Cody (1 Viewer)

Skybluedar

Just listened to his interview. Cody seems to be a confident and level headed lad who wants to do his best and give everything for the club. We have all seen that he is capable of scoring goals when he played for Gillingham and was prolific, he has got into good positions and not taken chances before his injury. This was at a time when he was trying to get to full fitness having missed pre-season. The lad has been unlucky and a goal in the next game or 2 will be massive for him. Who is to say that they don't start going in for him on the run in, when they count the most.

I want to state that I think that he is going to pop up with some vital goals to keep us in this league. Lets forget the takeover for 14 more games and support the boys. Regardless of Saturday's must win game, we must back the boys to the end. Cov have been in so many relegation battles in the past and we all know that this one will go down to the wire. PUSB

Last edited:

WillenhallSkyBlues

the bloke has been nothing but a let down in the 7/8 games he played so far, all andy thorn is bothered about the hat trick he scored in training, can't see him helping us this season I don't think this is the right level for him

dongonzalos

Just listened to his interview. Cody seems to be a confident and level headed lad who wants to do his best and give everything for the club. We have all seen that he is capable of scoring goals when he played for Gillingham and was prolific, he has got into good positions and not taken chances before his injury. This was at a time when he was trying to get to full fitness having missed pre-season. The lad has been unlucky and a goal in the next game or 2 will be massive for him. Who is to say that they don't start going in for him on the run in, when they count the most.

I want to state that I think that he is going to pop up with some vital goals to keep us in this league. Lets forget the takeover for 14 more games and support the boys. Regardless of Saturday's must win game, we must back the boys to the end. Cov have been in so many relegation battles in the past and we all know that this one will go down to the wire. PUSB

top comment

dongonzalos

the bloke has been nothing but a let down in the 7/8 games he played so far, all andy thorn is bothered about the hat trick he scored in training, can't see him helping us this season I don't think this is the right level for him

read the lead comment and get excited then the doomsday merchants try and P*ss on the parade...............

Skybluedar

No you're right, Andy should keep focusing on his missed chances, that is like to get the most out of him and ensure that his confidence is sky high going into games... I hope you're not idiotic enough not to sense the sarcasm in that sentence... :facepalm:

mark82

7/8 games. We really do write people off too quickly.

WillenhallSkyBlues

I'd like you all to come back to me at the end of the season and apologise cause I'm 100% positive he won't score again till atleast pre season

Macca

No you're right, Andy should keep focusing on his missed chances, that is like to get the most out of him and ensure that his confidence is sky high going into games... I hope you're not idiotic enough not to sense the sarcasm in that sentence... :facepalm:

I think the key when using sarcasm is not to point it out

Otis

When he first came in he dodn't appear match fit and besides, we haven't at all played to his strengths when he has been picked.

smileycov

Facebook User
Well we are hardly ripping up trees at the moment, so i say give the lad a chance. If he is as keen as he makes out and gives 100% i am happy with that. I think he has goals in him to be fair. time will tell. Anyone that is willing to fight to keep MY club up this season is allright by me. :claping hands:

wingy

Don't think he and juke complemented each other ,juke was quoted a couple of times stating how he and platt had a good understanding ,Probably figured he' do the majority donkey work playing together ,they certainly did'nt seem to have any understanding between each other ,seeming to be miles apart on the pitch .

Hcut PUSB

sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

but its fun tho

but the best form of humour:p

I would like to see Cody play alongside Platt think that would have shown his better qualities and finishing ability playing alongside Juke was like watchin a couple about to divoce, together but not.

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
I wouldn't mind seeing cody and nimely play together. Buzzing about the box would cause some headaches! not sure if it would produce goals but chances a plenty

wingy

Would'nt that involve going back to the ill fated diamond smiley ,after we've just adopted the more direct 442 airial mantra.

CovLis86

Im with the idea of a Nimely and Cody ( when fit ) combo. Why not? Why does it always have to be a big man and a small man? Doesnt always work. It certainly isnt working as we have it now, so why not have 2 quick, creative forward players causing all sorts of headaches. At worst its going to perhaps win us a penalty once in a while! So its going to be at least as productive as we've had this season. Please give it a go Andy, we have to try something different because it just isnt working .

guicey15

7/8 games? He's only made 5 appearences and people have written him off as a terrible player already. Give the lad a chance, good luck tomorrow Cody.

nicksig

Has the potential to be a cracking player. Really good to see him back. Get behind him and give him some support - like the rest of our players. PUSB

Im with the idea of a Nimely and Cody ( when fit ) combo. Why not? Why does it always have to be a big man and a small man? Doesnt always work. It certainly isnt working as we have it now, so why not have 2 quick, creative forward players causing all sorts of headaches. At worst its going to perhaps win us a penalty once in a while! So its going to be at least as productive as we've had this season. Please give it a go Andy, we have to try something different because it just isnt working .

I agree but again (I keep saying it) if selected Cody should operate up front as a central striker not wandering along the flanks as appears to be the coaching instructions for our forwards.

It doesn't make sense when often there is a midfield or wingback break the forwards are stranded on the flanks with no one in or around the box to take advantage.

PUSB

smileycov

Facebook User
Would'nt that involve going back to the ill fated diamond smiley ,after we've just adopted the more direct 442 airial mantra.

Don't think so to be fair. 442 would work, we push sheffers out wide and either bell or baker (god help us) on other wing deegan and thomas/bigi is my choice in the middle. sheefers was doing okay but again is struggling a bit so put him on wing to run at people or cut in as need be

CCFC123

sorry but your all grasping for some hope. This guys utter shite and lucky to be making a living at this level.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ahh good to see our fans are not putting pressure on a player who has been injured for months to keep us in the league. This was the exact attitude fans had in the summer an the reason he came in for stick when he couldn't match the expectations.
I can see this going the same way.
To me if he can score a couple of goals between now and the end then that is a bonus but I wouldn't want to be reliant on his goals.

stupot07

In the same amount of starts, Jutkiewicz had one more goal (2) and both were pens, Marlon King has one more goal (2) and one of them was a pen, Leon Best had one more goal (2).

Not sure what people want really?

Someone said he'd only played 5 games - he hasn't.

4 in his first 8 starts would be nice (Le Fondre) ;)

I want Cody to do, if he does well the club does well but other than his goal and the second half v Ipswich I haven't seen anything special from him. I don't think billing him up as a potential relegation saviour helps.

I do think it's important to note that he isn't a kid, he's 25 (26 before next season starts) older than cranie and keogh. Juke was only 20 when he joined and best was 19 so were still kids. And king hadn't played football for 18 months.

ron obvious

the norwich fans thought he was shit to....

As with most players, some did, some didn't. The Hooligan gets slagged off on a regular basis, Ruddy is thought to be useless by some, England material by others; even Holtzilla has his detractors.
Naturally, the better a player performs, the more his critics keep shtum. But some people just don't like certain players, no matter what they do.

Anyway, I always liked Cody, his attitude was always good, & he has ability. Whether he could make it in the Prem. is debatable, but I reckon he should make a decent Championship striker. Again, I don't know if he'll succeed with you; you have to have the right player for the right team with the right manager etc. etc. - look at Holt, a prime example of the right time & place if ever there was one.

From the little bit I saw of him (against Ipswich I think) He looked like a lost soul first half, but improved after the break & hit the bar (?). Whatever, I've posted about it on another thread.
It's up to Cody really. If he has the character to keep plugging away, I reckon he has the talent to make it. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread