn’t like the Coventry fans today as their songs didn’t make sense - she couldn’t understand why someone would want to sit on a villa (as in a holiday apartment). I told her she’d got it ever so slightly wrong.

She also didn’t like us getting boo’d and shouted at as we walked through a load of Coventry fans between Wembley Central and the ground - made her cry :(

Nasty Coventry fans!
Well said Fred - sorry you came across some of our more ‘boisterous’ fans. We mostly saw good relations, spoke to a lot of great Exeter fans before and after. I was pleased that I heard very few chants belittling Exeter from our end. On the ‘sit on the Villa’ chant, I took an Aberdeen fan to a Cov game at Tranmere a couple of seasons ago, and after the game he said, that was a damn weird chant, ‘s*it on the pillow’! I had to explain it wasn’t some strange Midland hobby! Good luck in the future!!

Users who are viewing this thread