Cody (2 Viewers)

Gaz

He hasn't played anywhere near enough games for us to write him off yet imo.

Otis

He's goning to have to play and he has to come good. Games are going to come thick and fast and as Thorn has already said, Clive Platt struggles with 2 games in a week. As Fat Freddy is out of the reckoning, Cody McDonald is going to have to get game time.

Let's hope we play to his strengths.

Otis

Wasn't screaming, but was wondering if he might do that. Think that may have caused us to lose shape though. For all McSheff's anonymity he did give us a bit of width and I'm not sure sure Nimely is half as potent out from the centre.

Could see why AT didn't change it. Both Platt and Nimely were looking dangerous. It was the flanks in Baker and Shuff that was our weakness. Things improved with Bell's introduction. Think AT got that one right not to introduce McDonald.

wingy

Wasn't screaming, but was wondering if he might do that. Think that may have caused us to lose shape though. For all McSheff's anonymity he did give us a bit of width and I'm not sure sure Nimely is half as potent out from the centre.

Could see why AT didn't change it. Both Platt and Nimely were looking dangerous. It was the flanks in Baker and Shuff that was our weakness. Things improved with Bell's introduction. Think AT got that one right not to introduce McDonald.
I pretty much agree otis ,he made the right call ,Maybe we need to switch from trying to loan a striker,And get a tricky winger ,Adam hammil ,is he at wolves now?

skyblueinBaku

I'd like you all to come back to me at the end of the season and apologise cause I'm 100% positive he won't score again till atleast pre season
I hope you are also 100% positive that we will get relegated:whistle:

Skybluedar

I am 100% positive Cody will score more vital goals for us THIS season. Cannot say whether or not he will be plying his trade in the Championship or League 1 next season (no more than anyone can) but either way, that finish against Palace was fantastic and if a ball drops like that and you can put it so perfectly into the corner, even Cech wouldn't have kept that out. Let's get behind him and the lads! Goals Win Games!

kg82

Leicesterarenotourrivals - visionary?! I think he was trying the old "if I say this maybe the opposite will happen"!!!

AFCCOVENTRY

Pathetic .... he scored a goal in a crucial game for us today.

We are all in it together.

This is no time for slating a CCFC player. The WHOLE squad is playing their part.

nicksig

I said way back after the Ipswich game that Cody looks a really good player. I'm not sure why people wanted to get on his back so early in his City career. He's a natural finisher and not bad in the air. I think he'll grow to be a fans favourite. Let's get behind our players - with a bit of self-belief we can stay up. PUSB

SkyBlue_Bear83

He is a difficult player to place, he gets into good positions and seems a real poacher but apart from that I don't think he brings much else to our play.

Sort of if he doesn't score he is just there to make the numbers up on the pitch. For now I think he is better off being used as he is coming on as a sub and trying to nick a goal late on.

Astute

We have all seen the vids of him scoring last season. We know he knows where the back of the net is. We are mushrooms. All we can do is trust he is in the team when fit and able.

pw362

He is a difficult player to place, he gets into good positions and seems a real poacher but apart from that I don't think he brings much else to our play.

Sort of if he doesn't score he is just there to make the numbers up on the pitch. For now I think he is better off being used as he is coming on as a sub and trying to nick a goal late on.
Same could be said of Lineker & Shearer. They didn't turn out to bad did they !! PUSB

Sky Blue Sheepy

I think the issue early on was fitness - no proper pre-season in a league that a lot tougher than he was used to. Now he's gained that side to his game through experiance and training and it's starting to show. As with Thorn, early season form shouldn't be used against him as he has developed so much since then. The finish vs Hull was like a lot of those we saw in the YouTube videos when we first signed him.

WillieStanley

He did exactly what we signed him for on Saturday. I have real faith in him. He has been really unlucky since signing but I can see that changing.

He's going to be massive for us next season, regardless of league IMHO.

kg82

He did exactly what we signed him for on Saturday. I have real faith in him. He has been really unlucky since signing but I can see that changing.

He's going to be massive for us next season, regardless of league IMHO.

Completely with you on that. I think Thorn's hand was forced a bit with Cody to start with - not in the sense that he didn't think he could do the business but fitness-wise. He had nothing to lose by signing him though and everything to gain. I don't suppose he thought it would take him this long to get up to speed but if he can start banging them in now it would be great!

It's just a shame people felt the need to start slating him after 5 games.

torchomatic

Yes, that's what I don't get sometimes. Some sections never gave him a chance. Even the other week after he'd scored someone on here said it was a fluke and he would guarantee he would never score again this season.

It's just a shame people felt the need to start slating him after 5 games.

kg82

Yes, that's what I don't get sometimes. Some sections never gave him a chance. Even the other week after he'd scored someone on here said it was a fluke and he would guarantee he would never score again this season.

It's all about the instant impact now - luckily Thorn's given him time. I'm surprised there wasn't more murmurings about Norwood to be honest, he didn't score till his 8th game I think! Unforgivable!!

WillieStanley

Yet, Nimley's debut and only goal, which arguably had an element of luck about it, has meant he can do no wrong. I mean he doesn't really do much wrong anyway, but I wonder how some fans would have taken to him had he not had that amazing first home game.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can think of many City strikers who'd have fluffed that chance on Saturday-very clinical finish and hopefully more to come.

1nilandwe...

He was always up against it from the start, with King going and all the talk of Adam Le Fondre, a lad from the lower leagues who most people had never heard of was hardly going to generate much of a buzz unless he flew out of the traps. He'll be a decent asset next season, regardless of the division and he's got a great chance to make himself a cult hero if he scores a winner or two before this season's out.

And he's better than Roy O'Donovan.

WillieStanley

He was always up against it from the start, with King going and all the talk of Adam Le Fondre, a lad from the lower leagues who most people had never heard of was hardly going to generate much of a buzz unless he flew out of the traps. He'll be a decent asset next season, regardless of the division and he's got a great chance to make himself a cult hero if he scores a winner or two before this season's out.

And he's better than Roy O'Donovan.

I think people were also wary of that YouTube video. It looked a little familiar...

covcity4life

yeh i remember that! who was the poster?

Users who are viewing this thread