Cody Mcdonald - Rumour (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

One of cody's (Oldham) was an OG tbf. The dubious goals panel aren't bothered about league one.

It was an own goal. But its counted as a Cody goal. You could say the same about Elliotts last week.

Anyway, we need a striker to follow up with 10 goals, alongside Clarke.

stupot07

It was an own goal. But its counted as a Cody goal. You could say the same about Elliotts last week.

Anyway, we need a striker to follow up with 10 goals, alongside Clarke.

True, although we've managed over half a season without another striker scoring 10 goals along side McG and robins prefers a lone striker.

PVA

Pretty sure he would score goals at this level with a sustained run in the side. Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

Last edited:

KersleyDigs

I agree. A sustained run in a league two side and he'll start scoring again. A step too far for him, misses too many at this level.

wingy

From my observations I had him down as scoring from 1 in 4 from those first 3 games .However I am willing to buy into the theory he's not fit ,does'nt offer other aspects to the game that others can ,but a 1in 4 ratio is'nt so bad ,pretty confident there are others on the books who can't achieve that.

psgm1

Banned
Was an extremely poor signing. Was signed on hype alone - clearly no ability.

How ironic, considering pre-season the same people who make out Robins can walk on water were saying how Cody was going to be one of the top scorers in the league!

Will be released to cover Clarke's wages. Shame they can't offload ROD or Bell.

RoboCCFC90

Cody's glaring miss at Yeovil at the start of the season just sum's him up in truth..

Not clinical enough or consistent

Grendel

How ironic, considering pre-season the same people who make out Robins can walk on water were saying how Cody was going to be one of the top scorers in the league!

Sorry I rate robins and have never rated McDonald or thorn.

covcity4life

yeah as much as i think he can do a job i do not mind him leaving

robins clearly doesnt rate him as a poacher and the more non robins rated personal leave us and free up wages the better

mark82

What is your problem with Robins? He has turned the team around in his time here and we will continue to do well even now McGoldrick has gone.

Joy Division

He scored a lot of goals for Gillingham before we signed him so I doubt his ability is all conjecture.

rupert_bear

More importantly if he leaves that with McG gone means we are two strikers down, so will Robins be allowed to bring in another, we certainly need to.

smileycov

Facebook User
More importantly if he leaves that with McG gone means we are two strikers down, so will Robins be allowed to bring in another, we certainly need to.

Cody never played, so hardly missed and we have clarke in for DMC, so not really 2 down are we? Anyhow, DMC can not stay at Forest while Lee Camp is there, he will go but too where? Unless a team comes in with firm offer, surely we are best placed to take him.

PVA

Cody never played, so hardly missed and we have clarke in for DMC, so not really 2 down are we? Anyhow, DMC can not stay at Forest while Lee Camp is there, he will go but too where? Unless a team comes in with firm offer, surely we are best placed to take him.

Why not?

Ah, just googled it. Is that rumour true?

Sub

STRIKER CODY McDONALD SET TO SIGN FOR GILLS

GillsConnect have been informed from a reliable source from within Priestfield that Gills are very close to signing former prolific striker Cody McDonald and the deal will be completed and announced very shortly.

This is a massive boost for Gills promotion ambitions and a successful coup for Chairman Paul Scally, Director of Football Andy Hessenthaler and manager Martin Allen.

Cody McDonald is reported to be out of favour with his current club, League One Coventry City, but the 26-year-old prolific striker was a sensation for Gills when on loan from Norwich City during a season long deal in 2010/11 scoring 26 goals

http://gillsconnect.com/s/Gills_New...IKER_CODY_McDONALD_SET_TO_SIGN_FOR_GILLS.html

RoboCCFC90

Cody leaving is the best for both parties..

Wish him all the best for the future if this deal goes through.

Free's up some wages for us to bring in someone else in that postion.

PUSB!

smileycov

Facebook User
Why not?

Ah, just googled it. Is that rumour true?

I work in Nottingham, whilst they are just rumours, he was not the only one and Forest have shipped out 2/3 players over it!

suddsy101

shame if the rumours true, Cody had good start to this season with Thorn,unlucky that Robins didnt like him as much as Thorn.

Nick

Administrator
I work in Nottingham, whilst they are just rumours, he was not the only one and Forest have shipped out 2/3 players over it!

Christ. Why are they getting rid of so many people because of it? Surely there is another person they should get rid of if the rumours are true?

Sick Boy

Pretty sure he was not signed by our manager at the time either.

Who signed him then? No doubt it can't be Thorny's fault because it didn't work out, and none of his signings ever fail.

£300,000 washed down the drain as well. It seems a lot of money that SISU have put in has been wasted by managers, I wonder how many millions have wasted through the transfer fees and wages of Eastwood and McDonald alone?

Nick

Administrator
So when the manager said McDonald was his number 1 target and he will be the top goal scorer he was lying?

smileycov

Facebook User
Christ. Why are they getting rid of so many people because of it? Surely there is another person they should get rid of if the rumours are true?

But if true, then Lee is innocent party to all this, only from what i have been told. Seems a lot of substance to it though. Gareth Mcleary is another one allegedly

Sick Boy

shame if the rumours true, Cody had good start to this season with Thorn,unlucky that Robins didnt like him as much as Thorn.

He was being lauded by Thorn as a 30+ goal scorer at this level and guaranteed top scorer. :D

It is not unlucky that Robins doesn't rate him,he simply is not good enough. Thorn is not a football manager and never will be, I have full trust that Robins knows what he is doing.

stupot07

Sounds like BS to me. The rumours say it happened prior to going on loan to sheff Wednesday, yet he returned and played 6 games afterwards. They could have tried to offload him the summer rather than potentially lose him next summer for nothing and didn't, plus he also played a game for them this season.

And like you say, why would they get rid of 2 or 3 others? Bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread