Confirmed northampton (1 Viewer)

andyboy81

Fair play to you pal, but brace yourself for some abuse

hahaha I am a little scared that their nasty words might hurt me.

I am sure they will all be happy when their AFC Coventry Project is STILL a league below Cov Sphinx (And that's provided they get back to back promotions) when They move back and I am sure that being the loyal FANS that they are they will stick with that new club when its struggling through the leagues. After all, they are Loyal Fans..... oh wait

hill83

I am sure they will all be happy when their AFC Coventry Project is STILL a league below Cov Sphinx (And that's provided they get back to back promotions) when They move back and I am sure that being the loyal FANS that they are they will stick with that new club when its struggling through the leagues. After all, they are Loyal Fans..... oh wait

Such anger against possibly 200 people. Who's going to follow AFC Coventry? Practically nobody. Put your tampon back in and move along.

See you at the first away game.

RoboCCFC90

You haven't answered the question really. Acl cannot work/be in business with Sisu. I personally think that is more down to Sisu than acl but it is a fact that Sisu have burnt their bridges with acl Ccc and Higgs and are not trusted. With this known what have acl done to Ccfc?

Also given the fact that it is not possible for all parties to work together what is the solution?

I would suggest sell up and move on to Sisu as they are throwing bad money after bad money but maybe this is exactly what they want.

Take the personalities out Ccc enable Ccfc to build a ground so they had a home in Coventry. Or they did. I would think acl can diversify over time and be self sufficient but what a sad sad state of affairs.

You have every right to attend home games in Northampton but you will be supporting Sisu holdings by doing so

SBP, As you are probably well aware a Hedgefund company is devised for one purpose "To make financial gain on assets that they invest in" it would be different if we were run by a local bussinessman or rich family because these people care and would listen to the customers (The Fans). Unfortunately SISU have one goal to make as much financial gain as they can on there investment, now they could have taken a chunk of money if they had allowed PH4 or Joe Bloggs to buy the club while the club has been in Admin, however SISU believe they can get a better financial return if they invest in the short term and reap the rewards in a Stadia that they have 100% control over revenues.

RegTheDonk

Woah, hang on a second andy. Some of us disagree with your stance, but respect your decision. You want to label people who don't go along with you as not being loyal fans? You should show the same respect for people who don't believe in going outside Cov, as those who will, rather than label them.

skybluebeduff

Good luck to Coventry City and there future of playing in Northampton for the next 3 years, I can't afford to follow you their, and I don't want to either because I love the City Of Coventry and will always remain faithful to Lady Godiva. R.I.P my beloved SkyBlues, you've literally broke my heart!

andyboy81

Woah, hang on a second andy. Some of us disagree with your stance, but respect your decision. You want to label people who don't go along with you as not being loyal fans? You should show the same respect for people who don't believe in going outside Cov, as those who will, rather than label them.

I admit the loyal bits a bit harsh.... I apologise for anyone that may have offended. But if I see you up coundon park watching "AFC".... your Dead to me.. hear me DEAD!! hahahaha

NTFC

All those against the move you need to come up with clear reasons why not and get your Supporter's Trust to ask ours to come out in solidarity.

RoboCCFC90

All those against the move you need to come up with clear reasons why not and get your Supporter's Trust to ask ours to come out in solidarity.

That won't work NTFC, SISU have already showed they won't listen to the CCFC fans. I don't know the reasons for why your owners might want this agreement, but if you threatened to boycott your home games as well it might get his attention, because of course NTFC's Owner isn't going to want that situation jeopardising his business.

Delboycov

Loyal fans?? What an inflamatory and idiotic thing to say at a time when so many are absolutely gutted and downright fuming at the prospect of moving our club out of our city for many years, possibly never to return. You don't seem to give a toss...Can I ask are you from/do you live in Coventry? Your posts reek of having no affinity with the place at all.

Last edited:

andyboy81

LOL.... Well Delboy

I was born in coventry in the autumn of 1981. It was a Tuesday and was raining in the morning and brightened up in the afternoon.
I have lived here all my life and love this city. (no really... I do)
As far as CCFC.... I have been a fan for 28 years (ish), since I could actually go and sit up Highfield Road and handle the old bloke in fronts dirty pipe smoke in my face.
Had season Ticket the last 5/6 seasons at Highfield road
Season Ticket 1st 4 years at the Ricoh then had to give it up for a couple of years as had a kid and got a bit skint but still managed to scrape cash together to go and probably went to maybe 60% of home games during that time.
Had another season ticket for last 2 seasons however shit it has been.

Do I Qualify?

duffer

On CWR today the Northampton chairman was saying that the move was just speculation.

Regardless, personally I won't spend another penny at the club whilst SISU are still in charge. Enough is enough, imho.

As for Brandon, seriously. There is no way a stadium there could ever get planning permission within three years. It'll be rejected, appealed, and most likely end in up court if PP was ever granted. It's just not feasible.

korntony

how many times have the fans who will continue to go been told we are not loyal and we will be the death of the club?

I will be going to the home games.. I love this club but SISU will not let it go beause even with 3k fans goin to home games they are probably still in a better position next season than they were at home at the Ricoh we will have access to some of the matchday revenue at northampton i am sure and how much will the rent be? something managable.. not that the dispute with ACL was mainly about rent it was the lack of revenue that stadium and that deal provided the club..

you can blame SISU all you want but when they took over the revenue streams werent that important (because FFP wasnt on the cards) they could put money in to bring players in which they did season on season until the relegation season where they were preparing the club for FFP.

I am not a SISU lover or SISU hater.. but anyone who was in charge of this club from that point to now wouldve been in this situation because ACL and the Council were not prepared to negotiate..

I love this club season ticket holder for the best part of 20 years.. and i will continue to support the club (not SISU)

Houdi

The only chink of light I can see, is that it seems all the West Midlands clubs have seemingly rejected any groundshare offer. Fisher at the forums only talked about playing at a ground in the West Midlands, and I'm sure he talked of it as grounds that the Football League had suggested it would only accept. Maybe it was a huge bluff on Fisher's part, however if the FL have provided SISU with a possible list of 'acceptable' grounds, it may still be possible that they will reject Northampton. The fixture lists hardly match up, and would require several 'home' matches to be switched, including the first 3 fixtures. If the FL were to reject Northampton, then SISU's options would be very limited. Maybe the toxic and controversial nature of this groundshare has made club's wary of attracting bad publicity from our fans and even their own supporters. For all the spin coming out, nothing yet has been agreed or signed for, or dare I say as yet SISU haven't paid any money over.

Nick

Administrator

Currently trying to get through to ours, they are finding pictures of monkeys for newsletters and dressing up dolls though. :p

wes_cov

It's all a very high stakes poker game! won't believe it till i see it with my own eyes (from the east end bank, NOPM)

But how could the FL possibly ratify this?
- No firm realistic plans to return to the coventry area
- Massive fan dissatisfaction

But equally if the FL say no they are going to have to really have some balls and tell SISU in no uncertain terms if you want to play our game you have to play by our rules!

Football is about the game and the fans
Took my daughter to her first home game last season and was hoping to take my son to his first this season (aged 3) but no way will i be taking him to some tinpot stadium 30+ miles away

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Still think we'll be at Ricoh but if its Northampton I'll be going.

Look forward to seeing the rest of you in 2/3 years when you'll be sat at the new ground in Brandon or where ever singing OUR songs like nothings happened.

I'm afraid that's a naive view. Statistically, the reduced gates and FFP could result in back-to-back relegations. So, whilst I see your view; you should equally consider that by the time your 2 to 3 year term is reached, we could be playing in the conference, in stadium you know nothing of, just outside a village with one road in and out.

I'm glad you're 'looking forward' to it :facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm afraid that's a naive view. Statistically, the reduced gates and FFP could result in back-to-back relegations. So, whilst I see your view; you should equally consider that by the time your 2 to 3 year term is reached, we could be playing in the conference, in stadium you know nothing of, just outside a village with one road in and out.

This reminds me MMM, where will I collect my pint next month when Thorn is still unemployed? ;)

andyboy81

Who says I'm Looking Forward to it??

But Coventry are my club and I cant just switch it on and off like some people obviously can.

Can I ask, though Mary.... Where do you think we would stand with the FFP if we stay at the Ricoh for the foreseeable future when the council / ACL refuse to give any revenue access to the club?? Same Place Maybe??

LastGarrison

8/1 was still available on relegation this morning with Stan James, into something like 3's on Betfair.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Can I ask, though Mary.... Where do you think we would stand with the FFP if we stay at the Ricoh for the foreseeable future when the council / ACL refuse to give any revenue access to the club?? Same Place Maybe??

No. Gates at the Ricoh would be five times bigger. At least. That's five times the gate receipts, which is turnover, which goes to FFP calculations.

You think SISU will have naming rights? Sponsorship? Of Sixfields during their time there?

Brighton Sky Blue

Who says I'm Looking Forward to it??

But Coventry are my club and I cant just switch it on and off like some people obviously can.

Dare I use that magic phrase, 'cross invoiced revenue' for the club to use for FFP was put forward by ACL in their final offer to the club this January. Moving to Northampton still requires us to pay rent and the vastly decreased crowds mean that financially we are better off (much, much better off) staying at the Ricoh with much better attendances and a vastly improved rent agreement.

RegTheDonk

No. Gates at the Ricoh would be five times bigger. At least. That's five times the gate receipts, which is turnover, which goes to FFP calculations.

You think SISU will have naming rights? Sponsorship? Of Sixfields during their time there?

Thats the one thing I can't get my head around MMM. I'm no accountant, but surely 10,000 x £20 is a lot more than 2-3,000 x £20, unless they all spend about £50 each on pies and booze.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thats the one thing I can't get my head around MMM. I'm no accountant, but surely 10,000 x £20 is a lot more than 2-3,000 x £20, unless they all spend about £50 each on pies and booze.

The gap in income from season tickets will also be considerable. Still, as long as they think they can bust ACL they will keep it up.

fernandopartridge

Would they? I thought nobody was going because of the NOPM campaign?

Sky Blue Pete

Still think we'll be at Ricoh but if its Northampton I'll be going.

Look forward to seeing the rest of you in 2/3 years when you'll be sat at the new ground in Brandon or where ever singing OUR songs like nothings happened.
I cannot believe after all that has gone on that you believe a word that has been said. There is absolutely zero chance of a new ground being built by Sisu for Ccfc to rent

Users who are viewing this thread