Cody Mcdonald - Rumour (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

How ironic, considering pre-season the same people who make out Robins can walk on water were saying how Cody was going to be one of the top scorers in the league!

Who had 'irony' in the sweepstake of things psgm doesn't understand?

Gint11

Cody Mcdonald is average at best. Havent seen anything from him to want to keep him. Offload now.

Sick Boy

He was probably our realistic first choice.

There seemed to be a lot of blame given to SISU for not signing Le Fondre, yet he was never a realistic target. As if he was going to chose CCFC & Thorn over Reading & Mcdermott.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

He was probably our realistic first choice.

There seemed to be a lot of blame given to SISU for not signing Le Fondre, yet he was never a realistic target. As if he was going to chose CCFC & Thorn over Reading & Mcdermott.

COVENTRY CITY have been accused of making a "joke bid" for Rotherham United striker Adam Le Fondre. United chairman Tony Stewart says his club wants to keep the highly-rated goalscorer - and believes the Sky Blues' offer was little more than a publicity stunt. He told the Yorkshire Post: “Coventry came in with a joke bid a fortnight or so ago but I am sure they weren’t serious. I got the impression it was more a case of them wanting to show their supporters that they were trying to do something."

For once you're right Sick Boy - it was therefore never realistic. I'll mark this momentus day in the old diary......

Grendel

COVENTRY CITY have been accused of making a "joke bid" for Rotherham United striker Adam Le Fondre. United chairman Tony Stewart says his club wants to keep the highly-rated goalscorer - and believes the Sky Blues' offer was little more than a publicity stunt. He told the Yorkshire Post: “Coventry came in with a joke bid a fortnight or so ago but I am sure they weren’t serious. I got the impression it was more a case of them wanting to show their supporters that they were trying to do something."

For once you're right Sick Boy - it was therefore never realistic. I'll mark this momentus day in the old diary......

So when thorn said he was number one choice are you saying he lied to the fans?

Sick Boy

I presume that you are trying to blame SISU and deflecting any sort of blame away from who you believe to be an excellent manager. It is interesting that CMcD and Le Fondre ended up moving for the same fee.

I bow down to your superior knowledge and admire your ability to always be right though, it won't be long until Thorny is back showing us what he can do in the Premiership. Maybe you could be considered as someone to remould football in Britain? I imagine in a couple of decades you and Ken Dulieu will be looked upon as the saviours of British football, having unearthed the leader of the footballing revolution in Britain.

smileycov

Facebook User
Sounds like BS to me. The rumours say it happened prior to going on loan to sheff Wednesday, yet he returned and played 6 games afterwards. They could have tried to offload him the summer rather than potentially lose him next summer for nothing and didn't, plus he also played a game for them this season.

And like you say, why would they get rid of 2 or 3 others? Bizarre.

And Gareth Mcleary? he has gone also.........not every rumour is bullshit!

But so what, if there is no truth in it DMC will be playing for Forest now and not elsewhere, Time will tell to that one.

hamil99

Facebook User
Sounds like BS to me. The rumours say it happened prior to going on loan to sheff Wednesday, yet he returned and played 6 games afterwards. They could have tried to offload him the summer rather than potentially lose him next summer for nothing and didn't, plus he also played a game for them this season.

And like you say, why would they get rid of 2 or 3 others? Bizarre.

What are the rumours? What happened before going to Sheffield? I looked on-line and couldn't find anything?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I presume that you are trying to blame SISU and deflecting any sort of blame away from who you believe to be an excellent manager. It is interesting that CMcD and Le Fondre ended up moving for the same fee. QUOTE]

Here's an offer for you. Find anywhere, in any post where I've claimed Thorn was an excellent manager, and I'll pay £100 to a charity of your choice. There you go ;)

skybluegod

It was an own goal. But its counted as a Cody goal. You could say the same about Elliotts last week.

Anyway, we need a striker to follow up with 10 goals, alongside Clarke.

no because arguably elliots shot was going in anyway and he actually got more on it but still not a lot

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So when thorn said he was number one choice are you saying he lied to the fans?

I'm saying he was probably slightly disingenuous. But equally, and quite naturally, trying to protect the morale of the player.

I'm sure Messi would have been his 'number one' choice, followed by Benzema or Cassano.

Given CCFC's budget - according to a third-party without agenda - was 'a joke', I presume he meant his 'number one target' within the price level he was permitted to work.

Still, that's not the point I was trying to make; but hope nevertheless I've sated your curiosity

ajsccfc

I've set up one specially to help starving persons in Coventry. Lay down a few quid at Burger King and let them know I'm en route.

Grendel

I'm saying he was probably slightly disingenuous. But equally, and quite naturally, trying to protect the morale of the player.

I'm sure Messi would have been his 'number one' choice, followed by Benzema or Cassano.

Given CCFC's budget - according to a third-party without agenda - was 'a joke', I presume he meant his 'number one target' within the price level he was permitted to work.

Still, that's not the point I was trying to make; but hope nevertheless I've sated your curiosity

He said he was his number one choice in the summer and had been chasing him all of that time. The fee plaid is reported as very similar to Let Fondre.

In the "disengenous" world of Andy thorn we will never know who is real target was will we.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

In the "disingenuous" world of Andy thorn we will never know who is real target was will we.

Le Fondre was obviously the first 'target', as the 'joke' bid is confirmed by the Rotherham chairman. We also know King was a target, but the contract never materialised. We know Collins was a target, but we were in embargo, so it never manifested itself. Dave Syers was the prime midfield holding-player, but the embargo buggered that one too. McGoldrick was a target last January, and again in the summer; but that never quite happened either. Well, not until after Thorn left and a prick of conscience animated Waggy into life to appease truculant and revolting local serfs.....

You'll note in none of the above am I saying that Thorn was a great manager, nor a thespian extraordinaire. I don't credit him with a cure for leprosy, or state he can jump higher than a gazelle; or that he invented the potato or is attributable for the writing of most common Christmas carols.

Just that 'targets' were not all delivered as succinctly as one might hope. Hence the fumbling excuses, I guess

CODY!!!

Shame really, the goals on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JX6Np9CP7w made me think he would be "Cov's version of Messi" i also think alot of pressure was on the lad from day one, being the only out-field player to have signed that season, with talk of Juke going, and the club failing to re-sign Kingy. Didnt help he wasnt given a pre-season at Norwich. I hope its not true anyways. I think he can still do a job for us.

dongonzalos

Le Fondre was obviously the first 'target', as the 'joke' bid is confirmed by the Rotherham chairman. We also know King was a target, but the contract never materialised. We know Collins was a target, but we were in embargo, so it never manifested itself. Dave Syers was the prime midfield holding-player, but the embargo buggered that one too. McGoldrick was a target last January, and again in the summer; but that never quite happened either. Well, not until after Thorn left and a prick of conscience animated Waggy into life to appease truculant and revolting local serfs.....

You'll note in none of the above am I saying that Thorn was a great manager, nor a thespian extraordinaire. I don't credit him with a cure for leprosy, or state he can jump higher than a gazelle; or that he invented the potato or is attributable for the writing of most common Christmas carols.

Just that 'targets' were not all delivered as succinctly as one might hope. Hence the fumbling excuses, I guess

and a prick called Waggy animated into life

Grendel

Yes.....?

Your point?

Bit like ordering some fillet steak from waitrose then ending up with some offal from aldi and pretending its as good.

dongonzalos

I presume that you are trying to blame SISU and deflecting any sort of blame away from who you believe to be an excellent manager. It is interesting that CMcD and Le Fondre ended up moving for the same fee. QUOTE]

Here's an offer for you. Find anywhere, in any post where I've claimed Thorn was an excellent manager, and I'll pay £100 to a charity of your choice. There you go ;)

Sorry MMM

If you don't talk about him like he is Adolf hitler and you actually think he got a raw deal.

Then apparently that means you think he is as good as Alex Ferguson. I am surprised you were not aware if that?

Anyway
FFS move on
Leave it.
Yawn
Broken record
He has gone
Change the subject

CODY!!!

Bit like ordering some fillet steak from waitrose then ending up with some offal from aldi and pretending its as good.

I never said he was Messi, i mearly stated going off facts from his goals and that video, he COULD have been Coventry's answer to it. I was using Messi as a ref point. I think you're missing the point to be honest.

dongonzalos

He said he was his number one choice in the summer and had been chasing him all of that time. The fee plaid is reported as very similar to Let Fondre.

In the "disengenous" world of Andy thorn we will never know who is real target was will we.

Anyway
FFS move on
Leave it.
Yawn
Broken record
He has gone
Change the subject

Users who are viewing this thread